Become a Patron!

Hi everybody! Been a member since early but haven't posted.

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi, name is John and I haven't been on ECF for a while and did forget to check at all after I joined

soon after the launch of this forum. I started following Vapor Joe's stuff right after I got in to vaping

late 2013, my son had said it was a good place to find deals. From there I had found ECF and joined

it and was active for a while and did learn a lot. Have a number of mods now including a mechanical

and a mechanical with built in kick, you can't use it without the kick in it unless you did some grinding

on it, the KTSII. I don't use either of them very often, only with the rda's when I play with those. As

soon as we got Nautilus tanks we were totally hooked on those even though we had been

cartomizer tank people (my wife and I).

We had vaped a little last year with some of our son's extra gear and then in December when it got

so unbelievable cold in the midwest we went to a local B&M and bought our first mods and carto

tanks. My wife got a Smoktek Zmax and I got a SID. We started vaping for real and she quit smoking

completely before the end of the year. It took me an additional 2 weeks of having a couple cigarettes

a day until I said that's it, I'm done and went vape only 1-13-14. Haven't had a cigarette since and

since I had smoked over a pack a day for over 40 years that still seems like a miracle to me! I had

tried gum, patches, drugs, nothing ever worked for any period of more than maybe a few days.

Vaping can be a miracle for smokers and it REALLY makes me mad that the FDA is now trying to

highly regulate the juices which will in effect hand the industry over to big business like the tobacco

lobby. The small guy won't be able to meet the regulations and there go the prices! So all of us need

to let our Congressional Delegation know how we feel about that! I have written letters through calls

to action from CAASA (I think I have that right) to my senators and congressional representatives

and if LOTS of people don't do that we WILL pay the price in the end. Since we started vaping 2 of

our sons and their spouses and some of their relatives took up vaping and quit smoking! It is like a

tidal wave and the tobacco industry knows it and wants to own it. Never underestimate the power of

these big, rich lobbies and the influence they can have on the federal government!

Unless we all speak out then it is a matter of time. Which is SO RIDICULOUS when you think about

it logically! I think there are far more hazards to the automotive exhaust we ALL inhale on a regular

basis than there could possibly be to both the person vaping and the so called second hand

exposure which I believe is negligible. Yet the federal government regulatory bodies want the power

to regulate just like tobacco! If we are so concerned about the exposure to that, then why haven't we

banned fossil fueled vehicles from being operated in an enclosed space? Clearly, that is a MUCH

higher risk! I guess it has to do with that would be unpopular with their constituencies, so we need to

let them know, this is BS and we won't stand for it!

Thanks for listening, just tired of money running government instead of it actually being "of, by and

for" the people, it is "for" corporations these days!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greetings and welcome!! :)

That said...whoa.
Paragraphs, you need them bro..

I have particularly shitty eyes and I'm just not even gonna try and read that wall, sorry.

jball49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, :-( I have cognitive issues from a brain disease and don't even think about how hard it is to read. Hope that helps!

DB Cigs

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the forum.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nice to meet you John, and welcome to the forum. I'm glad vaping has worked so well for you and your wife and family :)

bb0y

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wekcome to the forum, I completely agree with you 100% Vaping was the only method that worked for me to quit smoking. Everyone needs to get involved on a local and federal level advocating the benefits of personal vaporizers and their benefits.

xanadu0324

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Firstly, congrats on quitting to both you and your wife! It's nice to meet you!

VU Sponsors