Become a Patron!

Hey - New forum member intro and thoughts

I usually join quit smoking forums but I guess the wind brought me here. I've been smoking for 40 years a pack a day, I tried everything from the patch to the pills to the gum to the inhaler and NOTHING works. I've come to realize it's all a money grab. A friend of mine who started vaping last year to quit smoking told me about this and I laughed at him telling him he went from one evil to the other but after 8 months he's off of this too. So I went out spent a couple hundred dollars on some nice gear and started vaping. It's been 3 weeks and I am still smoking but cut down from 25 to about 4 a day. I'm liking my progress but now I'm finding I'm not liking the perfume like vapes out there I just want dirty cigarette flavors. Hopefully I can get some advice on flavors and keep at this as I don't want to smoke anymore. I'm still reading many negative things about vaping but I'm also seeing they are coming from the same sources...... I guess I'm here to learn, so Hello....

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
First off, Welcome!!! Second, what kind of flavors do you like? ex. Fruity, desserts, tobacco, ect... Third, you will always hear negative things about vaping, but usually it's from cigarette smokers who don't want to quit smoking. I don't think I've ever been talked to negatively about vaping from a non-smoker. Vaping is by no means safe. Your lungs are made for air, so so anything besides air in your lungs is bad whether it be short term or long term. But, studies show that vaping is AT LEAST 98% healthier than smoking.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First off, Welcome!!! Second, what kind of flavors do you like? ex. Fruity, desserts, tobacco, ect... Third, you will always hear negative things about vaping, but usually it's from cigarette smokers who don't want to quit smoking. I don't think I've ever been talked to negatively about vaping from a non-smoker. Vaping is by no means safe. Your lungs are made for air, so so anything besides air in your lungs is bad whether it be short term or long term. But, studies show that vaping is AT LEAST 98% healthier than smoking.

I wouldn't say that vaping is UNsafe at all -- several REPUTABLE studies have shown that the vapor exhaled is absolutely no worse than the regular, ambient air -- and in some ways, it's actually better, since PG is an antimicrobial.

Don't believe ANYONE who tells you that vaping is unsafe -- they probably have a vested interest in the Death Industry -- taxes, BP handouts to their paid-for shills (all the "charitable" orgs which are nothing of the sort), and also the fucking puritans who think if it's not spring water and kale, it's evil.

Humans don't go around breathing "fresh air" anymore, unless they happen to live on some tiny island in the middle of nowhere, and even there... well, none of the air on planet Earth is "fresh air" anymore. Vaping is safer than hanging over a stove cooking dinner! Every individual may have some sensitivity to some chemical, and some of those chemicals may show up in flavors, and some of us have real problems inhaling either PG or VG in vapor form -- that doesn't mean those chemicals are unsafe, it means that each person's vaping has to be tailored to their exact needs and desires. I can't vape VG if it's more than 14% of my vape, with 86% being PG, but most folks around here are more sensitive to PG than to VG.

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi leper and welcome to the forum, lots of friendly and helpful folks here that would be glad to help you, enjoy the forum

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I usually join quit smoking forums but I guess the wind brought me here. I've been smoking for 40 years a pack a day, I tried everything from the patch to the pills to the gum to the inhaler and NOTHING works. I've come to realize it's all a money grab. A friend of mine who started vaping last year to quit smoking told me about this and I laughed at him telling him he went from one evil to the other but after 8 months he's off of this too. So I went out spent a couple hundred dollars on some nice gear and started vaping. It's been 3 weeks and I am still smoking but cut down from 25 to about 4 a day. I'm liking my progress but now I'm finding I'm not liking the perfume like vapes out there I just want dirty cigarette flavors. Hopefully I can get some advice on flavors and keep at this as I don't want to smoke anymore. I'm still reading many negative things about vaping but I'm also seeing they are coming from the same sources...... I guess I'm here to learn, so Hello....

Welcome to VU :wave:

Check out this section to find the higher truth about vaping The Good

Even that big enemy of vaping - the American Cancer Society - finally relented and admitted that those who simply cannot quit smoking should try vaping!

As for wanting tobacco flavor - try NETS, they are naturally extracted from tobacco and give a clean tobacco taste

There is big hope for you - I was a 2.5 PAD smoker for 37 years and have not touched one cigarette in over two years now. I thought I would die a smoker :cloud:

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Welcome to the MADNESS that is VU:crazy::devil:

And the health side of things. I am sticking to my old standard, Vaping is one hell of a lot better than smoking but still not as good as fresh air.

And that is getting hard to come by!

Net's are great but can be a bit pricey.

Before I got into DIY I purchased most of my E-Liquids from Bulk E-Juice

Here you can find sample packs

https://bulkejuice.com/10ml-5-pack-samples-429

They have some pretty darn good tobacco flavors.

When you order, in the comment section tell them that UncleRJ sent you :D

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hello and welcome to VU!

I have a couple of personal facts to share: (1) I smoked for 39 years, and since I took up vaping in 2011, I can count the number of cigs I've smoked on one hand. (2) My doctor says that when he listens to my lungs, they don't sound like the lungs of a smoker. (3) I haven't had bronchitis since 2012. (4) After a while a cigarette is about the nastiest thing you ever wanna see/smell/taste.

My sister who is 53 years old, having had COPD for over 10 years now, switched to vaping and hasn't felt this good since she was diagnosed. She only likes tobacco flavors, and has found some Hangsens that she really likes (specifically, Desert Ship, Red Marlboro, and RY4, which has a touch of vanilla and caramel in it).

Folks can do all the studies they want, but personal experience is what's made me a believer.

I really hope you make it off the cigs. This is a great place to get help.

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Welcome to the dark side we have cookies, well vape flavored cookies... ;)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries dude..there's guys and gals been vaping for years and they still vape "dirty" tobacco juices...I personally find most e-juice revolting..too sweet too overly and clumsily flavored like fucking kids candy....it was what cause me to to start making my own juices...hell some guys vape just straight flavorless juice....there are no rules except those you make for yourself.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No worries dude..there's guys and gals been vaping for years and they still vape "dirty" tobacco juices...I personally find most e-juice revolting..too sweet too overly and clumsily flavored like fucking kids candy....it was what cause me to to start making my own juices...hell some guys vape just straight flavorless juice....there are no rules except those you make for yourself.

Completely agree about the super-sweet juices. I don't like tobacco flavors, but do like spices like cinnamon and ginger, and not-so-sweet fruits like lemon. Starting to make my own, and it's a whole new universe, eh?

jojosvapes

Drippopotamus
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
there's guys and gals been vaping for years and they still vape "dirty" tobacco juices...
Not often but I still once in a while enjoy black and mild type vapes-at one point it was a go to :)

VU Sponsors