Become a Patron!

Help with Vape Tricks

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ran a search of the forum to see if there was a topic for tutorials, or advice for vaping tricks and couldn’t find one, so, I thought I’d put one up...if there is a thread dedicated to this topic, I apologize and can you point me towards that thread?
I’m trying to figure out the basics like blowing O’s and the Tornado and seeing if anyone else was trying and has had some positive results and would be nice enough to offer any advice or encouragement...I can get maybe 1 or 2 rings out of a full hit, but they are surrounded and absorbed into the excess vape that comes out when I do it.
Feel free to ask any questions of your own on this thread about any tricks or if you have hints/tips/tricks please feel free to drop by and answer a few questions.
I just feel that I can build coils good enough for me and picked up a few nuggets of wisdom about DIY Juice Making and was looking to try something new to learn about, so, I found myself checking out trick videos on YouTube.
Oh, and I really hope this goes without saying that there are no reasons to flame or troll posts here...if someone has something that works for them, but you think otherwise, there’s no reason to start flaming...just offer your advice that could help as well (I’m sure there are multiple techniques to any and all tricks).
And if this thread goes the way of the Dodo very quickly I can at least say that I tried, lol. Thanks in advance to anyone who has pointers and don’t be afraid to ask questions...Happy Vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just realized it might behoove me to share the setup I’m using. I got a Zion RDA for free when I ordered my Armageddon Squonk Box and it’s my first RDA dedicated to single coil builds, so, I went with a basic parallel build (2 strands of 22ga N80 wrapped around a 3mm screwdriver 6 or 7 times as it seems to be the fastest ramp up time build I could think of), and I have it on my Broadside Mech
cb6ff7c21b0b39deeaf7141752c552b4.jpg

7053adef9cbeb41bdaa713131b8c7c4b.jpg

I’m just very inconsistent from one hit to the next when I try blowing O’s and something that works with one hit, I can’t seem to duplicate and it’s frustrating.
I’m using a 100% VG 0 nic juice with a little bit of FA-Custard Premium just for the sake of having something that has some taste (same reason I hate drinking plain ole water) and so that I can practice without making myself sick from too much nic at one sitting.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
See @tristonvapes he is the resident trickster. Has several tutorials.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used to be able to blow some nice o's but I think I've lost my touch. I can still get some decent ones but I really think dual coils is needed for thick vapor suitable for tricks.

As for the tornado, I'm assuming you're talking about when you have a thick layer of vapor on a table and you flick your wrist up to make the vapor shoot up in spirals. I've tried a few times but I can't control my exhale enough to keep it together. Plus the wife would have my ass if I clouded up the house trying vape tricks.

What I do know though, is when it comes to tricks, the goal is very low resistance with high airflow. Other than that, practice practice practice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm still learning and I bet I might never learn it well. Everyone keeps tell me cough and shape of mouth for Os. That's it.

I have only done one O that was good and that was because I choked on smoke, then I just started coughing. Then I popped one out which slowly started moving. I was going to take a pic but I was still in shock.

Tornado is easy. Just slowly release the smoke on to a table with your mouth very very close to the table. Then just scoop it up.

I been tryin to do the a proper dragon and ghost. Not going well lol.

Also juice plays a part as well. Higher vg performs better.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still learning and I bet I might never learn it well. Everyone keeps tell me cough and shape of mouth for Os. That's it.

I have only done one O that was good and that was because I choked on smoke, then I just started coughing. Then I popped one out which slowly started moving. I was going to take a pic but I was still in shock.

Tornado is easy. Just slowly release the smoke on to a table with your mouth very very close to the table. Then just scoop it up.

I been tryin to do the a proper dragon and ghost. Not going well lol.

I’ve been seeing the same videos that day O’s come from the coughing technique and don’t push out your tongue or change mouth shape, but I did run across to others that said they cough but also push the O out a bit with their tongue and sometimes flare their lips a bit when pushing out.
My problem is getting just the O to come out instead of a big cloud with what resembles a ring or two, but you can’t tell because of all the excess vape I release when I cough out the O...even decent O’s get absorbed into the accompanying extra vape that I blow out.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude serious search triston vapes. He is a master. His tutorials are awesome. He is outstanding. Seriously check him out.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can still get some decent ones but I really think dual coils is needed for thick vapor suitable for tricks.

What I do know though, is when it comes to tricks, the goal is very low resistance with high airflow. Other than that, practice practice practice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I’m using a different setup now, but I can only get 2-3 good rips without having to drip more...I’m using my Able Mod with an original Goon.
12c66a27b5bc0f30e0bec681141e4bb6.jpg

Running 2 parallel coils made with 22ga Nichrome 80 with 7 wraps around a 2.4mm Precision Screwdriver, ohming out around .07 wide open.
48fa7e2558a67e62811af5ecce862363.jpg

Yeah, I’m running 100% VG with no PG and just a little bit of Premium Custard for at least a little favor when I practice.

Edit: I still play around with tricks when I’m using my regular setup (Armageddon Squonker with a Drop RDA 3/4 open), but it’s not as many rips due to the nic being around 10mg and the Alien Coils take longer to heat up.
1bdef19218ef083a054e0c585513e217.jpg
4ffd8f70732d3b2582ccd7c9a88ae70e.jpg
f9b5f62aa0ce571685ccc2a1b2b781dd.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors