Hey Yall from the Eastern Shore of MD

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just found this forum and so glad I found vaping when I did. Long time smoker here who (thanks to vaping) was finally able to slip out of the death grip of tobacco.

Currently vaping an Itaste V3 with an Aspire mini and the new BVC coil. That's my daily driver. My home relaxer is an Itaste VTR with a full sized Nautilus, also BVC coil.

E-juice: Green and Gold Vapor "Papaya's Dream" 6mg

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi & welcome! :)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the site, we hope you enjoy yourself! <3

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there. Seen you posting around the forum. Welcome to vu. How are you finding that BVC coil? I'm figuring you don't get dry hits..

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi there. Seen you posting around the forum. Welcome to vu. How are you finding that BVC coil? I'm figuring you don't get dry hits..
Hey there Hobby Kid, thanks for the welcome!
So far,(it's only been a week) the Aspire BVC coils are performing great. No dry hits, no flooding, Very consistent. I have the original one in my Mini that gets vaped pretty much all day, every day. So far I'm very happy with it. 50/50 blend, 1.8ohm, 10.5watts.

What's your favorite toke?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey there Hobby Kid, thanks for the welcome!
So far,(it's only been a week) the Aspire BVC coils are performing great. No dry hits, no flooding, Very consistent. I have the original one in my Mini that gets vaped pretty much all day, every day. So far I'm very happy with it. 50/50 blend, 1.8ohm, 10.5watts.

What's your favorite toke?
That's an easy question I think. I switch between two setups and their interchangeable. I use a Seven 22 and a mini cana. I use the fasttech kayfun 3.1 'sandblasted' bc it has deep juice channels and excellent airflow and I use mini kayfuns which also have great airflow. And my adv is pecan pie. Yes, same as you - 50/50 in RBAs. Full vg in drippers. So I only rebuild. As for my kayfuns resistance, it's whatever it comes out at lol. Sometimes 1.5. Currently .7

I've found that premade heads/coils are let down by their wicking materials. That's why I was asking about the BVC. They don't have wicks do they?

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually they do have a wick, According to reports it's Ceramic. There's an excellent slide show on you tube where it gets fully dissected.
I applaud all you folks that do your own rebuilding and such...
I just simply do not have the time. Or? am I just lazy? Someday I will, and will certainly be looking for your help.

Aspire Nautilus BVC head breakdown - hi def slideshow

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey [user]Bold Vapor [/user] there's so many pll here that will help you when you feel you wanna start building your own coils. It's not that much harder than rewiring a plug. Or you could buy ready made wicked coils. Fasttech do packs of 50 for about $2. I send them to n00bs in the uk to get them started. It gives you more options and opens the door to spending more money lots of more tanks ;)

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It gives you more options and opens the door to spending more money lots of more tanks ;)
LOL, already do enough of that as it is.Thanks for the tip on fasttech and I have seen several threads on Kayfun. I'll check it out!.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic, thanks!
Pre wicked coils. Looks easy enough....which would you suggest?
The timing is great because I was just poking around for a good deal on another Apsire mini.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Fantastic, thanks!
The timing is great because I was just poking around for a good deal on another Apsire mini.
I used to live in MD. Went to Ocean City often. I lived in Balto. County until moving to Central Fl in 2009.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fantastic, thanks!
Sorry. Been for a run and only just saw your question. Which coil pack to choose? Well firstly I'll say that I've gotten only good feedback from those who I sent them to.

There are lots to choose from and most will give you basically the same vape. I'll fetch a link but I'd say a 50 pack, anything from 1.2 - 2ohms.

If you decide to but a dripper which will be way easier to put them on and get a decent vape straight off the bat (bc you're still practising) then by putting two in will halve the ohms e.g. Two 2ohm coils will come out at 1ohm. So you've got lots of choice

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These ship next day. They're only single wicks but that might actually be best for a kayfun.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007197/1593903

If you buy them @Bold Vapor and the kayfun I linked to earlier, purchase them (together) as a separate order to the links below because they're both ready to ship. But they'll get help up if you put the ones below in with the same order.

------------
These are good. They're 4 wick. But don't ship for at least 5 days.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007197/1593904

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007197/1593908

For anyone else reading this who knows about coils, yes I know they are "NR-R-NR" but that doesn't matter. They still work perfectly fine in any rda/rba that I know of. And users in the ft discussion will confirm this.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Fantastic, Thanks Hobby Kid.
I did check out the Kayfun 3.1 you suggested however @ 22mm dia. it won't fit my VTR. I spent munch lunch hour looking at reviews on the Taifun GS. A little pricier than the Kayfun but it also has some great reviews and @ 17mm will fit the VTR just fine. I do like your suggestion on the pre-wicked coils. I'll be purchasing both from Fasttech.

Thanks for all your trouble and helping me with this. Always good to have knowledgeable advice.

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fantastic, Thanks Hobby Kid.
I did check out the Kayfun 3.1 you suggested however @ 22mm dia. it won't fit my VTR. I spent munch lunch hour looking at reviews on the Taifun GS. A little pricier than the Kayfun but it also has some great reviews and @ 17mm will fit the VTR just fine. I do like your suggestion on the pre-wicked coils. I'll be purchasing both from Fasttech.

Thanks for all your trouble and helping me with this. Always good to have knowledgeable advice.
That's fine. Have you ever thought about cutting off that top ring on the VTR? I just loved mine without it.

image.jpg

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used to live in MD. Went to Ocean City often. I lived in Balto. County until moving to Central Fl in 2009.

Hey 5150, yes were way down here on the slower, lower eastern shore. Crab'n, Fish'n, Hunt'n, Sail'n, Oystor'n, and vap'n!

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks Great! Nice job on the mod HK. Yes have thought about it (gulp). How long did it take? what tools did you use? Is there a you tube vid somewhere?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks Great! Nice job on the mod HK. Yes have thought about it (gulp). How long did it take? what tools did you use? Is there a you tube vid somewhere?
Can't google a vid right now but it's really simple. I got fed up one day being restricted to tank size. So I grabbed my dremel, held the VTR in my hand and used one of these to cut it off. It got a bit hot. But it only took 10-15mins. Those little discs are good actually. They've got so many uses.

image.jpg

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your freaking me out...
I just so happen to have a few of those myself. Did you dis-assemble the top piece from the unit or did you do it fully assembled?

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your freaking me out...
I just so happen to have a few of those myself. Did you dis-assemble the top piece from the unit or did you do it fully assembled?
Yeah, it's like the most popular dremel part I think. A Swiss Army knife piece :) Nope, I dissemble anything. Just cut both sides and smoothed/sanded the middle with the same piece - the middle sticks out a bit if you take a look byou can chamfer/sand it back so you can fit a larger tank in. If you have a vice then put it in that as it can get hot, but you can take breaks.

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy from the other shore. I'm (well, the marina I keep my boat at is) 10 miles directly across the Bay from Rock Hall. Vaped my way over to Harbor Shack and Waterman's several times this summer.

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Always great to meet another Chesapeake Bay boater.

Attachments

• Bold Rascal03.JPG
    Bold Rascal03.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Howdy from the other shore. I'm (well, the marina I keep my boat at is) 10 miles directly across the Bay from Rock Hall. Vaped my way over to Harbor Shack and Waterman's several times this summer.
That's great isn't it :D

Hobby Kid

Brighton Boy
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol... Sure is. No trying to get a lighter to work. No ashes blowing all over the cockpit. No ashtrays to clean up. I can concentrate on driving the boat for a change...
No ash. Man that takes me back to cleaning out my cars. Do you live on your boat?

Bold Vapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice to meet you Pinky, and a fine welcome to you as well.

VU Sponsors