Become a Patron!

Help with Nicotine

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
I purchased my first batch of nicotine: 2 x 100ml/100mg, 100% PG bottles. I bought them from a vendor that seemed to have a pretty good reputation on this and other forums (not sure if I can/should mention their name).

Anyway, when I first uncapped it, I immediately noticed a pretty strong odor. Not really sure how to describe it...maybe a rancid cigarette tobacco smell? It's not overpowering, but very noticeable and when mixed (@ 6mg/ml), it is definitely the prominent flavor and very harsh. It basically ruins the juice, which is a fruit mix that ends up tasting like a tobacco juice, which I don't like.

Did I get a bad batch? Is there anything I can do to get rid of the taste/odor?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I purchased my first batch of nicotine: 2 x 100ml/100mg, 100% PG bottles. I bought them from a vendor that seemed to have a pretty good reputation on this and other forums (not sure if I can/should mention their name).

Anyway, when I first uncapped it, I immediately noticed a pretty strong odor. Not really sure how to describe it...maybe a rancid cigarette tobacco smell? It's not overpowering, but very noticeable and when mixed (@ 6mg/ml), it is definitely the prominent flavor and very harsh. It basically ruins the juice, which is a fruit mix that ends up tasting like a tobacco juice, which I don't like.

Sounds like you have OLD or shitty nic, who was the vendor?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You got some nic that's become oxidized.
It's old and you should complain to whoever you got it from.

How much have you used?
They may take it back if you had just bought it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

1) Yes
2) NO (unless you return it for a new batch)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I got it from HiLiq, which is out of China, so sending it back probably isn't worth it.

Really?
I've gotten hiliq nic and never had any that was bad.
Does it have a clear or yellow tint to it?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It’s pretty colorless, but it’s STANKY!

Is it supposed to be COMPLETELY odorless and tasteless?

Mine is colorless and has a light scent to it but it's not bad.
at 3mg I get similar nic feeling and throat hit as store bought juice.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I purchased my first batch of nicotine: .....
<SNIP>
Anyway, when I first uncapped it, I immediately noticed a pretty strong odor.

Before opening and/or using it...did you shake the container Really Well?
I just had to ask...I always do.:)

Ron
---
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia."- Charles M. Schulz

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
Before opening and/or using it...did you shake the container Really Well?
I just had to ask...I always do.:)

Ron
---
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia."- Charles M. Schulz

My arm is still sore from shaking that damn bottle!

I guess my overall question is: should there really be no smell/taste? Would a lower concentration, even though you'd have to use more, have less taste and harshness (throat hit)?

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I am not trying to suggest that anyone has offered bad advise, and do agree that you got a bad batch...

However, this got me thinking... I know some have a very strong sense of smell. I personally have a very very bad sense of smell. The reason in mentioning this is my spouse and a few friends swear when they smell the nicotine I have has a chemical type smell. Its good nic, does not have a bad taste or color. To me its completely odorless and to some of my other friends its odorless....

I know we all have different sense of taste and smell, but should this really allow some to smell odors that are completely oblivious to others?

So this has me begging the question, have others experienced something like this also?

Last edited:

Bundy71

Member For 2 Years
I would imagine people have varying degrees of sense of smell. I would even imagine that some people are more sensitive to certain smells. Everyone is wired differently.

Only example I can think of is my wife loves the smell of candles.—she can go into a store and smell different aromas and tell what she likes. To me, they all smell like a vat of chemicals, almost like they are smelling salts.

Vaperyan

VU Wholeseller
VU Wholeseller
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello Bundy, sorry to have this experience, we surely don't want this to happen. We didn't have complains on our nicotine for so long so this will be handled seriously, can you please email me at [email protected] with the photos of the product and package (manufacturing date) and the order number please so I can look over and help you. Most of our clients here are satisfied with our nicotine so rest assure we also want you to be satisfied about it. :) Thank you.

VU Sponsors