Become a Patron!

Help with the Origen Genesis

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You know, I was thinking it had to do with the deck. It didn't seem to be metal. More like some plastic. I'll try to find the "TOBECO" version. With your input, it sounds like a good way to go.

thanks
Glad to help in any way and some valuable information can be had on Fasttech's site by reading all the "discussions" that are printed on any particular atty or mod in which your interested. They discuss all the manufacturing issues outstanding and also get some feedback from FT.
Now.......onto the hunt for the Tobeco Origen V2 clone, who's going to carry it first, when can I get it......the fun starts again.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i call 'em like i see 'em...
its not for everyone, its stupid spendy, has its issues, but to me its a flavor machine...
no regrets...:)
im not sure, wait, im pretty sure...a big 'ol pick-up truck just ran over yer mailbox, better go check:eek:
The engineering on this piece is nothing short of Art, yes with a capital A. I love gennies and this makes a Kraken look as if it was designed by a child, and I love the Kraken. I have used it everyday since I got it two months ago. Has had 2 builds on it, currently SS mesh (dual) running at .9 ohms. The only thing I would like to see changed is the availability of a SS tank. I could buy three of these a year and it would still be cheaper than when I smoked, so no love lost. A 1:1 clone would cost at least $50-75 for it to come close to the authentic.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, I pulled the trigger on the Tobeco clone for $20 and no big loss if it doesn't work out. I guess the reviewer I referred to is French not Italian. He was a bit clumsy with his build but the Tobecco clone still came off looking well made. The whole package is very complete and I cannot imagine how this can be done for such a low price and still make a profit. A real mystery!

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tobeco Origen V2 Genesis clone is built to a very nice standard. In fact, I don't see anything I would change or try to improve. Topcap removes easily and is a push fit and will fit flush with a slight twist of topcap assembly. Came in the smallest box posible with all the xtras jammed in haphazardly but a complete package nevertheless and no oil residue.
Using a coil rig for the first time, I managed a 1.05 ohm coil quite easily, mounted it and inserted a piece of cotton so it just intrudes slightly into the tank. The vape is so good that it will be awhile before I try mesh or steel rope. I tend to be not very demanding when I vape, a flavor junky type of vapor, if it's working and the flavor is good, I'll stay with that setup for weeks.
Same height as the SAT22 but with air control, cooling fins and more flexibility than I've ever encountered. In fact, other gennies come off way, way behind this masterpiece. For genny people, this or the original is a must buy! If you ever wanted to try a genny then this should be the one and I just know you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Wicking achieved with just normal tilt during vape. I'm presently using 100% VG and have no wicking issues at about 18.5 watts. Started getting dry hits around 25 watts. Gets warm but not hot which is very surprising. I actually tried to get it hot and found it hard to do. I think it must be the pronounced cooling fins. Air control ring has multiple settings and using it is the only time the atty gets messy. Once you find the air setting you like the atty stays nicely dry.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
a link to this tobeco genesis clone would be awesome

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nice...they even have the v4 kayfun and kanger subtank occ coil packs...
this may be one of those "under the radar" sites...

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree, my first exp. with them was excellent. They even had Aspire BVC coils for my BB clone which many vendors don't seem to carry.
I have to mention the little Tobeco coiling jig I purchased. A $10 item that totally satisfies! Also intend on ordering some juices because the prices look quite good.

rickmtnview

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been using the Tobeco Origen genesis atty since the 11th. The Tobeco Origen is really an impressive atty and I've only just begun to explore all its building options. My first build was as an auto dripper, single coil with cotton. Switched to mesh mostly because I don't like the short life of cotton and mesh has always been that challenge I couldn't quite master. In the past, my successful mesh wicks have been more accidental than skill.
When making my second build with a mesh wick I came across a couple of tricks I think worthwhile mentioning. Most important is, when inserting the wick into your coil, you want the coil to have a slight drag on inserting the coil. It shouldn't drop in and definitely not have to be screwed into the coil. On doing this my coil has been lighting up properly with just adjusting space between coils needed so they light up evenly. I now realize that this appears to have been my biggest mistake in the past on getting a good mesh wick, way too tight.
The top of the coil got a little ratty looking so I flipped it and the the damn thing worked right away. Big fu***** surpise, as that has never happened before. The second thing I came across is to cut the bottom of the mesh on an angle before rolling. This negates flipping the coil but makes more layers exposed to the juice. Just experimenting now with the cut to improve wicking but it looks promising. Right now I'm at 20 watts on 0.88 ohm coil. Nice vape with decent vapor production.

Attachments

• 20150119_224734.jpg
    20150119_224734.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 14

VU Sponsors