Become a Patron!

helping a newbie out

khainguyen745

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The requirement of my coil recommends 0.15 ohm but when I connect it with my mod, the screen shows the resistance is 0.20. does it still work fine?.Please help me out

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil resistance can vary and 0.05 difference is not a lot.
In addition there is also the possibility that the head or the tank are not connected tightly so lead to a bad connection, that connections are dirty or that your mod ohm meter is not accurate.

As long as the resistance is constant and doesn't jump around it should be fine to use the head since the resistance written on the head is a specification not a requirement.

Last edited:

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The requirement of my coil recommends 0.15 ohm but when I connect it with my mod, the screen shows the resistance is 0.20. does it still work fine?.Please help me out

I hope you have a VERY good battery for a 0.15Ω coil. At 50w, it is VERY close to the 20amp high end of the CDR for most good batteries. I wouldn't trust anything less than a LG HB6 if you plan to push it much higher than that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A seasoned vaper might suggest you try coil builds that read out at around 0.50 ohm to 0.80 ohm. This range is quite apt enough to allow a vaper pleasant enough a sub ohm-ing experience while remaining within a good common sense safe range for most batteries. Please understand, if a seasoned vaper does suggest this, they are not telling you what to do or being maliciously negative of you. No, the seasoned vaper would be only suggesting this in order to help ensure your personal safety & helping to protect the perceptions of vaping and vapers to the general public. Whatever you choose doing, please be safe and have a good one. :)

Yagisher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I highly recomment VTC5 for sub-ohm. 2 days ago I built 8 coil build to my So Horney. My Wismex RX2/3 was reading .10 ohms. I think when I fired at 200w it was pulling 48amps :) Had no problems thanks to VTC5. Also When you use a coil because of the heat ohm can change in small amounts. It wont effect anything.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I highly recomment VTC5 for sub-ohm. 2 days ago I built 8 coil build to my So Horney. My Wismex RX2/3 was reading .10 ohms. I think when I fired at 200w it was pulling 48amps :) Had no problems thanks to VTC5. Also When you use a coil because of the heat ohm can change in small amounts. It wont effect anything.
ohms law doesn't apply to regulated mods not in the same sense as it does to mech mods. VCT batts will not handle 48 amps. no battery will. the best are LG HB2/4/6 at 30 amps.

Yagisher

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ohms law doesn't apply to regulated mods not in the same sense as it does to mech mods. VCT batts will not handle 48 amps. no battery will. the best are LG HB2/4/6 at 30 amps.
I am not talking about a single vtc5

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am not talking about a single vtc5
would matter. again for a regulated mod it's calculated differently. a VCT5 is a 20 amp battery. When used in series you have a 20 amp limit, when used in parallel you have a 30 amp limit. nowhere near 48 amps. The only way you cold get close to 48 amps being safe is parallel LG HB2/4/6 batts which would put you at about 45 amps. either way again irrelevant because regulated mods don't work that way. the RX2/3 has a 50 amp limit in both 2 and 3 battery mode but i wouldn't use it anywhere near that. the wiring inside is barely good enough for 25 amps let along 50. They use 18 or 16 gauge (can't remember which when it should be 12 gauge or at worst 14 but really 12

VU Sponsors