Become a Patron!

HexOhm v2,1

i just brought a v2,1 from a friend and a dead rabbit rta I’ve read up on what resistance my coil should be, I’m seeing a lot of different answers.
Right now I have a 0,31 build in it (not used yet) and I like to vape somewhere around 60-70 watt, is 0,3 too low of a resistance for this or is it within an acceptable range?
I hope you can help me out. I’ve been vaping sub ohm tanks until now and just making the switch to rta

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Its a PWM so you can dial the power up or down. IMO you would have a much better vape somewhere between .18-.20 with that setup.

just wanted to make sure i was in the safe zone, since it is an unregulated mod with series batteries.
it does have some protection but very minimal

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Nothing is safe really, but a PWM is definitely safer than it isn't. Im sorry for my response being so brief as I thought you were familiar with the mod itself.

Build based of the CDR ratings for what batteries you are using, the specs of these should play a very, very heavy role into how low you build. What batteries are you using? That is a series mod so it will be double the voltage and amps will be max of 1 battery CDR.

You can use that pot on the side to dial down the power to control the intensity. Highly recommend learning all you can about ohms law, battery safety and series PWM. You picked a great piece of hardware though, you are going to love it.

i'm using 2 samsung inr18650-25r 3,7v batteries in it, brand new and going to marrie them as i heard a lot of people say you should do

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
With what you are looking for in output and what you are building at you can achieve the vape you want. Depending on the coil material in play you might have to drive it a little for a fast ramp, are you using NI, Kanthal or SS?

Those are good batteries but they are not going to be your best choice for that mod. Your run time is going to not be great and you are kind of limited in your power options.

.21 ohm at 50% power is maximum
.30 ohm at 75% power is maximum

For the same runtime but better build options you might consider some Samsung 20S or Sony VTC5(a) batteries as these will give you some head room and a little better punch when you want to get on the button.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You should consider some stronger batteries so your runtime doesnt suck and in a direct contradiction to my original post with those batteries you might consider upping the ohms a little bit to the higher .3X end of the range so you can unburden the 25r's and little and give you more room on the pot to work.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Samsung 20S, Sony VCT5(a) or LG HG2's will all do you well.

VU Sponsors