Become a Patron!

Hey guys just bought this need your opinion

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok I just bought a troll rda the FU body and a efest battery is this a pretty good setup and I'm wrapping 24g kanthal I've got 8 coils wrapped about 2 mm don't have a ohm meter so don't know what ohm I'm at but any opinions would be amazing

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
yea its a good setup. but at least type in your coil in steam engine to figure out the ohms until you get an ohm meter. and im assuming you mean the 35a purple efest when you say efest battery? all you need is an ohm meter and battery charger. i use nitecore i2 and its a great charger but theyve gotten better since i got mine. i only mention a good battery charger bc the cheap ones will kill your batteries

ghost62

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I echo the suggestion to get a meter ASAP.
All kinds of bad can happen when you combine a unknown build with a straight mech.
And make sure your battery can handle the build. You'll want to make sure it's at least 20/35 amp.
I've been building for almost 2 years and I STILL check my ohms BEFORE I fire it, even on a mod with full protection circuitry.
15 dollars is a small price to pay to keep your face attached to your head.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its a must have for an unregulated device. You have a short and don't know it, and fire the mod it can be very very bad.

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright thanks all I got my ohm meter today I am running .22 ohms and vaping happy with twisted 24g kanthal loving the clouds

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And the battery charger I'm using is a trust fire is that decent

derickedge7

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
af3977f5fc1c3c2a5b31b4679f797279.jpg

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Upgrade that charger as your next purchase. Its fine for now but you need a nitecore

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was told a long time ago not to trust any battery or charger with "fire" in its name....words to live by.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is no such thing as a 35 amp efest or anything...its a 20 amp battery...the 35 is a burst of amps for maybe 1 second or less...Its a re-wrapped LG HE2 battery...nothing efest sells they have made or designed.

You pushing your luck is all i can say with a .22 ohm build...the trustfire charger is crap and is not accurate..youll be lucky if it overcharges your battery and catches fire rather than you using the battery with a .22 ohm build and it blow up in your face.

Get an Intellicharger i2 at minimum and some sony vtc4's or raise your ohms to .4 or higher...Still get the better charger...DO NOT charge the battery unattended even with a good charger...just sayin.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
.22 is pushing 19 amps at 4.2v, you may wanna stay a little higher on those efests. I'd stay above .25 to be safe, you never know what you're getting with those things

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched as the battery blew a huge dent in my car's hood just by turning the key. I damn sure want to know about a battery powered device mm away from my nose when I push the start button. :cool:

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
yea its a good setup. but at least type in your coil in steam engine to figure out the ohms until you get an ohm meter. and im assuming you mean the 35a purple efest when you say efest battery? all you need is an ohm meter and battery charger. i use nitecore i2 and its a great charger but theyve gotten better since i got mine. i only mention a good battery charger bc the cheap ones will kill your batteries

I had the I4. It was a good charger. It lasted 3 1/2 years. One bay was broke, but the ones back in 2011 had crappy springs. I just replaced it a few months ago with a D4. When time comes for you to get a new charger go with the i2 or i4 for the 20$ extra. If you're happy with the one you have now you will be more than happy with the upgraded ones.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I meant go with the D2 or D4 for the extra cash. Sorry I was out of ita bit when I wrote it.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I meant go with the D2 or D4 for the extra cash. Sorry I was out of ita bit when I wrote it.
yea if i used mechs more id already have a d2 probably lol i2 does just fine for my rdna though

VU Sponsors