Become a Patron!

Here's what I have... And here's what I'm looking for...

Hey everyone - I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could help me with, as well as maybe break down some of the lingo that I'm trying to cross-reference and research what they mean when I see you guys using acronyms, lol. So, I'll get right to it.

Quickly, I've been vaping about a year off and on, a little more in the past 6 months, so I've decided to try and learn some more and try some different things.

In May, I got a Kangertech Topbox mini, primarily because I thought at first I'd be happier with something smaller and not so bulky to carry around to somewhat replace cigarettes, etc. Well, with the Topbox mini, it only has one battery, and I've been running into a lot of issues with my battery constantly dying even though I'm not using it that much, so I wasn't sure if I just need a new battery, or if that's just the way it is... Many times I'll charge it up and it shows full, but after a few hits... the battery blinks and shows empty when pressing hit button, but then shows full again when I release... I'm not sure what that means?

Furthermore, about a month ago I decided to change the coil (I believe I was using .15, but I'm not sure, I'm using 0.5 now and seem to like it.) However, the rubber seal was beginning to separate on the bottom part of the glass, but I tried to go ahead and reseat and replace... but after a day or so, I went to hit it and hot liquid came out the vents and burned my hand - I went to the store and he said it's probably a bad coil. I don't know - but it scared me, kinda... Anyway, it continued to leak so I just bought a new tank for the time being while I research a better build.

So - I bought a Tobeco Super tank Mini - it worked fine for the last month until earlier tonight - it's started leaking as well. *sigh* So now I'm just aggravated.

So here's my questions:

1. Are there any boxes that are smaller/easier to carry that my battery isn't constantly going dead with, or do I have to resort to a bigger box with multiple batteries. If so, one I have been researching is the Wismec Reuleaux RX200S - do you know if that's a good one to upgrade to? or is there anything inbetween just as well? It holds 3 batts, so that's gonna be a good chunk of change - which I've read the Samsung batts are better to go with? Annndd I guess I'll need to get a dock charger thing.
  2. Second, I'm still at a loss for which tank to go with for this box I listed above, if I go that route, I'm not sure which coil is best except that I'm good with the .5 coil. I've read Clapton is good. I don't know exactly the benefits of SS, Ni, etc or why I'd choose one over the other just yet. I just like a lot of vapor, and I think I am more of a direct lung hitter - since I'd read some are more directed for MTL opposed to DL hitting. I like the vaping experience but I'd also like it to satisfy the extent of smoking/wanting a cigarette. Currently, I use about 45-50 watt setting, wide open vent. I'm also not sure how I'll know when a coil is bad or how often to change them.

3. One of the hardest things for me has been finding a liquid I like, so currently I'm using a type that is just like a regular full-flavor cigarette that is made at a local shop here... I'll venture out on this later but I don't understand what PG/VG means? Also, why some nicotine levels are numbered different. I want something similar, maybe a lil lower than a regular cigarette right now, but I don't know how to equate the numbers. I'll also prove a picture of the liquid I use. It's 6mg. Are some liquids not supposed to be used with certain boxes/tanks? That's a whole other thing, so I'll move on.

4. Lastly, how do you all carry your box? Maybe silly question, but if I carry in a purse should I always carry upright, etc?
Anyways, I know that's a novel - but any help and direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn, so thanks for the patience. Take care!15491728_10154982592007494_95218489_o.jpg
15502624_10154982592772494_740908630_o.jpg

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey everyone - I have a couple questions I was wondering if you could help me with, as well as maybe break down some of the lingo that I'm trying to cross-reference and research what they mean when I see you guys using acronyms, lol. So, I'll get right to it.

Quickly, I've been vaping about a year off and on, a little more in the past 6 months, so I've decided to try and learn some more and try some different things.

In May, I got a Kangertech Topbox mini, primarily because I thought at first I'd be happier with something smaller and not so bulky to carry around to somewhat replace cigarettes, etc. Well, with the Topbox mini, it only has one battery, and I've been running into a lot of issues with my battery constantly dying even though I'm not using it that much, so I wasn't sure if I just need a new battery, or if that's just the way it is... Many times I'll charge it up and it shows full, but after a few hits... the battery blinks and shows empty when pressing hit button, but then shows full again when I release... I'm not sure what that means?

Furthermore, about a month ago I decided to change the coil (I believe I was using .15, but I'm not sure, I'm using 0.5 now and seem to like it.) However, the rubber seal was beginning to separate on the bottom part of the glass, but I tried to go ahead and reseat and replace... but after a day or so, I went to hit it and hot liquid came out the vents and burned my hand - I went to the store and he said it's probably a bad coil. I don't know - but it scared me, kinda... Anyway, it continued to leak so I just bought a new tank for the time being while I research a better build.

So - I bought a Tobeco Super tank Mini - it worked fine for the last month until earlier tonight - it's started leaking as well. *sigh* So now I'm just aggravated.

So here's my questions:

1. Are there any boxes that are smaller/easier to carry that my battery isn't constantly going dead with, or do I have to resort to a bigger box with multiple batteries. If so, one I have been researching is the Wismec Reuleaux RX200S - do you know if that's a good one to upgrade to? or is there anything inbetween just as well? It holds 3 batts, so that's gonna be a good chunk of change - which I've read the Samsung batts are better to go with? Annndd I guess I'll need to get a dock charger thing.
  2. Second, I'm still at a loss for which tank to go with for this box I listed above, if I go that route, I'm not sure which coil is best except that I'm good with the .5 coil. I've read Clapton is good. I don't know exactly the benefits of SS, Ni, etc or why I'd choose one over the other just yet. I just like a lot of vapor, and I think I am more of a direct lung hitter - since I'd read some are more directed for MTL opposed to DL hitting. I like the vaping experience but I'd also like it to satisfy the extent of smoking/wanting a cigarette. Currently, I use about 45-50 watt setting, wide open vent. I'm also not sure how I'll know when a coil is bad or how often to change them.

3. One of the hardest things for me has been finding a liquid I like, so currently I'm using a type that is just like a regular full-flavor cigarette that is made at a local shop here... I'll venture out on this later but I don't understand what PG/VG means? Also, why some nicotine levels are numbered different. I want something similar, maybe a lil lower than a regular cigarette right now, but I don't know how to equate the numbers. I'll also prove a picture of the liquid I use. It's 6mg. Are some liquids not supposed to be used with certain boxes/tanks? That's a whole other thing, so I'll move on.

4. Lastly, how do you all carry your box? Maybe silly question, but if I carry in a purse should I always carry upright, etc?
Anyways, I know that's a novel - but any help and direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn, so thanks for the patience. Take care!View attachment 68934
View attachment 68935
Welcome to VU!
Yeah, lots of questions. However, I'll try to answer them.
Running out of battery power that quick isn't a good sign. When looking for a battery, you want to look for higher mAh (mili Ampere hour), but most importantly the continuous discharge rate. Ideally, 20-30A (do a search for Mooch's recommendations). Stay away from Efest!!! An external charger is a good thing to have. Good brands for a cheap charger are Nitecore, Xtar, and Efest.
The Wismec RX200S is a nice box. However, it's really heavy for carrying around. A single 18650 mod, or a dual 18650 mod are a better choice. I personally like my Eleaf Pico, and Evic VTC Mini. As for the tank, I like the Aspire Cleito (not the Cleito 120), with the optional tank expansion. I'm using this tank, with a 0.4 Ohm coil, on a daily basis on my Pico. If needed, I carry a spare 18650 in a suitable battery container with me. You don't want to carry a loose battery in your purse, or pocket, due to safety reasons! (It could cause the battery to vent, or even explode, when making contact with coins, or other metals.) It is time to change the coil(s), when the flavor is getting muted, or the liquid in your tank is getting darker, than the liquid in your re-fill bottle.
Finding the right liquid was the hardest part for me as well. Some stores provide cheaper, smaller sample bottles, or in a B&M store liquid samples for you to try. I heard VaporValleyVapes.com has some cheap, but good eJuice. Then there's the PG/VG. PG, will give you more throat hit, VG makes for a smoother, cloudier vape. The ratio is something, you'll have to find out for yourself. It depends on your preference.
With a good (none leaking) tank, I just put the mod in my pocket. No matter, if it's side ways, or upright.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The eLeaf Pico Mega uses a 26650 or 18650 battery, the 26650 will last all day at work no problems, and the Cleito tank with optional bigger glass fits.

I have that combo. I also have a Wismec RX75 - it uses a single 18650 and it lasts me all day. They are on sale everywhere for about $30.00.

Can't say enough good things about the Cleito tanks, the .4 ohm coils work really well around 55 watts and do not leak ever!

As for batteries, there are lot's of good ones, and unfortunately bad ones as well.

Samsung 25r or 30q are both good choices and my preferred batteries for 18650.

I have both iJoy & MXJO for 26650

Good luck

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

So here's my questions:

Anyways, I know that's a novel - but any help and direction would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to learn, so thanks for the patience. Take care!View attachment 68934
View attachment 68935
1) If your looking for a dual battery for better battery life the smok alien is really nice and small. another option thats cheap and small that I just got is a smoant battlestar which is only about 31 bucks and a better quality then the and still small and light. about the same size and an alien just shorter and wider. I wouldn't get an Rx200 or any wismec, their thin wiring causes it to get hot and their 510 pins are the worst.
as far as batteries go, samsung 30q is the best for battery life and will be fine for regulated mods. also the sony VCT6 or LG HG2 are close. buy from a known vendor not ebay. sites like illumn.com liionwholesale.com or imrbatteries.com

2) the clieto as recommended by a few already is a great tank. also the smok baby beast. i can't say for sure yet but i'm working on a review for the cerabis44 and 45 tanks and they are pretty good with the .5 ohm coil, but I'll need another week or so before i could recommend it to anyone for sure.

3) it's a lot of trial and error. buying variety packs might help some tanks can't handle thick juices, the clieto however will handle them with no issues

4) in my pocket. most tanks won't leak. there are a few that seem impossible to leak like the fremax starre pure which is also a good tank i can recommend. and the coils are pretty cheap

Better 26650 batteries are the Basen
I use the basen black for my slice. solid batteries. 23amps and 4500MAH
for my lux i have the ijoy batts on the way. best ones for 26650 mods according to mooch. they perform like an 18650 battery and are 30 amp 4200mah

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
0.5 coil should work fine and use less juice, AND will take less power to run it (longer battery charge). If the tank isn't cracked, you can strip it down, clean it (may as well while ya got it apart) and put it back together again. Make sure everything lines up. It should be fine after that. Also, I find that top tank fills need the airflow to be off, to prevent juice from leaking during filling. You might try that as well.
I've been using the same kanger toptank mini for about 9 months now. Changed the RBA mini (I kinda over drilled the one i had) but aside from that, same glass, rings, etc. I used to drop that thing 4 times a day.. (3 times into the bath tub... lol.. napping while vaping in the tub isn't good for the mod)

VU Sponsors