Become a Patron!

Help with staggered claptons

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys,

Need some help with staggered claptons.

1) hard time do make the spaced claptons. Tryed the Sherlock Hohms method with a weight holding the loop wire (didn't work very well). And tryed the shirt button, it was better, but still not 100%.

2) Then, in the time to put the two cores together, i also have a hard time. Some wires overlap each other and i ended with crap coils :headbang::facepalm:

Tips and help?

Best

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.14.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.14.jpeg
    103.2 KB · Views: 15
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.13.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.11 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.11 (1).jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 12
  • WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.11.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-09-03 at 17.39.11.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holding the loop with my finger is the only thing i didn't try yet... I'll give it a shot and see...

Thanks
It's the only way I can get it to work. I use spool tamers on my wire spools to keep them good. You can find videos on That too. They work great

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
take a look in the stagger/fuse thread, theres a few pics of the different methods, and a couple pages of discussion already. personally, for round wire spaced claptons, i prefer the finger loop method. you have full control over tension in every direction, and you can feel everything...sometimes the weighted loop method can start bouncing around if you try to go too fast/swivel off center etc, which can cause everything to get fucked up if anything goes wrong.

WPMac

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
For round wire cores, my favorite way is force fusing. Run a clap 1/2 way down you wire. Snip it, making sure to leave a 1/2 inch or so to grab. Put your drill in revers and run it for a couple of seconds while holding the snipped end. This loosens up the clapton. Now, put the drill back in forward and just start another clap at the beginning. Get in started in between two of the initial claptons making sure to use a good deal of fusing tension for this run. Once you get to the end of the initial fuse, run the new one all the way to the end so it grabs the twist near the swivel. This locks it in place so it doesnt bounce back. Now all you have to do is grab the first fuse and reverse it off leaving the wire with perfectly spaced claps. I have a few empty spools I use to keep my force fuse wire, for future uses, on so it doesn't go to waist.
For ribbon cores I use finger loop. It isn't as consistently good for me as force fusing, but I find it better than any other method I've tried.

VU Sponsors