Become a Patron!

Help with Sigelei 213w!

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, after reading through the thread that rice721 provided and doing some testing of my own, he's 100% right. Although I didn't get a dry hit at 100w and 200Fon tc mode using tcr, it wasn't because the mod was regulating temperature for sure. I'll chalk the lack of a dry hit up to the coil and wick being able to take that kind of wattage. It hits as if completely unregulated when using tcr.

The only time the tc actually works is when using the presets, just like rice stated. Also, the ss 316 preset provides little to no vapor unless ramping the temp up to around 500F. The weird thing is, if I use the preset for ss 304 on a 316 wire I get a nice regulated tc vape at about 420F or so.

Hopefully a firmware upgrade will resolve this but I'm skeptical at this point.

As far as MY experience goes with vaping on various devices(Wismec, Joyetech, Smok, and DNA) it's quite normal to have to play with the TCR a bit. For example, I use SS316L at a TCR anywhere from about 92 to 108. So, based on what I have experienced, and also read....your experience with getting little to no vapor with the correct SS316 (TCR of 92 under the covers) and changing it to SS304 (TCR of about 105) is spot on from what I know....

Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105
http://vapingg33k.com/how-about-a-t...apemeet-ecig-vapestagram-vapecommunity-vapef/
Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092

Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.00088

Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155

Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138

I've read that the resistance change because of increased temperature on SS is so small, that even minor variations in the chemical make of the SS can effect the TCR setting used.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When using TC, you won't get much if any vapor at 200F. I'm usually at 420-450F depending on mood and or juice.

Edit The temperature has to be high enough to vaporize your juice. I use DNA200 mods so I'm talking about TC in general, not just about this mod.[/QUOTEI
As far as MY experience goes with vaping on various devices(Wismec, Joyetech, Smok, and DNA) it's quite normal to have to play with the TCR a bit. For example, I use SS316L at a TCR anywhere from about 92 to 108. So, based on what I have experienced, and also read....your experience with getting little to no vapor with the correct SS316 (TCR of 92 under the covers) and changing it to SS304 (TCR of about 105) is spot on from what I know....

Stainless Steel / SS 304 : 0.00105
Stainless Steel / SS 316 : 0.00092

Stainless Steel / SS 317 : 0.00088

Stainless Steel / SS 410 : 0.00155

Stainless Steel / SS 430 : 0.00138

I've read that the resistance change because of increased temperature on SS is so small, that even minor variations in the chemical make of the SS can effect the TCR setting used.
The problem with the tcr on the sigelei 213 is that it hits like a beast at 200F. It's acting like it's hitting in wattage mode whenever you use tcr. Works fine with the tc presets though.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The problem with the tcr on the sigelei 213 is that it hits like a beast at 200F. It's acting like it's hitting in wattage mode whenever you use tcr. Works fine with the tc presets though.
Yeah, if it's hitting hard at 200F then it's not in TC. It has to be in power mode (I'm not saying you don't have it in TC, I'm saying the mod isn't working properly).

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, if it's hitting hard at 200F then it's not in TC. It has to be in power mode (I'm not saying you don't have it in TC, I'm saying the mod isn't working properly).
Seems to be an issue many people are coming across now. I was using it in tc mode with tcr for a while and never noticed it until I read rice's post. I suppose as long as it functions as expected with the presets it's no big deal, but it's unsettling that the device has these issues. I just hope Sigelei makes good on a firmware upgrade.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm sorry, I probably wasn't clear....I knew you were NOT using TCR, but were using the built in wire types.... That said, I would assume under the covers, it's till using something similar to the regular TCR values... So, the setting you used(SS304) would be similar to what I use when I set a TCR value of 105, even though we are both vaping on SS316L.....

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sorry, I probably wasn't clear....I knew you were NOT using TCR, but were using the built in wire types.... That said, I would assume under the covers, it's till using something similar to the regular TCR values... So, the setting you used(SS304) would be similar to what I use when I set a TCR value of 105, even though we are both vaping on SS316L.....
Oh I see, got ya.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What I gathered from this is that we don't enter the popular Celsius based tcr values, they need to be converted to Fahrenheit. So, what Sigelei is saying is that it's not broken, the tcr just needs to be converted, so no update is needed to fix the issue.

They're supposed to put a tool on their website that will allow us to convert the tcr values into what we need. They are also releasing a Fuchai 213 that will use the standard Celsius based tcr values to cater to those who want it.

This is just what I took away from what they're saying. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time. I suppose in the end, after we try it truth will out.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What I gathered from this is that we don't enter the popular Celsius based tcr values, they need to be converted to Fahrenheit. So, what Sigelei is saying is that it's not broken, the tcr just needs to be converted, so no update is needed to fix the issue.

They're supposed to put a tool on their website that will allow us to convert the tcr values into what we need. They are also releasing a Fuchai 213 that will use the standard Celsius based tcr values to cater to those who want it.

This is just how I understand what they're saying. I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time.
I hear you but if it is indeed upgradeable then why not just send out the fix? Seems strange to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So maybe it's not upgradeable?

That's the way I took that post too. I would prefer to have the TCR values the way they are in the chart. It's just easier for mods to use that standard imo. That way you don't have to do conversions. Just makes everything more convenient.

Cheers,
Steve

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I hear you but if it is indeed upgradeable then why not just send out the fix? Seems strange to me.

From what I gathered, they are using a different conversion method, Fahrenheit as opposed to Celsius, which according to them is supposed to be more accurate. Instead of "fixing it" they are just going to provide a conversion tool.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's the way I took that post too. I would prefer to have the TCR values the way they are in the chart. It's just easier for mods to use that standard imo. That way you don't have to do conversions. Just makes everything more convenient.

Cheers,
Steve
Exactly what I was thinking.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If it truly works with the tool they provide then I'll be happy. I still would like to see a firmware update for a couple of other things though.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
From what I gathered, they are using a different conversion method, Fahrenheit as opposed to Celsius, which according to them is supposed to be more accurate. Instead of "fixing it" they are just going to provide a conversion tool.
I'm sorry, but I call BS on it being more accurate, it's JUST a mathematical formula!!!!

They ALSO claim that JUST changing the formula from the STANDARD TCR value based on Celsius temperature change(THAT everyone else uses), to Fahrenheit makes the Sigelei cost DOUBLE, so they can sell the Fuchai 213 for HALF the cost, because it will use the LESS accurate Celsius TCR method! So... using Aluminum on Fuchai 213, as opposed to Carbon Fiber like the Sigelei 213 doesn't effect the cost?!?!? and they JUST so happened to have the Fuchai 213 waitting in the wings.... Yeah, in my opinion they were already planning or releasing it.....

Really, how stupid do they think people are?!?!?!?

Here is the standard formula ---> Who here is good with math? I haven't had to do algebra since high school...long time ago...but I expect I can take a brief refresher on Algebra, and figure out how to modify the formula.... Opinions anyone??????

Link --> http://ecigarettes.ca/pages/how-does-tc-work-and-what-is-the-temperature-coefficient-of-resistance

The TCR is relative to the starting resistance, meaning that the higher the starting resistance of the coil, the greater rate of increase in resistance with temperature. So a 0.10Ω coil heated hundreds of degrees will only increase in resistance by a few 0.1's, whereas a 1.0Ω coil heated the same amount will increase by multiple ohms.

The TCR of pure Nickel is approximately 0.006. This means that for every °C hotter a Ni200 wire gets, its resistance rises by (0.006 * )Ω. So for a coil that starts at 1.0Ω, every degree °C of heating will increase its resistance by 0.006Ω (0.006 *1). For a coil that starts at 0.1Ω, each degree will increase resistance by 0.0006Ω (0.006 * 0.1).

Examples:
  • A coil is at 0.10Ω at room temperature (20°C / 68°F)
    • You vape and the chip sees its resistance is now 0.22Ω
      • So it knows its resistance rose by 0.12Ω
    • Then it calculates using the coefficient of 0.006 that a resistance rise of 0.12Ω equals a temperature rise of 200°C (392° F)
      • And therefore the coil temperature is now 220°C (428°F)
      • (0.22Ω - 0.10Ω) / (0.006 * 0.1Ω) = 200°C (392°F)
      • + 20°C (68°F) [starting temp] = 220°C (428°F) [coil temp]
  • A coil is at 0.5Ω at room temperature (20°C / 68°F)
    • During vaping the resistance rises to 1.136Ω
    • This is a temperature rise of 212°C / 413°F, from the following calculation:
      • (1.136Ω - 0.50Ω) / (0.006 * 0.5Ω) = 212°C (413°F)
      • + 20°C (68°F) [starting temp] = 232°C (450°F) [coil temp]

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was reading through the Sigelei 213 owners thread on ecf and used a tcr value of 0.0005 with 316 ss as suggested by Darthtanien, and I can confirm that it does work with mine.

I guess there's that at least, despise all of the bullshit flying from Sigelei right now.

Last edited:

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok so here is the tool that Sigelei has posted on their website.

http://sigelei.com/tcr.php

Any insight as to how this thing works would be appreciated as I am a tc newbie. I understand the top one, that's simple enough, but I'm lost as to what the bottom input is supposed to be.

The tool says tcr for 316 and 316L is 0.00049 but the device does not have that many spaces.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I used 0.0005 as recommended by a ecf member and it seems to work pretty well on my rafale, but leaves something to be desired on my crown, which is weird because they are both 316L coils.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm sorry, but I call BS on it being more accurate, it's JUST a mathematical formula!!!!

Surprisingly, according to a number of scientific resources, Fahrenheit is superior for measuring temperature precisely. A little research will confirm this. I'm by no means a thermal engineer so I have no idea why this is, but it seems that Sigelei was trying to create a superior tc device after all.

I have to say, after figuring everything out and using the numbers provided by their website, I am quite happy with the mod. As a side note, I used their formula provided by their video and entered the numbers from steam engine, and everything checks out.

Last edited:

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Surprisingly, according to a number of scientific resources, Fahrenheit is superior for measuring temperature precisely. A little research will confirm this. I'm by no means a thermal engineer so I have no idea why this is, but it seems that Sigelei was trying to create a superior tc device after all.

I have to say, after figuring everything out and using the numbers provided by their website, I am quite happy with the mod. As a side note, I used their formula provided by their video and entered the numbers from steam engine, and everything checks out.

You don't have to be a thermal engineer. Fahrenheit is a smaller unit of measurement which means that it can be more precise. Nothing more nothing less.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TCR tool on their web site works. It's very simple. You input the wire you are using and it gives you a number. Put the number in ,lock the resistance set the temp and vape. It will also give you the TFR for a required temperature setting. I've been using these settings for 316L all day and it has been great. The TCR and TFR settings work very well and it is keeping my temp at the setting I select.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I am not claiming I am a math genius....Here is what I don't understand...

Given a set temperature range, assuming you aren't rounding numbers off, the resistance change would be the same regardless. So if we start at 68F, or 20c.... if we increase by 400f, then that is 468f and 242.222C.... the resistance change between the two is the same.

The only REAL difference I could see is using Fahrenheit, you have more whole number points of measurement...

Let's assume Sigelei is telling the truth...

So according to them, and their values :

upload_2016-5-22_7-6-9.png
and no difference if it's 316

upload_2016-5-22_7-6-57.png

and yet the standard TCR we all use has different values for each, correct? Why?

Why must the Sigelei method round both of them to 0.0005??? and yet, their method is more precise, how when the input is the same for 316 and 316l. Granted, even with standard TCR there isn't MUCH of a difference, but there is a difference...

upload_2016-5-22_7-30-48.pngupload_2016-5-22_7-31-21.png

So, to me it just doesn't seem to add up...Again, I'm not a math expert, but it seems if you use their formula, you have less change(in TCR value), and therefore less sensitivity/adjustment in the TCR values, or coarser adjustments...

for example, standard tcr...

316 TCR 88

317L TCR 94

430 TCR 138

Six units of measurement of difference between 316 and 316L
Sigelei method
upload_2016-5-22_7-47-49.png

Ahh.. I guess using their more precise method, that is also 0.0005....you have to round, and it's the same...Correct?

Ok, let's try something with a larger difference say ss430---->

upload_2016-5-22_7-48-33.png
So either 0.0007 or round up.. 0.0008.. So 3 values of TCR change, and standard TCR would be 58 units of standard TCR. Even if you COULD use the number Sigelei is showing, there are only 28 units of TCR difference, as opposed to 58...(between SS316 and sa430). So again, not a math expert, but that seems like a much coarser unit of adjustment without even taking into account their rounding....

I'm curious...(I have a stupid, and probably wrong hunch, but...)

If you set your device to use strictly, Celsius(when setting the TCR, AND adjusting the temperature) , can you then use the standard TCR values, and get consistent temperature control???

In any case, I'm glad Sigelei gave something to make TCR usable, at the very least, as starting point.

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-22_7-44-4.png
    upload_2016-5-22_7-44-4.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 17
  • upload_2016-5-22_7-46-17.png
    upload_2016-5-22_7-46-17.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 18

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm no good at math and to me the only number that matters are the Watts and the temp. Because in the end when you adjust the temp number it should warm or cool the vapor and that's what their numbers do. If their tool told me the TCR for 316L is .1234 I wouldn't care so long as the temp it produces is accurate and when the wick dries it doesn't burn. I don't know if they made a mistake but it sounds like they did this on purpose. Their mistake was not informing the people who bought this product how to correctly use it with the standards they put in. As a result they got alot of people catching their wicks on fire at 200 degrees. I was one of them. I was ready to return this device but now that they have given us the correct numbers this is by far my favorite mod. The owners manual should have included their TCR numbers and an explanation as to why they are different and all the confusion could have been avoided.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't really studied manual temp control that much. But and correct me if I am wrong. That TCR is the resistance change per degree right? If every degree of change is let's say .00049 resistance change in fahrenheit. Now with celsius, you are talking about something close compound interest. The change in one degree of celsius being three degrees of F would be a factor of .00049 three times. Meaning the previous resistance change you influence the next and next after that. Now most of these devices probably do some tweaking of the numbers after looking at the resistance delta at a high temperature like 468/242. And tweak it back a bit. But the fact is F being 1/3rd the unit of measurement C is, its going to be more accurate.

That's not to excuse the lack of information. Really lazy of Sig to remap the near industry standards for TCR and not tell anyone. As Sig's first and at this point will be their only TCR device. It could be something simple like when they were doing the math, it didn't occur to them that everyone else was doing it differently.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The fuchai 213 will fix all these issues plus it's only
$49 bucks yes I'm trolling!

VAPE ON

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am not claiming I am a math genius....Here is what I don't understand...

Given a set temperature range, assuming you aren't rounding numbers off, the resistance change would be the same regardless. So if we start at 68F, or 20c.... if we increase by 400f, then that is 468f and 242.222C.... the resistance change between the two is the same.

The only REAL difference I could see is using Fahrenheit, you have more whole number points of measurement...

Let's assume Sigelei is telling the truth...

So according to them, and their values :

View attachment 51855
and no difference if it's 316

View attachment 51856

and yet the standard TCR we all use has different values for each, correct? Why?

Why must the Sigelei method round both of them to 0.0005??? and yet, their method is more precise, how when the input is the same for 316 and 316l. Granted, even with standard TCR there isn't MUCH of a difference, but there is a difference...

View attachment 51858View attachment 51859

So, to me it just doesn't seem to add up...Again, I'm not a math expert, but it seems if you use their formula, you have less change(in TCR value), and therefore less sensitivity/adjustment in the TCR values, or coarser adjustments...

for example, standard tcr...

316 TCR 88

317L TCR 94

430 TCR 138

Six units of measurement of difference between 316 and 316L
Sigelei method
View attachment 51862

Ahh.. I guess using their more precise method, that is also 0.0005....you have to round, and it's the same...Correct?

Ok, let's try something with a larger difference say ss430---->

View attachment 51863
So either 0.0007 or round up.. 0.0008.. So 3 values of TCR change, and standard TCR would be 58 units of standard TCR. Even if you COULD use the number Sigelei is showing, there are only 28 units of TCR difference, as opposed to 58...(between SS316 and sa430). So again, not a math expert, but that seems like a much coarser unit of adjustment without even taking into account their rounding....

I'm curious...(I have a stupid, and probably wrong hunch, but...)

If you set your device to use strictly, Celsius(when setting the TCR, AND adjusting the temperature) , can you then use the standard TCR values, and get consistent temperature control???

In any case, I'm glad Sigelei gave something to make TCR usable, at the very least, as starting point.

I get where you are coming from man, and I don't fully understand it either. I guess based on the fact that Fahrenheit is actually a more precise way to measure temp, I'm just trying to give Sigelei the benefit of the doubt on the tcr issue. Maybe I'm being naive.

I don't think they intentionally deceived everyone, it wouldn't be beneficial in any way from a business standpoint. The industry is extremely competitive and I honestly think they were just trying to set themselves apart from everyone else. The problem is, they did it from strictly an engineering standpoint without taking into consideration the confusion that it would cause by deviating from an acceptable standard.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I smell that bullshit from China all the way back here to Ohio. New device $50 cheaper because the can use currant TCR market....

Someone has to make a Hitler parody on this. Luckily at least for me I don't use tcr just TC and power. Also got device for $70 and not higher like most have.

3.With the reduction of precision down to the current TCR market standards we will be able to launch the Fuchai 213 at half the cost of the Sigelei 213 model.

rice721

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The fuchai 213 will fix all these issues plus it's only
$49 bucks yes I'm trolling!

VAPE ON
Yep, one of the reasons why the Sig213 will be my first and last mod from them.

The firmware is NOT upgradable, I'm 99% certain of this. Don't mind the fact that ALL online vendors, almost ALL youtube reviewers have been touting firmware upgradable.

Sure, sigelei's weibsite NEVER mentioned firmware being upgradable but are you telling me that they never bothered to check any vendors / youtube reviewers who they've sent beta/sample versions to do testing on and failed to notice this information?

Shady businesses practices. And the fact that these were selling like hotcakes. Basically a middle finger to Sig213 owners with the new Fuchai 213. And guess what, people are going to buy the fuchai 213 in boatloads b/c of its price, form factor, and a TCR that does not require work arounds.

End Rant.

I still like this mod and its still in my rotation but Sigelei as a company? just no.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The firmware is NOT upgradable, I'm 99% certain of this. Don't mind the fact that ALL online vendors, almost ALL youtube reviewers have been touting firmware upgradable.

It's not. I e-mailed Sigelei warranty center and got a reply that it is NOT firmware upgradeable. Element vape and myvaporstore also removed that feature from their list once it was confirmed.

Last edited:

VapeDogg22

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anybody know why some of the Sigelei Fuchai 213's are priced at $50-60 bucks and some closer to $80-90? It is just a color/wrap difference?

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol, got 2 fixes on pre order.

I got mine today and all the nonsense and upgrade lies aside, I kinda like it. Ok, now I'm lying, so far I really like it. It feels really well made, the brief SS TC test I did seemed to work well, nice and flat with no pulsing. I'll test the USB charging tonight but I've seen a couple of vids showing it working so that's another plus. I know when we talked yesterday I said it was going right back out the door but now I'm having second thoughts. After all, the Cool fire is inexpensive and the more mods the merrier I always say :)

I think you will enjoy them. Let us know what you think when they show up.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got mine today and all the nonsense and upgrade lies aside, I kinda like it. Ok, now I'm lying, so far I really like it. It feels really well made, the brief SS TC test I did seemed to work well, nice and flat with no pulsing. I'll test the USB charging tonight but I've seen a couple of vids showing it working so that's another plus. I know when we talked yesterday I said it was going right back out the door but now I'm having second thoughts. After all, the Cool fire is inexpensive and the more mods the merrier I always say :)

I think you will enjoy them. Let us know what you think when they show up.
Yeah bro, you can never have to many mods. Especially with all these pending regulations.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I did a quick test on the 213 charging capabilities and so far not so good. I charged a pair of brown LG's using the supplied cable and a 2amp wall wart and when the screen showed 100%, I took them out and put them on my Nitecore D4 and they kept right on charging. They have been on the charger now for a good 20 min and still have not finished. My efest LUC is in my wife's car so I was not able to get a read out of the actual numbers so I can't say whether or not it's a balanced incomplete charge. When I plugged the mod in, the batteries were reading 85% so they didn't have very long to go. I was hoping it would work as advertised but apparently not. My LUC we'll be back here tonight so I'll try again and get some numbers.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I did a quick test on the 213 charging capabilities and so far not so good. I charged a pair of brown LG's using the supplied cable and a 2amp wall wart and when the screen showed 100%, I took them out and put them on my Nitecore D4 and they kept right on charging. They have been on the charger now for a good 20 min and still have not finished. My efest LUC is in my wife's car so I was not able to get a read out of the actual numbers so I can't say whether or not it's a balanced incomplete charge. When I plugged the mod in, the batteries were reading 85% so they didn't have very long to go. I was hoping it would work as advertised but apparently not. My LUC we'll be back here tonight so I'll try again and get some numbers.

A little more not so technically info but one battery finished charging long before the other so it's not looking so balanced. I'm going to email Sig and see what they have to say. I'm not expecting a response but I'll do it for shits and giggles.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had no problems charging mine although I do use the charge cable that I use for my droid turbo smart phone.I just lock the fire button, disconnect the atomizer and plug it in before going to bed. In the morning I turn it on and the batteries are charged. The mod is also cool to the touch. This is how I've been doing since I
bought it. Also to note, I get excellent battery life. I wake up at 5 am and vape when I can util I go to bed about 10 PM. When I plug in the charger I still have about 30% battery life.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had no problems charging mine although I do use the charge cable that I use for my droid turbo smart phone.I just lock the fire button, disconnect the atomizer and plug it in before going to bed. In the morning I turn it on and the batteries are charged. The mod is also cool to the touch. This is how I've been doing since I
bought it. Also to note, I get excellent battery life. I wake up at 5 am and vape when I can util I go to bed about 10 PM. When I plug in the charger I still have about 30% battery life.

Have you checked the batteries after they have been charged? I'm going to test it again tonight. I'll check the voltage on my charger before and after. Either way, I'm not concerned. I've been using it for the last few hours in SS TC and I'm very impressed. If I have to pop the batteries out and stick them on a charger, no big deal.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never charge internally. The same holds true for the Cuboid, the RX200 and every other mod I've used. I charge them internally and then on my Efest Luc I see they are neither balanced nor fully charged. Internal charging is only for lipo and then if you can take your lipo out and charge it is still better. All this hullabaloo.

Personally not a fan of the new Sig. The best Sig was the old Sig 150 with no TC at all. Solid as a rock and no pulsing. I still have mine. The Fuchai I have flat out lies. It does not vape at the watts you set. At 100 watts on the Fuchai get a stronger hit at 85 watts on my IPV5 - which I much prefer. I mean Sigelei is just over rated. They are okay as back up devices. But I'll pick up my HexOhms first and my IPVs second. I do have the new SX Q class as well in BROWN - it is far better than any Sig i have owned. 'Course you are paying for it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never charge internally. The same holds true for the Cuboid, the RX200 and every other mod I've used. I charge them internally and then on my Efest Luc I see they are neither balanced nor fully charged. Internal charging is only for lipo and then if you can take your lipo out and charge it is still better. All this hullabaloo.

Personally not a fan of the new Sig. The best Sig was the old Sig 150 with no TC at all. Solid as a rock and no pulsing. I still have mine. The Fuchai I have flat out lies. It does not vape at the watts you set. At 100 watts on the Fuchai get a stronger hit at 85 watts on my IPV5 - which I much prefer. I mean Sigelei is just over rated. They are okay as back up devices. But I'll pick up my HexOhms first and my IPVs second. I do have the new SX Q class as well in BROWN - it is far better than any Sig i have owned. 'Course you are paying for it.

I rarely charge my batteries inside the mod either but I just wanted to test the claims of Sigelei which so far have not panned out. That being said, the 213 is the best mod they have made since the 150 non-tc. I am also a fan of the IPV5 but so far, I think the 213 is the better mod between the two. I've only had the 213 since this time yesterday and the IPV5 for a couple months now so that could change for me.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How are they going to do a update the port is just for charging.

They're not, and I reiterated that in post #79 last week. I haven't been following this thread because there has been a much more active discussion in the Sigelei 213 owners thread on ecf.

Since then, with the help of a few people, I have figured out quite a bit about the mod. I actually having it working in tc mode, and I am very happy with it despite this whole tcr thing.

I must of purchased two duds then. Nothing but issues with my 213's misfired and TC mode is horrible. In TC mode no matter what coils I put on it all different ohm coils. Either TI or SS316 or ni200 it says .17 ohms and my separate ohm readers are reading consistent. And when iI put batteries in it shows a 8.4 v load on one battery. And won't fire I have to take them out and fiddle with them a couple times and it starts worki,g. Brand new batteries.

kenpocory

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I must of purchased two duds then. Nothing but issues with my 213's misfired and TC mode is horrible. In TC mode no matter what coils I put on it all different ohm coils. Either TI or SS316 or ni200 it says .17 ohms and my separate ohm readers are reading consistent. And when iI put batteries in it shows a 8.4 v load on one battery. And won't fire I have to take them out and fiddle with them a couple times and it starts worki,g. Brand new batteries.
Oh that sucks man. Mine reads the coil resistance the same as my ohm meter. I always check the ohm meter before I even drop the build on the mod.

I was going to offer some suggestions and things I did to get a good tc vape, but if it's not even reading the ohms right then that's screwed up.

I have heard of others having the same battery issues and cleaning the battery contacts on the mod usually did the trick for them.

Last edited:

Luiss_mk6

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got mine today and love everything about but how do you power off the dam thing????

VU Sponsors