Become a Patron!

Help with sub ohm

Hi I've built twisted 26g wire before when I vaped back about 2yrs ago. Now I wanna get back into vaping. My current setup is an ipv3 li mod and geekvape ammit 25. I wanna explore sub ohm territory. Would it be safe for my setup if I built or bought some fused clamptons? If so what size wire should I use and how much ohms should I start off at? I also ordered a merlin mini it should arrive soon. Would it be better with a dual setup on merlin or a single coil on ammit?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What wattage do you have available? Your mod can handle down to .1ohm and be safe at any wattage it will fire...probably goes to 3ohm or more at the high end.. although most mods can put out max watts at higher ohms.. question for which wire to use depends on how many watts you have availabe and want to use. IMO claptons require a minimum of 30 or 40 watts. Unless you go small wire cores.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ok just put a 24g core with 30g wrap im getting around .5ohms. I've installed the coil onto my ammit 25 and using a ipv3 li mod. Threw some 12 monkeys mangabeys, and WOW is the flavor awesome! Right now I'm vaping it at a round 45w. I wondering can I up the wattage any higher without having my mos blow up in my face?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a regulated mod, resistance in and of itself means very little as long as your build is within the resistance range your mod can fire. Wire mass becomes more important than resistance for what wattage to run.

With 20 amp batteries, you can safely pull 70 watts per battery. 140 watts for a dual battery mod. And probably a bit more since a regulated mod is at best 90% efficient (other than high end dna mods)

Crank it up til you like the vape.

VU Sponsors