Become a Patron!

Hey all noob here

Stevoswifty

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good morning all hope you are well, sorry if i have posted in the wrong place I am just after a little advise I have the rdta box and made my first coils last night it was fun, I used clapton wire kenthal 26g and nichrome 30g 5 wraps dual coil it came out at 0.39 ohms and 4.88 volts at 70 watts I used the vape tool pro app to match the resistance with what I used but it never matched up. My main worry is my batteries are 3.7volt lg 18650s 3000mah and is pulling 4.8 at 70watts or 5.7v at 90 is it safe, my mod will run up to 8v and 0.05-3.0ohm still learning with making the coils I have the ohms law calc and all matches up just my worry about the 3.7 batteries pulling 5 or 6v regards ste

Last edited:

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your batteries are 3.7V nominal 4.2V max (and 8.4 for two batteries in series).
Your mod is regulated which means it is able to lower or raise the supplied voltage to what's needed.

You are fine using those batteries (LG HG2s) up to 130W no matter what the resistance of the coil is.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi and welcome, soon our members will help you out with your questions, Glad you joined & Good luck!!:wave:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a regulated mod, and you should be ok as long as you're using a good quality battery such as a Samsung 25R or LG HG2 or HE2.

Stevoswifty

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea I'm on the lg hg2 batteries was just wondering about the ramp up in voltage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years