Become a Patron!

Hi I am new to vaping. I need help.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
I am currently using this 48 in 1 prebuilt coils.
I just want to ask which one here is best for clouds and what is the recommended settings? I am using a regulated mod. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Do you even know what the coil metal is in that kit? I don't think those would be suitable for TC unless you knew. Any one of them could be used for chasing clouds in the right setup on a regulated mod. @f1r3b1rd may be able to assist with the TC bit.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
Do you even know what the coil metal is in that kit? I don't think those would be suitable for TC unless you knew. Any one of them could be used for chasing clouds in the right setup on a regulated mod. @f1r3b1rd may be able to assist with the TC bit.

Sorry but I dont know what metals is on this kit. Im trying to reasearch but I cannot see specific information. That is why I ended up asking.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That sounds like a demon killer kit to me. I don't know I think they might all be Kanthal. It should say the material on top of one of the little hatches that holds the individual types of coil.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
That sounds like a demon killer kit to me. I don't know I think they might all be Kanthal. It should say the material on top of one of the little hatches that holds the individual types of coil.
i checked on it. but it doesnt say the metal its made of. it only says what type of coil is it.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry I missed it. My error. Anyway, since the type of metal is unknown I would stick to wattage mode when using these. I'm suspecting, given the resistance listed, that they are Kanthal.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
Sorry I missed it. My error. Anyway, since the type of metal is unknown I would stick to wattage mode when using these. I'm suspecting, given the resistance listed, that they are Kanthal.

I tried the alien clapton and it is the one installed now. I am using wattage mode currently at 80w and the fire is so weak.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year

I am currently on this settings. is this fine or should I raise the wattage more?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They will definitely be Kanthal or some kind of Kanthal mix. TC sucks anyways.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am currently on this settings. is this fine or should I raise the wattage more?

That is entirely up to you.

It's a trial and error sort of thing until you get the vape that works for you and doesn't burn up.

Are you running dual or single coil? What atomizer are you running the coils in?

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
That is entirely up to you.

It's a trial and error sort of thing until you get the vape that works for you and doesn't burn up.

Are you running dual or single coil? What atomizer are you running the coils in?

I am running a dual coil rda.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
Simply adjust the wattage up or down until you get the vape that pleases you. It's very subjective. I personally vape anywhere from 15w to 120w depending on the device and/or juice.
Ill give it a try. Thank you very much for the advise.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One more thing, those coils while inexpensive aren't very good. I'd suggest looking into something a little better. Coilology makes decent coils for not too much money. Many here also like coils from Advanced Vape Supply. Additionally coils made from better quality wire will last longer.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Like was said, those are kA1 coils. If you want to run TC, you'll need SS .
Many places to get good ss coils. Personally I use either lightening vapes or advanced vape supply.
Youll also want a mod that's known to be effective with TC. I'm not sure how good smok is with it. But in the end, tc can be finicky. Atty, build and mod all go into the puzzle to make it a good experience. I use it alot with my dna mods, but anything else I just use straight wattage or voltage. If you really want to try tc, many of us are happy to help. If you just want a good, satisfying vape experience it looks like you're there.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
One more thing, those coils while inexpensive aren't very good. I'd suggest looking into something a little better. Coilology makes decent coils for not too much money. Many here also like coils from Advanced Vape Supply. Additionally coils made from better quality wire will last longer.

I will definitely take note of that. Will not buy this kind of kit anymore.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
Like was said, those are kA1 coils. If you want to run TC, you'll need SS .
Many places to get good ss coils. Personally I use either lightening vapes or advanced vape supply.
Youll also want a mod that's known to be effective with TC. I'm not sure how good smok is with it. But in the end, tc can be finicky. Atty, build and mod all go into the puzzle to make it a good experience. I use it alot with my dna mods, but anything else I just use straight wattage or voltage. If you really want to try tc, many of us are happy to help. If you just want a good, satisfying vape experience it looks like you're there.

I just thought of TC because the first time I tried this coils. It doesnt fire so good on wattage. Thats why i thought of asking about tc. But it looks like tc is kinda complicated.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC can be complicated. Now you may very well be much smarter than I and will be able to grasp it better. Personally I find it more of a pain in the ass. I'm a simpleton and prefer simple wattage.

I'm sure at one point or another most of us have used those coil kits and if it came down to those or not vaping I would use them again.

Many end up settling on either Nichrome 80 (N80 or Ni80) or stainless steel (ss316l). Those metals offer a good balance between flavor and ramp up time making for a more satisfying vape. That's not to say that Kanthal (KA1) is bad. It absolutely has it's place.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I just thought of TC because the first time I tried this coils. It doesnt fire so good on wattage. Thats why i thought of asking about tc. But it looks like tc is kinda complicated.
It can be, but it's like alot of vaping. There is just a learning curve in some cases. With the newer dna boards, it's been remarkably simplified.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TC can be complicated. Now you may very well be much smarter than I and will be able to grasp it better. Personally I find it more of a pain in the ass. I'm a simpleton and prefer simple wattage.

I'm sure at one point or another most of us have used those coil kits and if it came down to those or not vaping I would use them again.

Many end up settling on either Nichrome 80 (N80 or Ni80) or stainless steel (ss316l). Those metals offer a good balance between flavor and ramp up time making for a more satisfying vape. That's not to say that Kanthal (KA1) is bad. It absolutely has it's place.
I only use ka1 for mtl: or, f I need to raise the raise the resistance for a hexohm lll run a strand of 28g parallel with quad core Clapton wire.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
May I suggest and ask a couple of things? First, you do realize that if you are using dual coils, both coils need to be the same, correct?

Secondly, I would find a pair of coils from your kit with a lower metal mass. The fancy ones look cooler, but in Kanthal they won't necessarily vape better. I'd try a pair of the fused Claptons rather than the Aliens, for now. For the resistance you want, try the coil with the least amount of metal in it. Less metal, less time to heat up.

Nichrome 80 and stainless steel have a much faster ramp-up time than Kanthal. When I first started out I bought some coils similar to yours, and believe me, those cheap coils are just discouraging. Good coils will make all the difference in the world.

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
May I suggest and ask a couple of things? First, you do realize that if you are using dual coils, both coils need to be the same, correct?

Secondly, I would find a pair of coils from your kit with a lower metal mass. The fancy ones look cooler, but in Kanthal they won't necessarily vape better. I'd try a pair of the fused Claptons rather than the Aliens, for now. For the resistance you want, try the coil with the least amount of metal in it. Less metal, less time to heat up.

Nichrome 80 and stainless steel have a much faster ramp-up time than Kanthal. When I first started out I bought some coils similar to yours, and believe me, those cheap coils are just discouraging. Good coils will make all the difference in the world.

Yes. I am using the same coils. Ill use a simpler one. Your advice makes me learn a lot. Thank you

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you are looking to find your "perfect" coil I suggest you start veering yourself away from already made up coils. You are going to need to start building your own in order to get a better sense of what does what. I too have dabbled with already made up coils. You can find some decent ones but you genuinely may not find what you're seeking. Even if you do the next coil you think will be the same as your ideal coil, won't be.

The only way for getting what you want is to buy the wire you need, build your own. Doing that is not as difficult as it may seem either. We have forums here, Builder's Corner for one, where people can guide you through questions. There's also a lot of stuff on YouTube explaining the how to/s of different style coils. As already mentioned Advanced Vapor Supply offers good wire to use. You also might try TEMCo, who create industrial wire. For stainless steel wire on their site you'll need to look under nonresistance wire. Stainless steel wire seems the most suggested for temp control devices.

I use Stainless, NiChrome 80, Kanthal A1 all in combinations or each type on its own respectively. Then, I do not use temp control but a single cell 18650 mech mod. I have found I like sub-ohm-ing with coils that produce roughly 0.30 to 0.50 ohms of resistance. There are many others here and elsewhere that like that range of coils as well.

Doing sub ohm coils does not need to imply exploding batteries either. We save the batteries that tell us they are going to explode for our enemies, people who lack sense enough to realize batteries don't talk for example. So if you use a little sense you can avoid battery issues. Be aware though one can use all the sense in the world, sometimes you are still needing to pull a hot battery out of a mod. It happens. So ultimately, a little sense and a little caution can keep you relatively safe.

Also just something to consider if you're getting weak fire to your coils, swap out batteries with fully charged ones. You might have batteries going low. That too happens. :)

Gerald123

Member For 1 Year
If you are looking to find your "perfect" coil I suggest you start veering yourself away from already made up coils. You are going to need to start building your own in order to get a better sense of what does what. I too have dabbled with already made up coils. You can find some decent ones but you genuinely may not find what you're seeking. Even if you do the next coil you think will be the same as your ideal coil, won't be.

The only way for getting what you want is to buy the wire you need, build your own. Doing that is not as difficult as it may seem either. We have forums here, Builder's Corner for one, where people can guide you through questions. There's also a lot of stuff on YouTube explaining the how to/s of different style coils. As already mentioned Advanced Vapor Supply offers good wire to use. You also might try TEMCo, who create industrial wire. For stainless steel wire on their site you'll need to look under nonresistance wire. Stainless steel wire seems the most suggested for temp control devices.

I use Stainless, NiChrome 80, Kanthal A1 all in combinations or each type on its own respectively. Then, I do not use temp control but a single cell 18650 mech mod. I have found I like sub-ohm-ing with coils that produce roughly 0.30 to 0.50 ohms of resistance. There are many others here and elsewhere that like that range of coils as well.

Doing sub ohm coils does not need to imply exploding batteries either. We save the batteries that tell us they are going to explode for our enemies, people who lack sense enough to realize batteries don't talk for example. So if you use a little sense you can avoid battery issues. Be aware though one can use all the sense in the world, sometimes you are still needing to pull a hot battery out of a mod. It happens. So ultimately, a little sense and a little caution can keep you relatively safe.

Also just something to consider if you're getting weak fire to your coils, swap out batteries with fully charged ones. You might have batteries going low. That too happens. :)

Thank you very much for a well detailed reply. This helps me a lot. Ill take note of this. This is very much appreciated.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I am running a dual coil rda.

With the RDA. What brand / model is it?

Some RDA's will work poorly if the coils are positioned wrong.
They may be a little too high or low from the airflow and it can throw everything off.

Also, What kind of wick are you using?

VU Sponsors