Become a Patron!

Help!

i recently bought a stingray clone with a APO RDA. For the first day it vaped beautifully. Today I changed the coils and when I go to fire it the coils only get slightly warm. Not even hot. I don't know what the problem is. Battery? Rda? Someone please help!

tnumbers

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The most common thing ive found that causes this is the screws in the rda arent tightened down all the way.

Everything's tight. I actually just figured out that my battery is only at like 1.3 volts. So my charger is broken. Won't be able to get a new one for a while :( anyone know how to charge an 18650 without a charger?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything's tight. I actually just figured out that my battery is only at like 1.3 volts. So my charger is broken. Won't be able to get a new one for a while :( anyone know how to charge an 18650 without a charger?
Ur using a LOW BATTERY?? Why did you take it off the charger if it wasn't full charge?

I charged it this morning and it was fine. It was until I droped my charger and it broke. I just realized that the charger must think it's fully charged and won't charge it. So I need a new charger

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Please, please don't try to get creative with charging your batteries!

Invest in a really good charger, one that will last for Years.

And treat the battery in question with suspician. Some chargers like the Xtar VPI can safely charge a battery that is down that low.

But you may have ended up with some safety issues.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Li-ion batteries are dangerous when mishandled. 1.3 volts is below the threshold for any li-ion I've heard of. Only charge a li-ion with a charger designed for them. Over discharging a li-ion is mishandling it. I highly recommend that you immediately get a new charger and retire that battery. If you can't afford that at the moment then go back to the setup you were using before until you can.

VU Sponsors