Become a Patron!

HIC's 3 MILKY MUSKETEERS

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I do not understand how people are getting musketeers. Im using VT nic, required flavors, and I imported this recipe into e-liquid recipes. I've let it steeped and tried it fresh. Using a brand new coil, even with temperature control. What am I doing wrong? Is it because I am mixing at 70/30 and 80/20 vg/pg ?

I would only suggest mixing this if you are vaping it under 30w, in fact quite a way under. As many people including the creator Im sure have said the cocoa tastes burnt higher up. I always vape much higher and have mixed this a couple of times vaping it @ 40-50w. Only on one dripper has it tasted nice on, the others all horrible, which has nothing to do with the mix from the taste I got in the one dripper, but a lot to do with that cocoa. Of course taste is also subjective blah blah. Im still yet to have a chocolate I have loved. FA works well for on its own as a real subtle backnote in some recipes for me, TFA White chocolate is nice enough but really isnt chocolate tasting at all, to me its like white icing with all the sugar taken out so a bit bland. I recently tried Inawera duets: strawberry & milk chocolate and also a pear and chocolate, both were absolutely rancid, along with cuban supreme the worst concentrates I have tasted by what I class as great concentrate vendors generally. Final effort is TFA bittersweet chocolate and then I give up on choc vapes.
This recipe for me is a really good one, for people that dont sub ohm, otherwise personally it generally really doesnt work and will just gunk the hell out of your coils for the hassle of it too. If they are still on here rather than moved to his own site I would recommend if you sub ohm the sugary apple almond pie/tart, presidents prickly margarita and lemon torrone parfait of the ones I have mixed from the vast hic list. For me personally these were the simplest to mix yet most gourmet type and authentic tasting of those I have tried though Im sure others opinions would be different.

retrox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
28 watts is as high as I dare to go with any recipe that contains FA Cocoa, and even that's pushing it. It does scorch. CAP Chocolate Fudge Brownie (v1) is the best standalone chocolate I've had. It plays nicer with high power and also wrecks coils. But the good stuff has the naughty stuff in it, as usual.

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just made this recipe and absolutely love it!! Thank You HIC! I made the original recipe. I am vaping it right now in my TFV4 sub ohm tank @70 watts and I get no burnt tastes from chocolate as others mentioned. I taste a sweet chocolate, creamy, light and fluffy....I wish I could eat it lol.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
vaping it right now in my TFV4 sub ohm tank @70 watts and I get no burnt tastes from chocolate as others mentioned.

wow! very nice to hear ... had some issue with this when switching up tanks before taking a hiatus from vaping. Just getting back into vaping now and of course made up a batch of HIC's 3M - but am starting off low wattage as have definitely had the burnt taste. Just wanted to ask Kimsmm, if you were running TC on that TFV and if you are still getting away with this mix at that power?

kimsmm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Didn't have temp control on no. I believed it was a quad coil at .3? I'm not sure at the moment I've been stuck on HIC's Lemon Meringue Pie as of late. My palate changes at the drop of a dime. I do like to fire up my RDA and do rounds on my flavors I've put on the back burner every now and again. I wonder what the 3M tastes like now after a big steep?

Last edited:

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the Starbucks Milky Way variation of this... Holy hell this is my favorite coffee vape! I could ADV it in 3 pipes!

HIC - I have EVERYTHING on that list except for AP. I have plenty of FA cookie. Can I put a touch of cookie in as I hear it has AP in it? Please let me know how much you'd test with, this sounds really good and can't wait to try it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC - I have EVERYTHING on that list except for AP. I have plenty of FA cookie. Can I put a touch of cookie in as I hear it has AP in it? Please let me know how much you'd test with, this sounds really good and can't wait to try it.

I wouldn't like it without the ap - it's the key to getting chocolate right in this recipe.
But don't let my opinion stop you from trying if it sounds good to you!

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can only get CAP Hot Cocoa and TFA Chocolate. Would that work?

IMO sadly 'NO' , this recipe seems very fine tuned for the flavors listed, the CAP/TFA are very different ...
this is one of my favorites and definitely worth getting the right ingredients for! ...only change i make with this is I lower the AP to .05 or .1%
Sweet spot for me is a 4 week steep (killer wait but soooo good ! lol

(of course not to say that other combinations wouldn't be good (ya never know till you try (thats why it's DIY!) )

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
IMO sadly 'NO' , this recipe seems very fine tuned for the flavors listed, the CAP/TFA are very different ...
this is one of my favorites and definitely worth getting the right ingredients for! ...only change i make with this is I lower the AP to .05 or .1%
Sweet spot for me is a 4 week steep (killer wait but soooo good ! lol

(of course not to say that other combinations wouldn't be good (ya never know till you try (thats why it's DIY!) )

Yea, I wanted to really try this out but our supplier doesn't have FA Cocoa and Chocolate :(

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

yeah as soon as I posted i thought to myself .. why am I assuming he's in the US !? probably closest would be australia but am seeing that it is problematic ... :sad:

this was one of very few that I found that might be able to ship to you http://www.juicewhore.com.au/shipping

also would check with FlavourArt themselves ... http://flavourart.com/en/

I know these are not ideal or cheap but a couple of options to try anyway..

Shiminifonglay

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

yeah as soon as I posted i thought to myself .. why am I assuming he's in the US !? probably closest would be australia but am seeing that it is problematic ... :sad:

this was one of very few that I found that might be able to ship to you http://www.juicewhore.com.au/shipping

also would check with FlavourArt themselves ... http://flavourart.com/en/

I know these are not ideal or cheap but a couple of options to try anyway..

Yea, I want to try them out soon. Saving up as much recipes as possible, so when more flavorings arrive at the nearest supplier I'd be able to taste them :D

Swerved

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good Lord, @HeadInClouds!! This is awesome! I made some a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't happy with how it turned out; never can seem to nail the chocolate flavor I want. However, I checked it again last night with a fresh coil and wick and oh my damn!! Thanks a bunch for this, as I'm gonna have lots of fun playing with variants of this one. The only change I made was using CAP Caramel because I ran out of FA... Hats off to you!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks again HIC, copy & pasted to recipe book....!

I've just ordered all the concentrates needed for what looks like a delicious recipe! Sadly I didn't read all the comments before diving in. So quick question: could I just omit the FA cocoa ? Or is it crucial to the mix? I usually vape around 80w on my dripper
Thanks in advance

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is an awesome recipe! .. 80w is high tho , chocolate tends to burn at higher wattages, but some have reported good results anywayz... I think it depends on the whole setup vs just the power used. I always use low wattage for this one. Will leave the 'crucial to the mix' question for HIC .. but will weigh in with an 'I think so...' :cool:

Welcome to VU!~

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
could I just omit the FA cocoa ? Or is it crucial to the mix? I usually vape around 80w on my dripper

With FA Cocoa, you have two choices: turn your wattage down a bit, or keep FA Cocoa at just 0.25%. I think you'd still get good flavor with just that little bit, but in my opinion this recipe wouldn't taste right if you left it out completely.

Great news ! At 0.5-1% cocoa stand alone I'm getting no burnt taste at All! Bad news- Torrone . I'm not sure if it's just me, i get this horrible chemical odour and taste fdrom it. Mixed up the recipe exactly as stated and it just ruined everything luckily it was only a 50ml i mixed up. Left the Torrone out of the next batch and the flavour profile is good but I can tell its missing the ingredient to turn it from a milk Carmel chocolate to a full on chocolate bar. Anyways going to let it steep a while to see if any magic happen

VU Sponsors