Become a Patron!

Help with starter kit...

I am new to vapeing and I really like the idea of a mech box mod. I'm jus t not sure where to find a good starter kit with all that I need to vape at a good price. I don't really care about the authentic pieces, I'm OK with a clone. Just looking for some suggestions on a good starter kit with a box mod and RDA. Thanks.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not so sure, if you're ready for a mechanical mod and a RDA, since you have mentioned you're new to vaping. Browse the forums here, to learn more about mech. Mods and RDA. Then ask about a specific device.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would have to agree with Neunerball - a mech is a bad place to start.

If you think high power is where you want to end up once you understand the risks and how to mitigate them, I'd suggest starting with a regulated box mod - there are plenty out there in the 50+ watt range available cheaply, and they can be vaped with a tank and upgraded to a rebuildable device as time goes on. The bonus is that you'll have something safe to test your early builds on before popping them on a mech.

Read up some on battery safety and get some good batteries and a charger - get the ones with the highest (reliable) continuous amp rating you can find if you're going to move them into a mech at some point.

Welcome to VU, and good luck with your search!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to our little section of the vaping world!

What kind of budget do you have in mind for everything you will need for a great start?

VU Sponsors