Become a Patron!

hi all, i am new ^_^

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi everyone here, i am new and looking for good vaper for starting
currently i am looking smok gx350 kit for mainly using, and smok stick V8 kit for more portable using.
any suggestion? anything i should be aware of? which site is good in Canada BC?

thanks a lot everyone.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @jeschow and I hope you enjoy your stay!

In my opinion the GX350 is a bit much for a new vapor to be honest and that is just my opinion. The V8 Is still Sub Ohm I believe but less power. I started with an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini but not knowing if you were a smoker and how much, how long you smoked or if you did for that matter it is really hard to recommend what you should get. If you feel the GX350 is where you want to start go for it! Good Luck!

Last edited:

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome @jeschow and I hope you enjoy your stay!

In my opinion the GX350 is a bit much for a new vapor to be honest and that is just my opinion. The v8 Is still Sub Ohm I believe but less power. I started with an iStick TC40W and a Nautilus Mini but not knowing if you were a smoker and how much, how long you smoked or if you did for that matter it is really hard to recommend what you should get. If you feel the GX350 is where you want to start go for it! Good Luck!

thanks a lot for message my friend.
i notice there wasn't much info such like how much i smoke,
actually is me and my gf trying to quit or reduce to quit , we smoke mint favors cigarette for less than a pack for day
the reason why i look for GX350 is wanna set up once for all, doesn't really wanna keep switch different device and waste more money ><"
for the future i would like to start to build core and save more money as well ^^

btw, the V8 hopes works well for my gf since she smoke less than me

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Cutting down never worked for me I was just getting more nicotine and still smoking. My GF quit way before me using Cig-A-Likes and I have been using MODs for years now and finally got her to use a VV Pen Style with the Series-S from JAC Vapour. She used my Series-E and that was the end of the Cig-A-Likes for her.

pink-series-s-w1-v3.jpg

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cutting down never worked for me I was just getting more nicotine and still smoking. My GF quit way before me using Cig-A-Likes and I have been using MODs for years now and finally got her to use a VV Pen Style with the Series-S from JAC Vapour. She used my Series-E and that was the end of the Cig-A-Likes for her.

Hi Steve thanks for your reply again.
ya, we've been met someone having vaper on street, she told us she could use vaper completely replaced with cigarette, i understand e-juice have different level of nicotine. from 18mg to 0mg, that lady told us she could reduce the nicotine mg down to 0 for about a year, that's what we wanna try
i also done my research about even tho with vaper for nicotine, it still better than real cigarette, hope that's truth and works well for us ^^

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When I was first vaping I was at 18-24MG and occasionally 36MG. When I bought my first MOD I went right to 6MG with some 18MG around for those time where it was just in case I needed a kick. One month later I was at the 3MG I am at now and although I did experiment with 1.5MG I went back to 3MG because I did not enjoy it and say why vape at all at that low. But you must remember that is just me and you have to do what is right for you because no one can tell you how much you need or want. Totally a personal decision and some may feel they can suggest what is right for you but only you will now what is. I have a friend who vapes 48MG years after quitting so to each his own.

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
we are planing to start with 9, 12, 15mg, since we never tried which mg will fit
after months of research in fact just make us more confuse about what to get, since there are too many choices out there ><"

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it is pretty simple because your body will tell you when it is too much. Headache or stomach ache when you get too much Nicotine. Wears off pretty quick and no reason to run to the ER unless yo drank the bottle of e-Liquid! LMFAO

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hi steve, more question, hope u don't mind
which good online shopping site is more legit as you might refer to me? thanks a lot.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh man there are so many that I use from China to the UK and here in the USA. Easier to have you ask which one you want to use and I will say if I used them or now!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never heard of them and they are in Canada. Are you a Canadian? There are issues with customs from what I hear but I do not have any personal experience.

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ya, i am in Canada Vancouver BC
that's why i am trying to find a canadian website to avoid issue from customs for first time buying

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry I have no experience with Canadian Customs or shipping from Canada. I wish I knew who to tag off the top of my head who could help you on this.

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks a lot for your help already, i will check around if there are any recommend good site from Canada.

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It's Ontario but this is a solid shop... EDIT**** I think he may have a shop in Richmond as well..
Full Kit (5% off with coupon code "reddit" (no quotes) and he has free shipping on that item.

https://www.dashvapes.com/products/vape+mods+and+kits/1/smok+gx+350+kit/2526/20104

Edit 2** forgot to mention if this is something you worry about Dashvapes juice lab is ISO 9001Certified.

I've never actually tried their juice but it's good to know.

Another Ontario Shop but again solid
Just the mod (If you want to put the baby beast from your V8 on there)
https://www.canvape.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=SmokGX350A

Last edited:

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Hello @jeschow

I would say you to no need to look anymore if you already thinking to buy SMOK GX350 Mod. This mod maximum output to a staggering 350W, within a striking showcase piece that can handle four 18650 batteries. I have used this before and love the experience.
the SMOK GX350 Mod is specially designed by SMOKtech to create the strongest power with the most compact device it can possibly be, Measures 84.5mm by 58mm by 40.4mm in a poly-angular apparatus with soft contour all-around for ergonomic form factor and stunning impression.

Here you can go for check it's complete features and 27% discount offers: https://vapourdepot.com/product/hardware/mods/variable/smok-gx350-mod/

That's not a very good deal for him in Canada..

80$ CAD for the mod, then international shipping to Canada which is about 20-30$, then there's the Customs charge of 9-15$ CAD, then there's the actual import duties (5%) which is 4$.. for him to import it from you he'd be looking at 113$ to 130$ plus a much longer wait time.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Fasttech is legit. A little slow in delivery coming from China. I've heard it said to opt for the cheapest paid shipping rather than free shipping for a little faster delivery.

As far as I know, Vapesourcing is ok. I've heard nothing bad about them.

Cormic

Member For 3 Years
If it's an option at all, I'd suggest going to a vape shop to at least get a feel for some devices. Buying stuff online is great once you have an idea what your looking at, but unless you can check out some devices in person either at a store or from people you know you are taking a shot in the dark. This forum and others are a great resource for starting out when you do get going. Best of luck!

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it's an option at all, I'd suggest going to a vape shop to at least get a feel for some devices. Buying stuff online is great once you have an idea what your looking at, but unless you can check out some devices in person either at a store or from people you know you are taking a shot in the dark. This forum and others are a great resource for starting out when you do get going. Best of luck!

thanks Cormic, ya, we went to a local Vape shop and asking around some info, sales are just recommend us go for SMOK V8, personal i didn't really like that size since i brought something similar in a mall booth like years ago, didn't enjoy it ><"
so end up we didn't get anything and decided to do some research just like everything else, than we found out the price are like double from online price ><"
the big reason it holds us back which is this is just personal stuff, can't really tell what's good or bad unless really get yourself trying on it. which is not really a option for most ppl unlike we are famous youtuber getting more free stuff and just try on ^_^

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
hi guys, quick question if anyone around
what's different between
??

thanks a lot

In the strictest sense, there's really not a lot of difference, but I think the majority of vapers consider a clearomizer to be something like this:

ce4-clear2__44625_969a08af-e5c0-40e6-a0e1-397a0686940c_large.jpg

And some people expand their thinking to include this type of tank as well in the clearomizer category.

SMTFVB-4.jpg

Then an atomizer is actually anything attached to a mod that can produce vapor, but in some rare cases you see the term 'atomizer' used to define the coil that goes in a 'clearomizer' such as the Baby Beast tank shown above. The atomizer label also includes RDAs and RDTAs as well.

I believe the clearomizer term is a holdover from ancient times when the throwaway tanks in the first picture above were first introduced after vaping started becoming popular enough for companies to begin manufacturing gear dedicated to vaping. Don't take this as gospel, but from what I've gathered over the years, this explanation works for me. :)

Last edited:

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Hi and welcome! The beginning of the journey can be quite confusing. I actually didn't pick my first hardware set up, our 20 year old daughter brought home two Smok Stick V8 kits with the Big Baby beast and asked us to just try it.
I smoked 2 PAD for 23 years. In two weeks I was done with the cigarette for good. The Big baby V8 kit from Smok that you mentioned is amazing. I did upgrade to another mod, the Tesla 120 w with temp control but I really need only use it occasionally and use the stick all day everyday. But I really like tube mods, so I'm getting my first mech next week. But that requires some studying on ohms law and battery safety is huge.
I guess what I am saying is, the Smok Stick is excellent. The Big baby hits hard and with the right juice I'm am sure it could really get you in the road to quitting and it's also a piece of kit that more than likely you will continue to use even when you upgrade.
Good luck and please let us know how it works out for you.
Oh, and a huge thing for me was I NEEDED a liquid that tasted like tobacco and I still do. When I first quit using the Big Baby with it being sub ohm I was using 12mg within 2 weeks, 9 and then quickly to 6. I'm at 6mg now and very happy. And I still only Smoke Tobacco NETs and hybrids.
Huntress

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi and welcome! The beginning of the journey can be quite confusing. I actually didn't pick my first hardware set up, our 20 year old daughter brought home two Smok Stick V8 kits with the Big Baby beast and asked us to just try it.
I smoked 2 PAD for 23 years. In two weeks I was done with the cigarette for good. The Big baby V8 kit from Smok that you mentioned is amazing. I did upgrade to another mod, the Tesla 120 w with temp control but I really need only use it occasionally and use the stick all day everyday. But I really like tube mods, so I'm getting my first mech next week. But that requires some studying on ohms law and battery safety is huge.
I guess what I am saying is, the Smok Stick is excellent. The Big baby hits hard and with the right juice I'm am sure it could really get you in the road to quitting and it's also a piece of kit that more than likely you will continue to use even when you upgrade.
Good luck and please let us know how it works out for you.
Oh, and a huge thing for me was I NEEDED a liquid that tasted like tobacco and I still do. When I first quit using the Big Baby with it being sub ohm I was using 12mg within 2 weeks, 9 and then quickly to 6. I'm at 6mg now and very happy. And I still only Smoke Tobacco NETs and hybrids.
Huntress

BIG BIG BIG congratulation
ya, at the beginning, we were looking for v8 kit as well, but after some research online we quickly decide to go for something with external battery set.
since we don't wanna stick with battery issue and end up switch back to smoking cigarettes, once we started we wanna stay in vape instead
just yesterday i finally made my order ^_^
we are going for:
smok 2/4 kit
eleaf ikonn totoal
to begin with

jeschow

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
let's all help each other to have a better life without cigarettes ^_^

btw, soon i will get practicing on wicking own wire, hope i could learn some from u ^^

The Huntress

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
let's all help each other to have a better life without cigarettes ^_^

btw, soon i will get practicing on wicking own wire, hope i could learn some from u ^^
I'm at the beginning of the coil building journey right now. I'm doing tons of reading in Ohms law and batteries because I really like the tube mech mods. I'm actually getting one next week but I won't use it until I'm comfortable with my builds. But I'm really excited.
I bought a Tesla Steampunk 120w with TC but I'm not really liking it. It's too boxy and heavy. I'm going to stay with tubes, they are my thing.
So glad to have you on here!
Huntress

When I was first vaping I was at 18-24MG and occasionally 36MG. When I bought my first MOD I went right to 6MG with some 18MG around for those time where it was just in case I needed a kick. One month later I was at the 3MG I am at now and although I did experiment with 1.5MG I went back to 3MG because I did not enjoy it and say why vape at all at that low. But you must remember that is just me and you have to do what is right for you because no one can tell you how much you need or want. Totally a personal decision and some may feel they can suggest what is right for you but only you will now what is. I have a friend who vapes 48MG years after quitting so to each his own.
Me too......I started at 24 mg. of nicotine & now I sub-ohm using 3 to 6 mg. of nicotine.

Last edited by a moderator:

NineNine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
hi everyone here, i am new and looking for good vaper for starting
currently i am looking smok gx350 kit for mainly using, and smok stick V8 kit for more portable using.
any suggestion? anything i should be aware of? which site is good in Canada BC?

thanks a lot everyone.
Welcome @jeschow and enjoy your stay!

VU Sponsors