Become a Patron!

Hexohm V3

First of all I am new here and I am pretty new to vaping too. I just bought a Hexohm V3 and love it. I have a question about batteries. Is it OK to use the ohm life batteries with the Hexohm V3? It says 20.7amps I know you're not supposed to use low amp batteries with the Hexohm V3. I have been getting mixed answers Yes its OK and no. So does anyone have any hard facts and answers thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Personally I don’t know those batteries off hand... perhaps someone will chime in with more information.
According to Mooch- considered the standard personnel for battery test information by he community:
Bottom Line
In my opinion, though it is confusingly labeled it is a great almost-20A high capacity continuous discharge rating (CDR) battery. It is essentially equal to the LG HG2, just running a bit hotter. I have not tested the safety improvements that Hohm Tech says have been made to this battery compared to the HG2.

Personally I stick with Samsung 25r or Sony VTC5a with mods though.

In other words, you should be ok with those in the hexv3; but, I would consider swapping to the 25r from Samsung as it will have a higher pulse rating.

Congrats on the mod!!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i dunno anything about that brand of battery. they are likely re-wrapped name brand batteries, and they could be 'exaggerated' on the specs (there have been instances of companies re-wrapping 10a batteries with 30a labels :mad:). its best to always use authentic/known batteries like sony/samsung/lg. have a look at mooches battery charts and videos to learn a bit more if you want.

to figure out the answer to your question, you can use an ohms law calculator to find out exactly how many amps you are drawing form your cells. have a look at this post. the hex is a variable voltage/regulated series mod, so you will always only have the amps of a single cell, but the voltage is doubled, and can be adjusted. depending on the voltage setting and the resistance of your build, your amp draw will change, which makes it possible to have a build thats 'safe' at a lower power and 'pushing your amp limit' as you turn it up. you can use the calculator to know whats going on and make your own choices :cheers:

Thanks I have 2 sets of Samsung 25r I was hearing a lot of good stuff about these batteries so that's why I purchased them. I did a little research and they said these aren't just rewrap batteries. This was a collaboration between ohm Tech and LG ( supposably).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors