Become a Patron!

Help with picking a portable mod

T_G

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone! New here and somewhat new to the vape world. I started out with a 20w istick with a Kanger genitank. It did well for a bit, until I saw the Subox kit. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm lovin my Subox but I need something much more practical while at work. I work in a warehouse and I'm on a forklift a good portion of the day so I would like to find something that fits in my pocket much better than the subox.

So that brings me here. Id love to hear thoughts and opinions on different "ego style" (i guess you would call it) mod that will run my sub tanks. I've looked at the Tesla One, Aspire CF sub ohm and what not. But I look to y'all to hopefully shed some light on the 2 or even opinions on other mods.

My needs:

Price: I want to stay in the $50usd range. (this could be flexible for the right mod, but I don't see myself dropping much more than 100 right now.
Compatibility: with my Kanger sub tanks
Durability: this is pretty important. Working in a warehouse there are endless amount of ways to f up a nice mod.

I think that about covers it. Thank you in advance for any and all help

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
how about a istick 30 or 40
both work fine with the subtank
the 40 has TC so you can use the ni200 coils in your subtank

Reactions: T_G

Zovers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The GTP subohm kit sounds like it would be a good fit. Its a sub ohm pen that produces clouds similar to aspire's nautilus.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are great on the go and stealthy:)
d52af0f2-942d-4e08-a976-3420bdea3de9_zpsbbf9rygr.jpg

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Ego style devices at work too due to the harsh conditions. I currently am using a Tesla Spider II (6V) and an Ola X by MJ Tech (5.5V), both with Nautilus Mini's on top. Fit great in front pocket (in a pouch) and last all day on a charge. 4.8V devices just do not have enough power. Might Check out the IPow II by Kanger (15W) and the powerful but expensive, Vision Nunchaku (18W). All great choices, and much smaller/lighter than an Ego one/Egrip. The Spider II is 17.00 at Fasttech right now.

T_G

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! @Heather that thing is built like a tank.

@Whiskey I like that little rig. What drop too is that? And what mod is it? I like that the tank is inside the mod, but what's the capacity like?

@ChrisL hey thanks for stopping by man that's just what I was looking for. I really dig the Tesla though, it's nice and clean.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll pull the trigger on one tomorrow and do some more research tonight.

VU Sponsors