Become a Patron!

Help!

emt_horton88

Member For 2 Years
So, going through old boxes and stuff here and found this Corsair Mech mod like the copper one in the picture. Girl friend said she bought it years ago, obviously because I had never heard of it and it took us forever to find what it actually was called. Lol. Anyways, I know nothing about mech mods or builds and do not plan on using it or building on it until I have more information, hopefully that’s where you guys come in. When it was sold to her they sold it with Some kind of aspire tank on it and when I took it apart the coil was a .5 coil.

I guess my question is, if I go to build on this what build or what ohm should I be looking at to safely use it. I do not build my own coils and usually buy the pre-made coil packs. The mod uses a single 18650 battery. Any information or resources would be useful. Thanks guys!

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, going through old boxes and stuff here and found this Corsair Mech mod like the copper one in the picture. Girl friend said she bought it years ago, obviously because I had never heard of it and it took us forever to find what it actually was called. Lol. Anyways, I know nothing about mech mods or builds and do not plan on using it or building on it until I have more information, hopefully that’s where you guys come in. When it was sold to her they sold it with Some kind of aspire tank on it and when I took it apart the coil was a .5 coil.

I guess my question is, if I go to build on this what build or what ohm should I be looking at to safely use it. I do not build my own coils and usually buy the pre-made coil packs. The mod uses a single 18650 battery. Any information or resources would be useful. Thanks guys!
Any coil, or coils that settle at 0.15 ohm or higher. It's a mech mod.....BATTERY SAFETY use ohms law!!!!!!! Stick with .15 or higher.

Sent from Amchitka

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On the note of battery safety make sure you using at least GOOD 20a batteries or better from a RELIABLE source.

Personally I try to stick with Samsung 25rs or Sony vtc4 or vtc5a

Make sure your wraps are in good shape.

Check your build on a regulated decicd or ohm meter.

You are the safety device for a mech.

Learn a good working knowledge of ohms law and build within your batteries limits.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Some kind of aspire tank on it and when I took it apart the coil was a .5 coil.

If you use the old Aspire tank:

Watch out and make sure the Aspire attie has a protruding 510 pin before using it on a mech - some of those older atties don't and will put the battery into a hard short on contact :bomb:

VU Sponsors