Become a Patron!

Hey y'all

veltos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've been an off and in smoker since college but in the last few years it's been mostly on. One of my friends suggested trying vaping a few years ago, and I tried one of those pen type devices but it didn't work out. So, here I am trying again, mainly for my kids. I got a new joytech aio and it's working out much better than last time, so I figured I would try to make vaping stick this go around. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 weeks now. I found this forum and have been browsing around trying to learn. There is so much information and I want to take the time to make sure I know what I'm doing before branching out. Y'all have already begun educating me, so I'd figure I'd introduce myself. Nice to meet ya!

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been an off and in smoker since college but in the last few years it's been mostly on. One of my friends suggested trying vaping a few years ago, and I tried one of those pen type devices but it didn't work out. So, here I am trying again, mainly for my kids. I got a new joytech aio and it's working out much better than last time, so I figured I would try to make vaping stick this go around. I haven't had a cigarette in 3 weeks now. I found this forum and have been browsing around trying to learn. There is so much information and I want to take the time to make sure I know what I'm doing before branching out. Y'all have already begun educating me, so I'd figure I'd introduce myself. Nice to meet ya!

Welcome, you CAN do it forever if you want to do it! I smoked over 40 years (started in earnest by 14, smoked when I could get them before that) and tried just about all of the other methods to quit over the years and maybe it was some because my resolve was stronger this time but it was over 3 years ago and we were having an incredibly cold winter stretch here in Iowa and we hadn't smoked in the house in a LOT of years so I got really sick of going out in sub-zero temperatures to have a smoke and decided to give vaping a fair chance. I had used one a bit for when I couldn't smoke but never really tried to stop smoking. Well we went and got decent mods and good tanks, a juice that seemed to fill my nicotine urge that tasted like tobacco (can't stand tobacco flavors now) and over 3 years later still smoke free and still vaping. Keep on vaping!

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU. I hope you stick it out, your lungs and kids will thank you.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:wave:

Keep at it and you will be amazed at what it can do for you

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member