Become a Patron!

Hey, what's happening? New here.

skillet

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My story:
Started smoking when I was 14, and added dipping a year later. Did both for 33 years. I could always lay the cigs down, as long as I had the dip. However, I couldn't lay the dip down whether I was smoking or not...believe me when I say this - dipping is 100 times harder to kick than smokes. Anyways for those 33 years, I had no inclination to quit. I knew I didn't want to quit, so I never thought about. Had double bypass heart surgery in 2007 (no heart attack), so I was finally off all nicotine...for 5 years...nothing. I was riding up the road one day, and just matter-of-factly, out of the blue, after not even thinking about nicotine, I just said "I think I'll stop and get a can of Copenhagen." Just like that, I was hooked again after one can. So, I went along dipping, with an occasional bummed smoke until early this year, when I started having throat problems and got terrified. I went to see an ENT and he scoped my throat, twice in 3 months. Thankfully nothing was found, but he told me I ABSOLUTELY HAD to quit dipping. I told him "look, I don't even know if I can do this or not, but I'm gonna have to start smoking cigs again to try to get off the dip." He said Dude, whatever it takes. So, back on pack and a half of cigs a day for a few months. Labor day weekend, a friend says come with me to the vape shop to get some coils. eGo AIO that day, a Smok AL85 the next week, and a VooPoo Drag with a uWell Crown 3 last week....and I haven't given cigs or dip a second thought. Still waitin to see when vaping is so much cheaper than cigs! But, I should be past the initial investment (for awhile) and just buying juice and coils. Too lazy to mix my own

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats, dude! As for the expenses, whatever you are willing to do yourself will save you bundles. But just like getting into vaping, there is an initial investment to all of it. But a worthy one in my opinion. No matter what, though, it's all cheaper than treatment for cancer and nursing care.

skillet

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Congrats, dude! As for the expenses, whatever you are willing to do yourself will save you bundles. But just like getting into vaping, there is an initial investment to all of it. But a worthy one in my opinion. No matter what, though, it's all cheaper than treatment for cancer and nursing care.
Thanks Voice. I'm seriously thinking about mixing...just seems like alot

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
IMG_0756.JPG

Good move by joining the discussion here at VU. I don't want to sound like a cheesy Kroger commercial, but this place really is your first step to savings. derp

It does seem that you went on a initial device binge, but the real savings will come into play when you start getting juice online instead of a B&M. For what I used to pay for a carton of cigarettes, I can get 700 mls of liquid. At a local B&M here in Mid-Tenn, it's $20 for 34 mls. That's a 8 cents per ml vs 58 cents per ml difference. I'm not there yet, but I'm sure that the alchemy of DIY liquids is even more cost efficient. There are some amazing liquids available through some vendors here at VU and some great tips about current sales and promos.

Good to have you here

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks Voice. I'm seriously thinking about mixing...just seems like alot
It's like any hobby, it takes some patience & practice. It turned out to be a lot less work than I thought it would & I discovered that it's something I really enjoy doing. There's also a lot of people here that will give you a lot of help & tips when you ask.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

skillet

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
View attachment 95298

Good move by joining the discussion here at VU. I don't want to sound like a cheesy Kroger commercial, but this place really is your first step to savings. derp

It does seem that you went on a initial device binge, but the real savings will come into play when you start getting juice online instead of a B&M. For what I used to pay for a carton of cigarettes, I can get 700 mls of liquid. At a local B&M here in Mid-Tenn, it's $20 for 34 mls. That's a 8 cents per ml vs 58 cents per ml difference. I'm not there yet, but I'm sure that the alchemy of DIY liquids is even more cost efficient. There are some amazing liquids available through some vendors here at VU and some great tips about current sales and promos.

Good to have you here
Yeah the juice I’ve been vaping is going for $26/60ml at local B&M. Found it online for $13.99/60ml

dropin_biking

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the forums! I just recently quit smoking, and have just started "turning a profit" So to speak. Glad you made the switch, the longer you continue, the happier you will feel about yourself.

I'm also on the fence about DIY juice, it seems fun.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU! There are a lot of DIY'ers here and will be happy to answer any and all question you have. DIY'ing is not hard at all and will save you a boat load of cash over store bought e-liquid.

VU Sponsors