Become a Patron!

Help with the Origen Genesis

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got an Origen clone and have been having BIG trouble trying to get it to work. I've tried to do a build many many times and only got the coils to heat up once. If you have one or know about these, I would REALLY appreciate any help/guidance because this thing is driving me crazy.

Thanks for any help.

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If its not heating, it might be your 510 positive post not connecting to your device.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the advice. I have already tried that (if I understand you correctly). I unscrewd the postive pin inside the connector so it sticks out just a little bit, but it still doesn't work. I'm going to keep troublesooting, but any added help would still be appreciated.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Update: If anyone is thinking about getting the Corigen genesis clone, don't buy it from Focal-e-cigs. While searching the net for a solution, I found a link to that "other" site and some good info. There are about 5 or 6 people who have the same problem I have. The darn thing just doesn't work, and they bought if from the same company. And if you want to return it, they go so far as to ask for a video of it not working???? Don't get it.

So... I'm not going crazy after all <grin>

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just saw your post...
been looking for the origen genesis clone...ran into dozens of posts about the focal clone by wotofo, i think...
so i ordered the real deal...
since there seems to only be one clone and it is total garbage,i ordered the original, $170 is insane, i know...
but, it is absolutely incredible, and i havent used mesh or ss cable in it yet...just a cotton and a readyxwick...
besides who wants a crappy 510 connection, a crap shoot as to whether a drip tip will fit or not, chrome coated positive knurl nut, and no hole in the positve post for your lead...
seriously put cash aside and save for the real one, you wont be dissappointed...
genny's dont get the love anymore:(

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Good for you, man. Wish I could get the real deal but I'm PO... <grin>. And yes, the clone at FC is garbage. They're giving me a hard time about returning it. It was supposed to be a 1:1 clone, but it's certainly not. As you said, no hole on the positive post and other things. Hope you have great vaping with the real deal :)

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wasnt braggin'...just reiterating the site is run by doosh-bags who carry garbage for vape gear and should be hall of shamed...
you want a norbert masterpiece...just letting you know its a good one...v4 kayfun is the same way, insanely expensive,,,but ask an owner if its worth it and to a man the answer is yes

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ellpis, I didn't think you were braggin' at all, so don't think that. And yes, they are terrible. Question:: I've been staying away from the Kayfun's because they are bottom feeders. Are they really that good? And do they produce a lot of vapor?

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i dont own a kayfun...just used them as reference to high end device reliability...
kayfuns arent known for massive vapor production, just flavor...
the new version seems to be a hit among the kayfun fanboys... if you are contemplating one visit kayfun addicts on facebook and ask about that bad boy from those guys

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks... with the Kayfun being a bottom feeder, I can see how the flavor is better. And thanks for the Facebook site. I'll go there when I have a chance. Right now, the lady and I are going out for a while (cabin fever). I appreciate all the info and help. Hope your day goes great!

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just saw your post...
been looking for the origen genesis clone...ran into dozens of posts about the focal clone by wotofo, i think...
so i ordered the real deal...
since there seems to only be one clone and it is total garbage,i ordered the original, $170 is insane, i know...
but, it is absolutely incredible, and i havent used mesh or ss cable in it yet...just a cotton and a readyxwick...
besides who wants a crappy 510 connection, a crap shoot as to whether a drip tip will fit or not, chrome coated positive knurl nut, and no hole in the positve post for your lead...
seriously put cash aside and save for the real one, you wont be dissappointed...
genny's dont get the love anymore:(
Hi Ellpsis, I'm sooo jealous! Been hoping someone else will clone it but, being a genny, it might not happen. I'm really, really tempted to go for the original. I've been so bummed out in the past by my purchase of originals that I'm terribly gunshy, as buying an original just doesn't guarantee satisfaction. If You don"t mind sharing, who did you buy from and how long to get it? Any issues on the original you don't like? Do it again? Is it the last genny you'll ever need?
The genny I keep going back too is the AGA T3, as AGA finally created something unique. No orientation issues and it virtually autowicks. It just lacks that koolness factor like a SAT22 or a Origen V2.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
IKR?
vncg5SO.png

Yyjz4Nl.png

;)

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
intaste.de
doesnt come with a driptip/mouthpiece
no problems to date, i dont use mesh/ss cable just 3mm readyxwick or cotton
im no expert with these, but its got plenty of flavor, build flexibility, and durable
theres plenty of spectacular gennys out there for quite a bit less,, lots of folks like their sat22's
dont buy it unless you are absolutely sure, alot of the drip tips wont fit this thing, thats why i got the add'l tips made for it and the dripper
its elegant and efficient, thats all i can say...

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
intaste.de
im no expert with these, but its got plenty of flavor, build flexibility, and durable
theres plenty of spectacular gennys out there for quite a bit less,, lots of folks like their sat22's
dont buy it unless you are absolutely sure, alot of the drip tips wont fit this thing, thats why i got the add'l tips made for it and the dripper
I dont even use mesh anymore....strictly Japanese Cotton. I thread the cotton through the coil and the deck before I reassemle. Reason being, you can fatten up the part of the cotton that is in the tank portion.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont even use mesh anymore....strictly Japanese Cotton. I thread the cotton through the coil and the deck before I reassemle. Reason being, you can fatten up the part of the cotton that is in the tank portion.
I haven't given up on mesh yet but it is challenging. I'm in the process of building a wire welder because I want to try NR-R-NR in my mesh builds. Right now I'm using steel rope/cotton topper in a AGA T3. Just about the easiest, no trouble build you can use in a genny. But I really don't like cotton because of its short lifespan. I prefer to do a build and forget about it.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, building it without all the hardware first makes it easier, will have to try fluffing the tank end of the cotton, sound logical for absorbsion:)

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
intaste.de
intaste.de
Not exactly a glowing recommendation. Sounds like my experience with originals. Nice but should be better for that kind of money.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, building it without all the hardware first makes it easier, will have to try fluffing the tank end of the cotton, sound logical for absorbsion:)
I always found "less is more" with cotton. It really doesn't wick juice, it absorbs, so shortening the wick end makes it more efficient. That's just my opinion and not expert advice of any kind. When I do a cotton topper on steel rope I unravel the cotton, cut a little rectangle and orientate the cotton fibers vertically when I wrap around the steel rope. The bottom of the wrap lightly contacts the wick hole. That's been working fine for me.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Or dear...do we need an intervention?
I've been informed by mail that this is in my mailbox at present.

IN'AX NANO Style 18350 Mehcanical Mod w/ RDA Hybrid Dripper

Do you think I should go outside and get it?

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL!
I just don't know, I'm pretty comfy right now and thinking of mak'in another cup of coffee.....and then there's diner. I got it from Slowtech and, ya'know, I'm just uncomfortable jumping up and chas'in after their airmail. They took about a month and it's been in San Francisco about 4 days. I'm kinda pissed off!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
LOL!
I just don't know, I'm pretty comfy right now and thinking of mak'in another cup of coffee.....and then there's diner. I got it from Slowtech and, ya'know, I'm just uncomfortable jumping up and chas'in after their airmail. They took about a month and it's been in San Francisco about 4 days. I'm kinda pissed off!
I live in St Louis and mailed my God Box to another member here. I sent it out on Nov 12.......he lives outside of Detroit.........STILL NOT THERE! It was scanned as leaving the Detroit sort centre two weeks ago.............it spent over 14 days at the sort here in St Louis!!

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I live in St Louis and mailed my God Box to another member here. I sent it out on Nov 12.......he lives outside of Detroit.........STILL NOT THERE! It was scanned as leaving the Detroit sort centre two weeks ago.............it spent over 14 days at the sort here in St Louis!!
Damn, I feel better already!
That's the worst mailing story I have ever heard. Nov 12th.......that's insane!
As far as my mail.......it's going to stay in that cold mailbox until tomorrow. I'm diggin my heals in! I got.....some pride.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not exactly a glowing recommendation. Sounds like my experience with originals. Nice but should be better for that kind of money.
i call 'em like i see 'em...
its not for everyone, its stupid spendy, has its issues, but to me its a flavor machine...
no regrets...:)
im not sure, wait, im pretty sure...a big 'ol pick-up truck just ran over yer mailbox, better go check:eek:

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i call 'em like i see 'em...
its not for everyone, its stupid spendy, has its issues, but to me its a flavor machine...
no regrets...:)
im not sure, wait, im pretty sure...a big 'ol pick-up truck just ran over yer mailbox, better go check:eek:
Thx for the info but I'm going to give it another month, to see if anyone else is planning a clone, before I buy the original.
I've seen videos and it sparked my intense interest. It appears to be, a great genny design.???????
Other than the drip tip situation, what are the specific issues that bother you.

I'm kinda surprised at myself regading the mailbox thing. I'm generally waiting impatiently for the carrier to arrive. I think fasttech aura has finally got me into a funk. It could be great, or a piece of shit, I can wait till tomorrow to be dissapointed. I've had a nice day, why spoil it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been informed by mail that this is in my mailbox at present.

IN'AX NANO Style 18350 Mehcanical Mod w/ RDA Hybrid Dripper

Do you think I should go outside and get it?
I've got one, they are tiny! I just wrap a few loops of 28 Gauge around a section of xwick, it works well as a teenie dripper.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've got one, they are tiny! I just wrap a few loops of 28 Gauge around a section of xwick, it works well as a teenie dripper.
The real one or clone from FT? Just looked at a couple of videos of Readyxwick which appears to be good stuff. I will not miss ekowool!
I'm glad you like it! I've been pretty curious about IN'AX for quite some time and had to try this little mod. $16 is ridiculously low but don't tell anyone I said that.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech clone. It works well.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech clone. It works well.
Well, I went to the mailbox!
The Nano is probably the best made piece I ever recieved from Fasttech. It's like a little jewel but small........really small.
Broke two ceramics already so that's over until I can maybe use a small drill bit to open hole. Lost and found one of my topnuts which are laughingly tiny. So I must prepare my ekowool better for my second try, my first was just too frustrating. Apparently I must use 32 GA kanthal as I had no luck with 28 GA.
Haven't yet figured out how to hold and vape it because it's so small. I know I'm repeating mysef with "small", but they've pretty much redefined that word in the vaping arena.
All in all, a lot of entertainment for $16.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've found flat kanthal seems to work well on it.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've found flat kanthal seems to work well on it.
Got it working and it got pretty hot. Just too small to be usefull but a nice example of the technology. Well made but only for the mod collection. Good deal for $16!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How the heck did you get it working???? I only got a single coil to work 2 times, but in both cases, they didn't last. I would really appreciate you telling me what you did.

thanks

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How the heck did you get it working???? I only got a single coil to work 2 times, but in both cases, they didn't last. I would really appreciate you telling me what you did.

thanks
I had no luck with the ceramic pieces as the hole size wouldn't allow it to slip on to the post. Kinda doubt if they would work good anyway as I believe ekowool or xwick would hold more juice. I used a piece of ekowool after torching well and cut to size. My build was alot of trouble as everything kept spinning on me as I wrapped the kanthal. Finally got it working but soon gave up on it as it's just too damn small. It's just no fun to use whatsoever. For $16, I'm really not sorry I purchased it as it probably saved me from a more expensive purchase with this kind of design. Interesting concept that is now out of my mind.
Good luck with your build!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Rick, I don't think I'm going to dig it out of my stash because of what you said... it's just not worth it. But I do thank you for letting me know what you did.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I adore my genies. Only reason I keep my two tube mechs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Rick, I don't think I'm going to dig it out of my stash because of what you said... it's just not worth it. But I do thank you for letting me know what you did.
Your quite welcome, however, I believe your under some sort of obligation to get it working with a decent build......and then you can retire it to the display case.I mean are you a vapor or you not?
As soon as my xwick comes in I'll give it another try.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I adore my genies. Only reason I keep my two tube mechs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All my tube mechs are in the box, goodbye.....right now, it's an RSST on a Variant.
Gennys rule!

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It is very rare that I wind up with my coil facing the side of a box mod that would be pointing downward....thus leading to awkward vaping grips.
For the record....BACK IN THE DAY....I would scoff with great derision at anyone not using mesh in a genny. These days I am quite happy using Japanese Cotton and going the auto-drip route.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your quite welcome, however, I believe your under some sort of obligation to get it working with a decent build......and then you can retire it to the display case.I mean are you a vapor or you not?
As soon as my xwick comes in I'll give it another try.

(laughing)... I guess I will try it again tonight. I'm bored anyway. Plus I can still vape while I work on it. That will keep the frustration down some.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first and only genny is an RSST. I could never get it to work very well with mesh, cotton, or cellu-cotton. The few times it worked well it was amazing, but that never seemed to last long.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My first and only genny is an RSST. I could never get it to work very well with mesh, cotton, or cellu-cotton. The few times it worked well it was amazing, but that never seemed to last long.
:(

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rick, I have nothing on the deck except one negative screw and a coil going to the postive post and (as always), it still doesn't work. It's about as basic as you can get. Never had a problem with any genesis except this one. What am I missing here?

to be clear, this is about the Origen genesis...

Last edited:

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is very rare that I wind up with my coil facing the side of a box mod that would be pointing downward....thus leading to awkward vaping grips.
For the record....BACK IN THE DAY....I would scoff with great derision at anyone not using mesh in a genny. These days I am quite happy using Japanese Cotton and going the auto-drip route.
Rick, I have nothing on the deck except one negative screw and a coil going to the postive post and (as always), it still doesn't work. It's about as basic as you can get. Never had a problem with any genesis except this one. What am I missing here?

to be clear, this is about the Origen genesis...
Sorry Jumper, my thoughts were about the IN'AX hybrid genny. My fault, this is a thread about the Origen. Sounds like you have the ORIGEN V2 clone, which by all reports I've seen, is a piece of crap. From your description it sounds like the insulator on the positive side is failing very fast. Most folks don't even get it to work at all but you said you had it working once. If you want to experiment, you could remove the center post and see if that's the issue. Maybe a replacement insulator could be recovered from an atty you no longer use. I wouldn't waste too much time on it because then you still have the chromed brass center post which everybody detests. Personally, I hope someone else clones it as I really don't want to spend $170 on an atty. Let us know what happens.
"Gennys rule.........except the FT clone of the ORIGEN V2"

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The RSST is the easiest genny to use because the tank botton and wick holes are insulated plus the neat spring affair to capture the wire. Here's a foolproof build guaranteed to work. Steel rope with ekowool top. No shorting of the legs will occur. You can use a small mesh wick if you don't have steel rope cut to size. It's a little more tricky because it's difficult trying to slip delicate ekowool over the mesh. Torch the ekowool well after opening it up with a small screwdriver. That should make it easier!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry Jumper, my thoughts were about the IN'AX hybrid genny. My fault, this is a thread about the Origen. Sounds like you have the ORIGEN V2 clone, which by all reports I've seen, is a piece of crap. From your description it sounds like the insulator on the positive side is failing very fast. Most folks don't even get it to work at all but you said you had it working once. If you want to experiment, you could remove the center post and see if that's the issue. Maybe a replacement insulator could be recovered from an atty you no longer use. I wouldn't waste too much time on it because then you still have the chromed brass center post which everybody detests. Personally, I hope someone else clones it as I really don't want to spend $170 on an atty. Let us know what happens.
"Gennys rule.........except the FT clone of the ORIGEN V2"

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your right about one thing, it IS a piece of crap. It's the only rebuildable I have that won't work. I tried to make the positive post stick out more on the atty, but it still won't work. I've also tried it with 3 other mechs. I'll check out the insulator and see if that's the issue. I'll let you know what happens. Also, I got this one from FC. I'm going to steer clear from that company from now on.

sorry about the messed up post above.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your right about one thing, it IS a piece of crap. It's the only rebuildable I have that won't work. I tried to make the positive post stick out more on the atty, but it still won't work. I've also tried it with 3 other mechs. I'll check out the insulator and see if that's the issue. I'll let you know what happens. Also, I got this one from FC. I'm going to steer clear from that company from now on.

sorry about the messed up post above.
I heard the coating is a factor on the negative side. For the money spent it's probably not worth pursuing further. I just saw on YouTube, an Italian review of the TOBECO ORIGEN V2 GENESIS. The Tobeco has the brass center post with a hole for your wire. He had it all broken down and rebuilt it piece by piece. I didn't see anything that I disliked. It looks like a winner!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know, I was thinking it had to do with the deck. It didn't seem to be metal. More like some plastic. I'll try to find the "TOBECO" version. With your input, it sounds like a good way to go.

thanks

VU Sponsors