Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Requested one at like 4:00a.m. this morning. Guess I need to wait for the mods to wake up, but I'm anxious to get it...kinda a badge of honor at this point, you know?

Yes it is! I was trying to report a moderators action abut Smokey Joe will defend them to their dying breath! They can do no wrong no matter how much proof you have!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi CC... I think I remember seeing you around ECF -- sounds like our "timing" is kinda similar, been vaping a bit over 2 yrs, smoke-free nearly 2, and was at ECF for a bit over 2 yrs -- and I smoked for 39 yrs before I found the way to stop! This really is a much better forum for real adults who like to be treated as adults, instead of nannied and chastised like kindergartners. ;) Welcome! :stars2:

Andria

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi folks. Joining the exodus from ECF and found my way here! Been vaping for 2 years, quit a 2-2.5 PAD 38 year cig habit the day I got my first vape gear. Looking forward to joining in here!
Welcome aboard CC.....!!

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi CC... I think I remember seeing you around ECF -- sounds like our "timing" is kinda similar, been vaping a bit over 2 yrs, smoke-free nearly 2, and was at ECF for a bit over 2 yrs -- and I smoked for 39 yrs before I found the way to stop! This really is a much better forum for real adults who like to be treated as adults, instead of nannied and chastised like kindergartners. ;) Welcome! :stars2:

Andria
Hi Andria!! I learned a lot from you and others on the other forum! Glad to see you again. I didn't post much over there after I saw things I wasn't comfortable with, but things seem different here. Congrats on the 2 years smoke free! I had to quit smoking, but nothing had worked, and I tried EVERYTHING (pills, hypnosis, auricular laser, patch, gum, lozenge, cold turkey). My Mom died too young of cancer, I then took over the care of my Dad who had end-stage COPD until he died and I smoked through it all. Then I had a heart attack at 40 yrs. old. and I tried all of the methods listed above with no success. I got my first vape gear in support of my best friend, thinking it wouldn't work but I wanted to help her quit. I (and she) haven't had a cig since I started vaping and I'm off all meds, 30 lbs lighter (without even trying!) , healthier overall! ECF was a great source of info with some really great people, but over time it has changed. I'll go there to see opinions on new products, but that's it. I saw the mods look the other way when members were being treated horribly, favoritism shown by mods, then members started disappearing for infractions (real or perceived) that, at most, deserved a slap on the wrist. I still don't understand why some members were "poofed"! Like my first marriage and my last job, I kept thinking it would get better.......it didn't!! Glad to see you're happy here Andria, and thanks for the welcome :wave:.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria!! I learned a lot from you and others on the other forum! Glad to see you again. I didn't post much over there after I saw things I wasn't comfortable with, but things seem different here. Congrats on the 2 years smoke free! I had to quit smoking, but nothing had worked, and I tried EVERYTHING (pills, hypnosis, auricular laser, patch, gum, lozenge, cold turkey). My Mom died too young of cancer, I then took over the care of my Dad who had end-stage COPD until he died and I smoked through it all. Then I had a heart attack at 40 yrs. old. and I tried all of the methods listed above with no success. I got my first vape gear in support of my best friend, thinking it wouldn't work but I wanted to help her quit. I (and she) haven't had a cig since I started vaping and I'm off all meds, 30 lbs lighter (without even trying!) , healthier overall! ECF was a great source of info with some really great people, but over time it has changed. I'll go there to see opinions on new products, but that's it. I saw the mods look the other way when members were being treated horribly, favoritism shown by mods, then members started disappearing for infractions (real or perceived) that, at most, deserved a slap on the wrist. I still don't understand why some members were "poofed"! Like my first marriage and my last job, I kept thinking it would get better.......it didn't!! Glad to see you're happy here Andria, and thanks for the welcome :wave:.

Won't be 2 yrs smoke-free till July 25, thx to my appendectomy and dual-use relapse afterward... but if it wasn't for WTA, I might STILL not be smoke-free! :D But that's ok, in 2 yrs of vaping I've gone from vaping every waking minute to less than 5ml per day, less than 5mg, so things are coming along nicely. :)

As for me, if I got rule reminders for actually breaking the rules, I wasn't happy but I took it like a big girl. But when I got suspended for something entirely in retarded1's imagination, and then he insulted me in email, I said ENOUGH! and came on over here. And damn glad to be here!

Andria

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome aboard CC.....!!
Thanks inspects! You're one of the ECF members I sought out for opinions and impressions of methods and products! I came to respect you because you freely shared your knowledge with others, always helpful, plus you seemed like such a nice person. We didn't personally interact, but you taught me a whole lot, thank you for that.

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Won't be 2 yrs smoke-free till July 25, thx to my appendectomy and dual-use relapse afterward... but if it wasn't for WTA, I might STILL not be smoke-free! :D But that's ok, in 2 yrs of vaping I've gone from vaping every waking minute to less than 5ml per day, less than 5mg, so things are coming along nicely. :)

As for me, if I got rule reminders for actually breaking the rules, I wasn't happy but I took it like a big girl. But when I got suspended for something entirely in retarded1's imagination, and then he insulted me in email, I said ENOUGH! and came on over here. And damn glad to be here!

Andria
Yeah, I watched things unfold as best I could, with you, Roxy and some others, which is why I said "perceived infractions". I won't pretend to understand what's going on at ECF Andria, but I know that you and Roxy walked away, heads high and refusing to capitulate. You won a petty "war" that they started. ECF lost 2 valuable members and many more followed you both here! I won't post there because in my eyes it's condoning bad behavior that has gone unchecked. I recently found an old thread at ECF that had a poster with neurological problems (he was having brain surgery and had difficulty articulating his thoughts) and members were ridiculing him because his posts were difficult to understand. He continued to post, trying to clarify, and the cruel comments escalated. He wasn't confrontational, he didn't get defensive, he just wanted some information. He finally explained his condtion and most backed off a little, but he finally took their advice and left the thread. No admonishment by a mod, no one "vanished" from the forum, but what upset me the most was the lack of empathy by the other posters, including a forum supplier. Those are not people I want to interact with. The ridiculous disparity in rule enforcement is what made my decision to leave easy. Always remember that YOU walked away from ECF on your terms, so you prevailed!! You found a new home with people who obviously care about you....what could be better?

VU Sponsors