Become a Patron!

Help with Ohms on my Smok Osub 80w

Recently got a Smok Osub 80w off a friend, and bought a new coil with it, the Brit Beast baby .4 ohm, but ive just been having trouble getting the vape to reach the correct # of ohms. I know that the vape should be able to reach 0.4 ohms but it does not let me go past 0.218 ohms. What do I do??? Also is it bad if I use it at 0.218 ohms?? Thanks

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
1... how many coils are you using and what is the resistance per coil? If each coil is 0.4 and you are using 2.. the resistance will be halved, so aprox.. 0.2
If the coil is 0.4 and you are only using 1 and getting a resistance of 0.2 then the coil has a short someplace. But that is really unlikely unless the coil was touching a post other than on the leg where it is supposed to.

2. 0.2 ohms is fine. The mod wont let you go below its preset lower limit.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Recently got a Smok Osub 80w off a friend, and bought a new coil with it, the Brit Beast baby .4 ohm, but ive just been having trouble getting the vape to reach the correct # of ohms. I know that the vape should be able to reach 0.4 ohms but it does not let me go past 0.218 ohms. What do I do??? Also is it bad if I use it at 0.218 ohms?? Thanks
you should be adjusting the ohms. did you reset the resistance? take the tank off. press fire a few times so it says check atomizer, then put the tank back on and press fire and select new coil

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
1... how many coils are you using and what is the resistance per coil? If each coil is 0.4 and you are using 2.. the resistance will be halved, so aprox.. 0.2
If the coil is 0.4 and you are only using 1 and getting a resistance of 0.2 then the coil has a short someplace. But that is really unlikely unless the coil was touching a post other than on the leg where it is supposed to.

2. 0.2 ohms is fine. The mod wont let you go below its preset lower limit.
It's a premade coil. his resistance should read close to what is printed on it

VU Sponsors