Become a Patron!

Help with this rta

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't know what I'm not doing right but I just can't get any good flavor out of this
be4faa995d8373f94cb0c54bf26862aa.jpg
6897b9953393d0bc693e65b81a9e8c33.jpg
e598f001d0007789cadbb5ac830bb54d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Full washed 6 coil builds form simple claptons , Alien wire, parallel, tank track and now the one in here.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm about ready to say f.... this mod and rta I get better flavor out of my rda and mechanicals

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was getting muted flavor with the way rip trippers advised. I have been using cotton bacon fitted snug but loose(if that makes since). Don't let the tails get too thick or it will mute flavor. I tend to wick it that way and if I'm not getting good enough flavor I pull the build out and slightly thin the tails til it's just right. Hope this helps

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was getting muted flavor with the way rip trippers advised. I have been using cotton bacon fitted snug but loose(if that makes since). Don't let the tails get too thick or it will mute flavor. I tend to wick it that way and if I'm not getting good enough flavor I pull the build out and slightly thin the tails til it's just right. Hope this helps

2e5f435eab5b9d30f2ef0bb6719c72c3.jpg

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Not really don't know if it's because I'm a big time RDA user and it's just tank/dripping thing

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not really don't know if it's because I'm a big time RDA user and it's just tank/dripping thing

Did you check the thread on ECF? No it shouldn't be because you're an RDA user. Did you keep your wick fluffy but make sure it's wick channel is filled. Have you gone through a tank yet? I found the flavor improved after a tank, I don't know why but it did unlike other rta's.

zaptear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ya will be checking out EcF soon getting ready to do a batch of DIY soon as I can get the kids down and I will strip the tank and start over agen and see what I come up with

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I copied this from ECF from @Eskie
So after some more playing around, lowered the coil just bit more than I'm used to getting closer to the air holes, and nicely wicking cotton, and the flavor on this is really coming out better. About 2/3 open on the bottom air, closed on the top. I'm glad I didn't make a snap decision on it, it's better than I thought at the start. If the vape isn't right on, play with the coil height, which seems to matter, and the airflow. Once dialed in, even this single deck is performing nicely. I take back anything mean I said about it (although it does look flat out stupid with a 510 DT on, see below)

Hope this helps :)

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Awesome! Glad you got it worked out. I've been using a triple 26g core alien with 36g on the outer and it's a very flavorful vape at 65w. I do want to put it out there that the part of the base that the deck screws into IS press fitted. I just got my gold pharaoh a few days ago. My original black pharaoh came apart when I was outside and the airflow pins fell into the grass in the yard. Never found the pins and digiflavor won't sell replacements. I ended up with a lot of spare parts unfortunately. :slowclap:

VU Sponsors