Become a Patron!

Here we go...

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know if I am posting in the right area. I have never mixed before but it sounds like it could be fun. Is there somewhere I could get like a step by step like a supply list and what not of what I would need to get myself started...it has to be easy to understand considering the fact that I'm a complete dumb ass when it comes to learning new things lol

adk1989

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am scrwein this topic thing up

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You are doing fine, you were smart enough to ask! Read everything you can, especially the above links. Read through the recipes thread, read the general thread and the tips & tricks. Ask the questions that you can't find answers to. We all started where you are now, and most folks here are happy to help.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's just a bit of a challenge to go through all the threads, and some of us just know we've seen what you're looking for and might have tagged it for easy reference and in case someone asks. You won't learn unless you ask, so ask away! :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tip: Be aware of what brand flavorings are used in a recipe. Flavors can vary quite a bit from on brand to another. Think twice about using a recipe that does not state the brands used until you get familiar with the flavorings you use and get a feeling for how strong they are so you can make adjustments based on taste/preference.

This is a great way to save some money, but it is a bit expensive to get started. I started out using serological pipettes and found them really accurate, but a bit unweildy and requiring patience, especially for VG so I just started using blunt tipped dispensing needles. I got 15 gauge needles and they work great, but I want to move to 12 for VG because it is still to thick for the 15's.

Here are links to the needles I'm using:

1ml
3ml
5ml
10ml
12 Gauge dispensing needles for VG

I also use flasks instead of beakers. You can swirl them without spilling and don't need to stir.

And amber glass bottles for steeping and storage.

VU Sponsors