Become a Patron!

Help with "OHM"s

so i been vaping on this evod pen for a while and i just ordered a nemesis mech mod with patriot RDA, 2 UltraFire Rechargeable 18650 5800mAh 3.7V Li-ion batteries, some juice and a OHM reader, i dont know what ohm's i should be vaping at when i get all that in the mail, can somebody explain an ohm chart to me. im coming from a evod pen so please understand i dont know jackshit about mods , yes i should have learned before i ordered one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You shouldn't be vaping with the ultrafire batteries at all.
You need high drain IMR18650 batteries that are 30 amp continuous
Ultafire is an unsafe ICR technology good for flashlights and regulated mods 15 watts and under like a Vamo.
Do not go under 1ohm before you get a better set of batteries.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a battery pro but red flags stick out that these batteries your talking about are not regulated. 5800 mah??? And if you do not know about your gear I suggest learning before vaping with it. I am hoping other folks will chime in here too.(thanks 5150sick)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
, yes i should have learned before i ordered one.

Yes, you should have, so now lets get a few folks to help you learn before you hurt yourself.

Step1----DO NOT use that battery
STep2---order a Samsung 25R or Sony vtc4 from http://liionwholesale.com/
Step3--- learn how to build a good coil.

If you're coming off of an ego style setup, odds are you will want to build in 1ohm range with 28g or 26g kanthal. When you're ordering the battery, do yourself a HUGE favor and order yourself an ohm meter and perhaps a rebuilders kit. The best way to learn how to build is either at a shop or watching you tube. Quick list of tools though would be: Ohms meter, precision screw drivers, coil jig, toenail clippers, ceramic tweezers.
Do some research, ask specific questions and most importantly have fun and vape safe.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@5150sick is spot on. Whatever you do don't use those batteries. If you're using a mechanical mod you definitely want to with with 25A+ rated IMR batteries. I'd suggest starting with low-resistance coils before jumping into sub ohm. You may want to look into a coil master v3 as they really simplify things. It's not a must-have, but it does make it super easy to get consistent coils.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Another option would be the UD Coil Jig V3 for wrapping coils.

VU Sponsors