Become a Patron!

Here we go again. Drip box exploded

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic...ipbox_caught_on_fire/?st=j476ftes&sh=8a4f83b6

McFxlyJl.jpg

YwQL2GLl.jpg

This is an interesting one. There isn't much good information in the thread as to what happened

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ignorant guess- " I just stuck a pair of SS316L Aliens in it, I thought it would be ok, my battery says 40amps"

In truth though, hope the guy is ok, hope nobody got hurt. And hopefully it is a learning experience to know what not to do with the dripbox.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ignorant guess- " I just stuck a pair of SS316L Aliens in it, I thought it would be ok, my battery says 40amps"

In truth though, hope the guy is ok, hope nobody got hurt. And hopefully it is a learning experience to know what not to do with the dripbox.
it's a regulated drip box though. I can't tell if OP was using LG HG2 or the hohmtech batts. Info is very sparse and lots of contradicting statements.

Also there was a dude who was using a zenith yesterday with samsung 25r batts who said it vented on him and his hands are burnt. Something is really odd about all this

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regulated mods can only go so far in the protection stance. Usually from my digging I have noticed that they sometimes have amp limits of 25amp as a cutoff point, but if someone is running brownies in a mod designed in series. Even with the protections on the mod, wouldn't that set off a vent but still stay under the 25 amp limit so the protection would never activate?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Regulated mods can only go so far in the protection stance. Usually from my digging I have noticed that they sometimes have amp limits of 25amp as a cutoff point, but if someone is running brownies in a mod designed in series. Even with the protections on the mod, wouldn't that set off a vent but still stay under the 25 amp limit so the protection would never activate?
not really. I'm pretty sure this is a single battery mod he was running. and it's only 60 watts so well within the limit of any good 20 amp battery. even a safe estimate is 65 watts per 20 amp battery and that's with a lot of head room. and he wasn't vaping it supposedly so I can't see heat playing an issue.

My best guess and mind you this is speculation only, is he got juice on the chip either by misuse or by the quality of the device and it started autofiring and kept firing until it overheated the battery causing it to vent. Another reason why turning a device off or locking it is best when not in use.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whats the cable on floor was This being usb charged ,? Only yihi sx chip and dna are considered safe and even then its recommend to externally charge thoese cells too

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Whats the cable on floor was This being usb charged ,? Only yihi sx chip and dna are considered safe and even then its recommend to externally charge thoese cells too

From what i can gather, and mind you the info is sparse and tough to sift through. it wasn't charging. it was in a side pocked of his backpack the cable could be from his laptop which was also damaged in the explosion

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The kanger drip box are reported of auto firing so ive read several times ,

GBusafvet95

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn. I've been considering one for awhile now. Maybe I'll hold off.

I know things can happen with anything, but when you see it, it makes you think twice.

Hope everyone is well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puff

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went and read the whole thing and your right its hard to understand His laptop must of been in the back pack to, sad that he got burned like he did.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors