Become a Patron!

Hi, I'm spitball.

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster.

So i tried quitting smoking around 2012, when the first ecigs came out. I went about 6 months or so without a cigarette. My problem with those was that it hurt my cheeks. Like blowing up balloons all day. So i fell back.
So fast forward to a couple months ago, i dove in again. A lot of my co-workers on the railroad vape, so i figured I'd give it another shot.
So i went to my local vape shop and purchased a Smok x priv, and some juice.
What a world of a difference! I
It was all going great until I ran out of juice on one of my train trips, and last minute bought more cigarettes. Then continued to go back and forth up until 3 days ago.

Now i have sworn off smoking again. Hopefully for good this time. Now that I'm learning more about it, it's becoming easier. The biggest point is changing coils more often. I go through a coil per week.

Tried getting the wife into it but she's stubborn. She enjoys the smell, so much that she lets me vape inside. Which is also a huge bonus for my hotel stays at work.

So my next adventure will be learning to build my own coils. I ordered an rta last night. I heard that they last much longer than the standard tank coils, they are cheaper, and it turns it into more of a hobby.

Anyways, I'm sorry for the long post, like i said, I've been reading this site for a while, and have been procrastinating posting. So there's a lot I've wanted to say!
I'm open to any tips, suggestions, questions or statements!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
WTG on your travels to not smoke :wave:

What RTA did you get?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to VU :wave:

And congratulations

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Check out the Builder's Corner to get you going on your coil building.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hiya Spitball welcome aboard, good luck with the building

don’t hesistate to ask in the build section if you encounter issues or want to learn techniques,

You’ll see a contents page stickied for all the main threads also join us in the show us your builds it’s great seeing people come along :cheers:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Congrats on making the decision to quit smoking. We look forward to having you.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hello and welcome. YT taught me to build and wick. Much easier than you would imagine.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Spitball and I hope you enjoy your stay~!

Congratulations on quitting smoking and just keep rolling........

giphy.gif

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome-

Congrats on quitting cigarettes by vaping!
I am glad you signed on!

:wave:

VU Sponsors