Become a Patron!

Help with TC settings please!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
something we all forget about the crown ss coils is they have Ni legs. so TC might be thrown off.
when using joules mode aka temp mode (ni ,Ti, SS if you have material menus) you want to lock resistance with a cooled coil set to the correct matieral or with the proper temp offset not one that was fired. by that i mean let it sit 30 minutes to cool down and relock the base resistance
I've been using all of my Crowns with the SS replacement coil heads for months in TC, on all of my TC mods, that support TC for SS, without any problems! The Ni legs don't even get hot, therefore they don't change their resistance, thus not throwing anything off?

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Neunerball "god guys , you won't believe why it wouldn't vape,lol I feel so stupid, it's because I wasn't pressing the button down while taking a hit. Ugh :gaah: lol.

Okay, so now it's working, I have taken the temp back down to 400F with 45 Jules.
So two things I noticed.

1. Every time I take a hit it makes my throat scratchy, and I cough. Is that normal?
2. The clouds are like nowhere near as big as they are on all videos I watched for uwell/ipv5. Almost burst a lung trying to go big :xD:

Thanks for hanging in there through my troubleshooting I really appreciate the help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Neunerball "god guys , you won't believe why it wouldn't vape,lol I feel so stupid, it's because I wasn't pressing the button down while taking a hit. Ugh :gaah: lol.

Okay, so now it's working, I have taken the temp back down to 400F with 45 Jules.
So two things I noticed.

1. Every time I take a hit it makes my throat scratchy, and I cough. Is that normal?
2. The clouds are like nowhere near as big as they are on all videos I watched for uwell/ipv5. Almost burst a lung trying to go big :xD:

Thanks for hanging in there through my troubleshooting I really appreciate the help.
As I mentioned earlier on, I can't help you with the TC aspect, but since you're using the SS coil, maybe give Power mode a try and see how that works for you.

The scratchiness could be too high nic, too much PG, or a sensitivity to PG. Maybe even to VG, though that's not usually the case, it's a possibility. Even a sensitivity to the flavorings. I'll have to scroll back and see what you using, but thinking 30/70.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To clarify your ratio... 30PG 70VG? Nic level?

Yeah its naked ejuice at 70vg/30pg of 3mg nicotine, cough is a little better then before so maybe I got a little juice in my mouth, maybe from the tank leaking last night it got inside the airflow thingy.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, I switched from TC to power mode (still using the same .25 subohm SS DUAL COIL) and we got warmer vapes with bigger clouds at 45 watts. But the juice is leaking from airholes.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also, I switched from TC to power mode (still using the same .25 subohm SS DUAL COIL) and we got warmer vapes with bigger clouds at 45 watts. But the juice is leaking from airholes.
Turn the tank upside down, take a vaper towel (paper towel) wrap it around the airflow holes, and blow through the tip. This should eject the eJuice collected in that area. If you continue having leakages through the airflow holes, check all the o-rings, including the one on the bottom of the coil head. If the rings check out OK, try the 0.5 Ohm SS coil, that came with the tank. Don't forget to prime the coil!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
When I first wake up in the morning and take a vape I can't take large hits because it irritates my throat a little but then after a little while i get used to it and it goes away.
If you are quitting smoking then remember you will be coughing up all that bad stuff that got caught in your lungs over the years.
I coughed up brown stuff for about 2 months when I made the switch and i smoked for 22 years.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first wake up in the morning and take a vape I can't take large hits because it irritates my throat a little but then after a little while i get used to it and it goes away.
If you are quitting smoking then remember you will be coughing up all that bad stuff that got caught in your lungs over the years.
I coughed up brown stuff for about 2 months when I made the switch and i smoked for 22 years.
Wow! I figured that's what was going on, my reason to switch was because I developed allergies to ash, and smoke, and I'm assuming also, the smell. They were pretty bad I smoked for 12 years, and now I was already up to a pack a day, it was disheartening to say the least. But I hope vaping is my way out I'm really enjoying it.

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Turn the tank upside down, take a vaper towel (paper towel) wrap it around the airflow holes, and blow through the tip. This should eject the eJuice collected in that area. If you continue having leakages through the airflow holes, check all the o-rings, including the one on the bottom of the coil head. If the rings check out OK, try the 0.5 Ohm SS coil, that came with the tank. Don't forget to prime the coil!
Thanks, that worked. O- rings are intact I checked but it's not leaking now :)

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Also are you closing the airflow when you fill your tank? I find it never leaks if you close it during refill. I agree that the ss .25 coils work better in power mode.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome thread of a group troubleshooting session. That was so cool to read the thread, Huck never gave up and then the vets came in and hit it out of the park! Just like it was planned,

Mahanyc

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome thread of a group troubleshooting session. That was so cool to read the thread, Huck never gave up and then the vets came in and hit it out of the park! Just like it was planned,
I agree, i have used forums in the past but I've never seen so much support, and input. These guys are pretty cool.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a wealth of knowledge here and most of the vets here if they don't know the answer they will tell you they don't know and try to get the info for you! You don't get the bs double talk and have them act like they know the answer, they'll be honest and that's worth its weight in gold! Great bunch of people here....

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors