1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

Hey Cigarette Smoker

Discussion in 'What are electronic cigarettes?' started by Saddletramp1200, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Lisa vapes

Lisa vapes Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Today is day 97 without a cigarette, yay me!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2. MD_Boater

MD_Boater Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Keep at it. They start going by quick!

Letitia9, gakudzu and inspects like this.
  3. jvsurfvape

jvsurfvape New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    good, keep on it :-D

Letitia9 and gakudzu like this.
  4. Spectre

Spectre New Member

Blog Posts:
    Coming up to my 3 month mark...can't stand the stinkies anymore...they make me cough, like I used to do to others. I'm actually very sorry I put others through that, now I know what it's like to be on the receiving end :oops:

Hanson, Letitia9 and gakudzu like this.
  5. SpectoVia

SpectoVia Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Hey you.....cigarette smoker. Look over on the table next to your recliner. Right next to the remote and your Zippo. You see that ashtray? Just add one ounce of water to that and you will see what's settled at the bottom of your lungs right now.

Sorry if that seemed stupid, but that's what I started thinking every time I saw an ashtray filled with cigarette butts and ashes. I started vaping 13 months ago and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.

Hanson, Letitia9 and Spectre like this.
  6. antony1988

antony1988 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I agree=) It has really good taste, Il like it also!

Hanson and Letitia9 like this.
  7. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Great thread. I can't imagine quitting smoking without vaping. Tried it all, vaping was the only thing that worked for me.

EasyPuff Vape and Lisa vapes like this.
  8. Lisa vapes

Lisa vapes Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Day 205 for me. I feel so much better, smell nicer too

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hanson, EasyPuff Vape and Letitia9 like this.
  9. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Agree 100%.

inspects and Polargirl like this.
  10. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    See post: #16920 It explains my view.

Again, kind of defaults to that post. It is in the sqounking forum. My signature line links to affordable CopperVape mods and atties. As to potent, well that depends on your choice of nicotine/other strength.

inspects likes this.
  11. NineNine

NineNine Bronze Contributor Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is just like a whole new world opened up, move to quit smoking ciga

inspects likes this.
  12. NineNine

Blog Posts:
    Can Not Agree more

inspects likes this.
  13. MD_Boater

Blog Posts:
    Update:

Vaping start date: 11/1/2013
    Last day smoking 11/6/2013
    Current date: 10/11/2017
    Days not smoking 1435
    Months not smoking 47.83

Only 26 more days, and I hit 4 years without a cigarette!!!

Hanson likes this.
  14. NineNine

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is going to make you breathe much better than smoking.

15. gbalkam

gbalkam Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Gotta plan ahead. Don't forget your ecig or just suffer through for a couple hours. Having a back up battery (and coils if you use the premade) keeps you off the smokes.

16. Whitesoxfan2579

Whitesoxfan2579 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Vaping is the only thing that has ever worked for me to give up tobacco. Last cigarette: May 8, 2016.

MD_Boater likes this.
  17. gbalkam

gbalkam Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Some might disagree, but it is best to determine that you have quit smoking when you take your first puff of vape. Don't have a pack in the freezer as back up, or limit of 4 cigs per day.. you want zero cigs.. period. When you get the urge to light up, just shake your head and grab your vape. You don't smoke anymore, you are a vaper now.

It is only really an issue for the first couple weeks, and then random urges every now and then.
    By the way, your friends will piss themselves laughing if you bum a puff off their cigarette.. It is worse than when you first started. No little kissy-puff to test things out.. oh no... full on inhale.. 3 minute coughing fit and 2 hours having the taste of a dirty ashtray in your mouth.. Hilarious to watch..not so much to experience. lol.

Hanson likes this.
  18. MauriceJohnson

MauriceJohnson New Member

Blog Posts:
    Good one mate. Go the extra mile.... :)

19. GreyArea

GreyArea New Member

Blog Posts:
    This! Every other method I tried to quit - patches, gum, even cig-a-likes - had me ready to mug a passerby so I could steal his pack of Camels within six hours. This has just been...easy. So much so that I find myself wondering now and then if I'm doing it wrong - I mean, where's the struggle? Other than the struggle to not buy another bit of gear, anyway. That one's kinda tough.

20. GreyArea

GreyArea New Member

Blog Posts:
    When I gave my mom her Evod, I would have bet $20 that's what was going to happen - so I told her I'd check on her gear every couple of days, make sure the coils were good, make sure she had enough juice, whatever it took. She got annoyed because "I can do all that myself, just show me how and stop treating me like an infant." She was a smoker for almost fifty years, and hasn't had a cig for more than three weeks.

Be patient, keep trying - maybe a Gusto or a JUUL would work better for her? I wouldn't like the fact that you can't futz with them, but all she'd have to do is charge and change the pods.

21. Real Extract in Seattle

Real Extract in Seattle VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was getting pretty frustrated with the low powered V2 and the Blu rigs when I started years ago - solved that issue by getting onto the Kangertech Protank years ago. I have upgraded my equipment over he years to Dicodes mod and Kayfun atomizer - perfect fit for me.
    The other big issue for me was the flavors and quality of the juices available. I was not into the artificial flavors at all. Simulated tobacco flavors were not working for me. Once I got onto real tobacco flavors (NET) I quit smoking on that day almost five years ago. My experience turned into a natural extract business.
    I don't feel that I really had to give anything up to make the transition once I got the flavor profile dialed in with the right equipment and nicotine level.
    I would be happy to assist anybody that wishes to make the jump from cigs to vaping that insists upon tobacco flavors (like myself).

22. MD_Boater

Blog Posts:
    The day I tossed my last cigarette in the trash can was the last time I wanted to taste tobacco. I couldn't even think about using tobacco flavored eliquid. Mission #1 for me was to find a flavor that I liked that was as dissimilar from tobacco as quickly as possible. For me, it was green apple & butterscotch. Vaping tobacco flavor juice seems like it would just prolong the problem unnecessarily. Even a good simulation like yours...

23. Real Extract in Seattle

Real Extract in Seattle VU Vendor VU Vendor Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    It is interesting how different people deal with it. I needed to satisfy the taste of tobacco and you needed to get away from it. Additive behaviors are pretty individualized. Whatever works is the right answer.

24. Fog Monsters Inc

Fog Monsters Inc New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    suggesting e-cigarettes are far less harmful than smoking, more people than ever believe them to be just as harmful.

Fog Monsters Inc

25. RobN1

RobN1 New Member

Blog Posts:
    More people than ever...???
    I would suggest more people know its not as harmful. More people are turning to vaping every day. Especially as there has been a lot of research into it, actual scientific research, not " I read on Facebook..." research. I guess more people who have a vested interest are trying to stop the spread of vaping...
    The facts can not be ignored: Vaping is less harmful than smoking.