Become a Patron!

Here's one way to wean Kentuckians off cigarettes

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, Brad Rodu is one of the sensible anti-tobacco folks; like Siegel and Godshall, he clearly sees the difference in risk between smoking and vaping, and supports vaping 100% as harm reduction. I try to read anything of his that I see posted around, and link it to all my social media accts.

https://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/
(his blog)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Around me I keep hearing from people that they are just as bad as cigarettes. And such. Vapers are rare in rural KY.

My usual return is why do you listen to studies funded by tobacco company's? And according to all real studies by medical professionals vaping is over 90% safer than smoking. And that i have been nearly 3 years smoke free after 40 years of smoking. And I feel much better.
Too complicated for them it seems.

Last edited:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My mother and her family come from the Hazard & Vicco area in KY. Great bunch of people but stubborn and set their ways.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I was pretty young, maybe 12y, last time I was in KY. Was like a different world visiting there. I was born and raised in northern Illinois. I remember Ma & Pa Johnson brought their favorite hog inside one winter we were there, and it wasn't to cook him. To me it seemed like they lived on the side of a mountain.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was pretty young, maybe 12y, last time I was in KY. Was like a different world visiting there. I was born and raised in northern Illinois. I remember Ma & Pa Johnson brought their favorite hog inside one winter we were there, and it wasn't to cook him. To me it seemed like they lived on the side of a mountain.
Up there you either live beside a creek/river or on the side of a mountain.
Very little bottom/flat land.
All kinda flat land is pretty much used for gardens and such on most homesteads.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Combs and Johnson are my kin over that way. Everyone was related to everyone else. One time I cracked a joke that we must all be inbreds. The joke was not well received. lol
Yep you ear related to my wife and to me distantly I suspect.
I grew up about an hour north of Hazard at Prestonsburg.

HYIA Cuz!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Yep you ear related to my wife and to me distantly I suspect.
I grew up about an hour north of Hazard at Prestonsburg.

HYIA Cuz!
Most of our people were coal miners. Your's too?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost everyone down there is related in one way or another
It runs from Irvin to Boonville back to Ashville from Blue ash to the Virginia state line

yep if your family has been there for several generations then the isolation causes everyone to wind up related eventually.
Not like expansion areas to the west and such.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Same here in southern Illinois. Everyone is related down here too. Wonder what that makes me?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Same here in southern Illinois. Everyone is related down here too. Wonder what that makes me?

Listening to all this makes me glad to be from GA... metro Atlanta has gotten to be pretty much "north Georgia". Back when long distance was still a thing, Atlanta had the largest local dialing area in the world.

Andria

VU Sponsors