Become a Patron!

Hi All new vaper, good bye smokes

scoobasteve

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,
so a month now its been ive switched and bought an ego style rig then I broke it and I got a new Alien 220w with the baby beast and I love this one! It tastes so much better!!

I havent had an issue with going back to smokes at all though I do have a problem now with buying new mods and I now have so much ejuice and more on the way. Being in Australia we can't buy ejuice with nicotine.

Currently on 12mg and for some reason I keep getting dry hits! ive tried everything, im currently vaping at 25-30 watts anything above and I get a burnt taste. It's my second coil and I did everything right, it is a T8 coil.
Everytime I put it down or especially when I get up in the morning it takes a while for the dry hits to stop and I get it tasting good, so I put it down and it just keeps tasting harsh.

I'm vaping Max vg juice from https://vapourium.nz/ but it also happens with other ejuice like the milkman e juice

I'm now looking to build my own coils and ordering a 3d printed mod box, can't wait

love the forum, thank you!

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU
Can't give any suggestions for the baby beast, never had one, but I'd regard high VG juice as a likely culprit...

scoobasteve

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks mate, I actually just read another post and a youtube video and think its the gunk after 3-4 days and high VG juice, I also pinched and scratched the cottons on the wicking windows on the side of the coil heads and I changed to a new coil and bang it tastes like crap still?

scoobasteve

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if it persists im going to switch down to 60/40 juice till I get an RDA.. ill go from there I think

but another question, a new coil, the first few hits does it taste a bit off? thanks again everyone

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
if it persists im going to switch down to 60/40 juice till I get an RDA.. ill go from there I think

but another question, a new coil, the first few hits does it taste a bit off? thanks again everyone
If you're buying a new atomizer, an RDTA may be a better, more convenient choice than a pure RDA.
I've been a dripper-only guy for years, nowadays I use almost exclusively RDTA's - the likes of Avocado 24, Karma and so forth.
I'm getting lazy, I guess

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Glad to have you here

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
:wave:

Sorry, I have no advice on the BB either - but best of luck and welcome to VU

scoobasteve

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All!,
Problem solved!

So I put in a new coil, T8, I primed it and let it sit prior to installing it for about 20 min while I was skyping, then installed it and filled 80 % to allow for some vacuum effect. I started at 30 W and upped it in increments of 5w and stopped when I got to 55-60 when it got too hot. I used the max VG juice I got from New Zealand, also I fluffed the cotton and pinned an extra hole in the windows.

I also filled it with the air flow shut, as I solved a previous problem with leakage, I then sucked on it a few times to create a vacuum, then slightly opened the air flow again, sucked a few times. I then fired it up at 30W then as I said proceeded to ramp it up and the on 50 Watts something happened.....

I got a huge mouthful of vapor with flavor and intensity like ive never had before and felt like ive finally experienced what vaping is supposed to be like, it's like I actually had a mouth full of blueberry short cake, I could taste the hit of crust and vanilla, almost smooth like ice cream.

So then I decided to add a drop of some caramel I got from another shop it was 60/40 as apposed to max VG like the current juice. So even with a drop I took a hit and FUCK!! it was the juice, it tainted my whole tank and i had to empty and clean it again. I remember it was the juice that tasted so fucked up the first time, it had gunked up my previous coil and it's so un bearable I had to go brush my teeth

So I have figured out the problem, the type of juice, limited air flow, temp changes of the juice (because here in Alice Springs the middle of Australia at the moment, it ranges from -3 to 23 during the day and it makes the juice flow different)
I have also started doing a pull before I hit the fire button, just a short quick one before I have a hit)

So now im vaping at 50-55 watts and im actually vaping allot less and not sucking on it so frequently as I think im getting a proper nicotine hit and full flavor hit.

I have also noticed that a small difference in wattage brings out different flavor profiles of the liquid.

Thank you everyone for the help and suggestions, I love vaping and its turned into a hobby now for sure

big thanks!

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome to the underground :cheers: Glad you got it sorted!

VU Sponsors