Become a Patron!

Helping Smokers that want to Cross Over - How do you feel?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I got a hit on some HP ink I was selling for a steal in my immediate neighborhood NEXDOOR.com community. I happened to mention if she knew of anyone vaping, new clothes I had for sale, etc.

She came back to me saying that both her and her husband both smoke. She wanted to do the patch, but her husband wanted to try vaping. My heart exploded. She comes to pick up the ink tomorrow, but replied that she'd like to discuss vaping, look at my clothing, shoes, etc. I'm elated!

How do you feel when you meet someone that wants to quit? What's your story?

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I keep stuff in my PIF bag - for a hardcase, I tend to give stuff away (not batteries, usually) - and for the others, well likely about $20-40 for their choice of atty and mod, (depends on how much I used it).

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Another member mentioned that carrying beginner kits was a smart way to go. And, I always stash $100 in my wallet for emergencies.
Well, if they don't start out with the carto system my hubby bought me, which I strongly encourage due to the resistance, I have 2 Egos I can give them and have them got to a nearby vape store. I have only sub-ohm. Oh wait! I have a few Nautilus X's. Will need to match tomorrow.

It's a beautiful feeling. I've always been one to give. Even my own jewelry if someone likes it. It just feels right to me.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, I've been getting the $1 MyBlue kits ($5 with shipping). I put 2 in the bottom of my purse just around the 4th.

I'm happy to report that I met a middle aged couple that wanted to quit smoking. They caught up with me while coming out of a doctor's appointment Thursday and tapped me on the shoulder. They asked how I liked it.

I began with the stinky smell and chemicals, etc. They were concerned because the wife was having the usual hacking and all the joys of smoking combustibles. I gave them both boxes explaining not to expect to quit right away, but use it in certain circumstances and that she can vape in the house. Also that she very well may realize how much less she gets up to go outside. I also advised them that Walgreen's had these kits and others. I gave them VUs info, too. They were both very grateful and it looked like the husband was quite interested. He asked a lot of questions.

Man, it really feels good to help people. That made my day.

Time to restock my purse!

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Im always on the lookout for people to convert. Im like a Jehovah Witness in this regard. If I think I can convert someone and know I am going to be around them, I will build a kit I think they like and use it around them, and then gift it to them if they bite. I have converted 6 friends like this to vaping from smoking.

The only downside is every time they come over they want to dip into the stash.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Im always on the lookout for people to convert. Im like a Jehovah Witness in this regard. If I think I can convert someone and know I am going to be around them, I will build a kit I think they like and use it around them, and then gift it to them if they bite. I have converted 6 friends like this to vaping from smoking.

The only downside is every time they come over they want to dip into the stash.

I try not to get too technical with a stranger. But friends and particularly with my sister, jeezzz! Everyone knows I have enough stuff to open a store, but she literally goes through my shelves shopping. Then when I tell her the "family" price, she has a hard time pulling even $20 out of her wallet. I think $20 is all she carries but she is Very well off.

So, yeah. I feel your pain. lol

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I will discuss it with strangers who are interested, if they don't have cold sores or anything like that I might dial down the airflow and let them hit it. Conversations sometimes get started when they smell the sweet deliciousness of the juice, others from the clouds and sometimes just from the device itself.

If I know them, I will usually try and have a flavor in the tank I am certain they may like and always a regulated mod (I always try and start them on tanks with stock coils a vape shop nearby carries, that I will call and verify stock/supply). I have done this with at least 10 people. The 6 that it stuck with was worth the cost of the mod/batteries and tank. 2 of them are now building their own coils, the other four are still using the same setup they were given. Only 1 has gone off the deep end like I have.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I had a couple of SmokStick V8's laying around never getting used.
The wife of a friend wanted to quit smoking and she wanted to try vaping.
I set her up with the 2 Sticks, 2 BBB tanks, a shitload of M2 coils and a 120ml bottle of Junkyard Scotch.
A couple weeks later I saw her daughter and asked how her moms vaping was coming along.
She said she is still smoking and that she sold the vape shit I gave her to someone else.
What a BITCH!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I had a couple of SmokStick V8's laying around never getting used.
The wife of a friend wanted to quit smoking and she wanted to try vaping.
I set her up with the 2 Sticks, 2 BBB tanks, a shitload of M2 coils and a 120ml bottle of Junkyard Scotch.
A couple weeks later I saw her daughter and asked how her moms vaping was coming along.
She said she is still smoking and that she sold the vape shit I gave her to someone else.
What a BITCH!

Thats screwed up.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
How do you feel when you meet someone that wants to quit? What's your story?
I get excited at being able to help them possibly stop smoking.
My usual shpiel for someone that's really interested in vaping to stop smoking is my own detailed lengthy efforts to stop smoking and how vaping was the only thing that worked. Then recommend a replaceable coil MTL with adjustable air flow and wattage control along with juice and the rest of the need to knows. The discussion extends to all the benifits of vaping over smoking. Health, cost, and everything else we already know. I don't have any giveaways for newbies but I will steer them to what, where and why. Sometimes give them my cell # for help, questions, support. In the last couple years I know of 3 that have converted to vaping.

Droogbc

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I converted a couple of people years ago when the og joytech 510-t and ego-t were the best tech available. Unfortunately it left such a literal bad taste in their mouths they'll now smoke until they die, and are currently vape haters who refuse to ever consider giving it another try. Oh well, we're not really friends anymore anyway.

I held off for years on trying to actively convert anyone else because the non-rebuildable stuff was largly garbage, and the learning curve for the good stuff was just too high for most people to absorb. (unless they really desired to learn, which most people seemingly don't.)

Now that salt nic is a thing and the cheap refillable pod style systems have started to become reliable and accessable, I've been toying with the idea of gifting them to the few remaining smokers who I know and care about. Easy and safe enough to teach them to use, give them a starter kit with juice and extra coils, a map to a good local shop for supplies, and hope for the best.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Other than the pod systems I high recommend the Smok SubVod Kit. It's thicker than a standard Ego. More battery life, very easy to operate, has a fire button, uses the very versatile Kanger OCC coils at .50 (included and a 1.2). Adjustable airflow and dt the same size as a regular cig. Tank is very easy to clean. It's a no-brainer.

I mention it because you don't have to explain to them each tank and mod, etc. The SubVod goes up to 4.2 volts and adjustable. I stayed at 3.7 I think. Look it up. It's the easiest and simpler way to go for a new vaper.

That saved me. It was just like a cig to me with a button. I had been on a disposable carto system from FIN first for many months. I stocked up on the menthol. My friend took me to her vape shop and I got the SubVod and the Kanger SubBox Nano kit with a very small box mod next. And, I could use my Kanger coils for it. I started DL with the SubVod and didn't look back. I found the Nano box mod kit a big step.

kanger_subvod_toptank_nano-s_starter_kit_all_colors__2.jpg

VU Sponsors