HIC's ALMOND ROCA BUTTER COOKIES

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Almond Roca Butter Cookies recipe: very rich butter cookies with browned edges, toffee, chocolate, and toasted almonds

1.5% FA Cookie
1% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Chocolate (OR just use an extra 0.5% FA Cocoa for darker chocolate flavor)
0.5% FA Butterscotch
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Marzipan (OR 0.5% FA Nut Mix OR 1% FA Walnut)
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra

Marzipan adds rich almond flavor and, along with Brown Sugar Extra, gives Cookie a browned-edges effect. FA Nut Mix, FA Walnut, and other true nut flavors will work nearly as well, but 'almond' flavorings will not.

Adding 0.5% Coconut is even tastier to me, but then it doesn't taste as much like Roca candies.

Adding 0.5% Espresso makes an excellent Starbucks-y flavor (with or without the Coconut).

Shake it, let it sit overnight, shake again! It gets richer and smoother after sitting a while.

Last edited:

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I cant believe it I have everything but marzipan but I do have fa walnut and fa coconut and fa espresso for all the variations as well. Doing it right now. I will try the marzipan next time I need flavors. LOL I vape coffee almost exclusively for pleasure. Its Just my thing but I am looking forward to this in all variations.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely. I will have something down by saturday depending and then followups as it steeps.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made up this flavor and I liked it. I liked it with the coconut. I made it with walnut bc I did not have marzipan but Im going to order it next time I place an order. With walnut it could be a little sweeter and the marzipan should settle that issue. The espresso was not my favorite in this juice. It steeped nicely in 2 days. I flavor bumped it on the butterscotch, chocolate, caramel, brown sugar 1 drop each and 3 drops more of cookie in a 30ml. That's not a criticism, that is just for me. This is kind of an elegant flavor in that it grows on you a little bit. I'm going to add a little bit of coconut candy by tfa to see if that sweetens it a little. Hope you have fun with it as I did.

Mixman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
BTW I vaped it on a Dreambox using a legend and the potentiometer (sp?) was set in a middle setting so as not to burn the flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made up this flavor and I liked it. I liked it with the coconut. I made it with walnut bc I did not have marzipan but Im going to order it next time I place an order. With walnut it could be a little sweeter and the marzipan should settle that issue. The espresso was not my favorite in this juice. It steeped nicely in 2 days. I flavor bumped it on the butterscotch, chocolate, caramel, brown sugar 1 drop each and 3 drops more of cookie in a 30ml. That's not a criticism, that is just for me. This is kind of an elegant flavor in that it grows on you a little bit. I'm going to add a little bit of coconut candy by tfa to see if that sweetens it a little. Hope you have fun with it as I did.

Thanks for posting back, Mixman! Marzipan is one of the sweetest FA flavorings; I think you'll be really pleased with that flavor! I have a sweet tooth, too, and my Marzipan gets lots of use.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All Day Vape? -- Wow, your sweet tooth is enormous! Thank you for your VBV® award :)
Thank you for the great recipie. My better half likes this too....... as well as my 30 year old daughter. Im mixing up another batch with the coconut now. The Wife loves some coconut. Thanks for the additional percentages Hic. Your my one stop DIY recipie shop. :D

Edit: Just added .5 Coconut.....then an additional .5 totaling 1.0 Coconut. The wife loves it. ;)

Last edited:

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup!! Loving it here too!!! Thanks!

I've got everything for this besides the FA Butterscotch, is this doable with TFA Butterscotch as a substitute and if so how much would you recommend?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've got everything for this besides the FA Butterscotch, is this doable with TFA Butterscotch as a substitute and if so how much would you recommend?

I think you'll get the flavor of buttered-candy cookies. I wouldn't change the percent, but make a small batch to see if it's too buttery for you.

I think you'll get the flavor of buttered-candy cookies. I wouldn't change the percent, but make a small batch to see if it's too buttery for you.

I made this yesterday and idk if my tongue was overworked (long diy/flavor testing session) or it hadn't blended well enough yet but I wasn't impressed, tried it again tonight and it's amazing! You're a god damned magician!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this yesterday and idk if my tongue was overworked (long diy/flavor testing session) or it hadn't blended well enough yet but I wasn't impressed, tried it again tonight and it's amazing! You're a god damned magician!

LOL - thank you! I shake and vape whenever possible, hate to steep...so when I say it's better after it sits, most people will find it's true.
I'm really glad you like it!

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, made this last night and just filled a tank. It's awesome! Another for my daily rotation. Thank you again.

The above is a post i made in August, and when I was primarily using Aerotanks. Since then I have acquired and primarily use Russian 91% RBA clones. Over the last month or so have basically given up on this juice. It has developed what I would call an obnoxious flavor. I have changed and cleaned coils and wicks and kept getting the same result...yuk, so I assumed the flavors had blended and converted to something I really didn't like.

Well, just for the heck of it, this morning I filled an Aerotank from the same juice bottle and tried it, and it's back to awesome. What the heck :confused: Has anyone had a similar experience using different style tanks? Or an explanation of what might be happening? I don't get it ?????

And no, that bottle of Almond Roca Butter Cookie is back to being one of my favorites, instead of getting dumped :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The above is a post i made in August, and when I was primarily using Aerotanks. Since then I have acquired and primarily use Russian 91% RBA clones. Over the last month or so have basically given up on this juice. It has developed what I would call an obnoxious flavor. I have changed and cleaned coils and wicks and kept getting the same result...yuk, so I assumed the flavors had blended and converted to something I really didn't like.

Well, just for the heck of it, this morning I filled an Aerotank from the same juice bottle and tried it, and it's back to awesome. What the heck :confused: Has anyone had a similar experience using different style tanks? Or an explanation of what might be happening? I don't get it ?????

And no, that bottle of Almond Roca Butter Cookie is back to being one of my favorites, instead of getting dumped :)

Cocoa burns easily - most likely you're running the russian at lower ohms than the aerotank?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Different wicking material/airflow? If it's the same difference as the fogger/nautilus, the flavor is really muted in the nautilus as opposed to the fogger. Also one is wicked with rayon and the other with silica/whatever.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I recently had a similar experience with a different recipe. Dripper with rayon vs protank with cotton. Rayon ended up going into my protank after that and I'm a happy camper. I have HIC'S macaroon bar going :)

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Huck, I've been using rayon for all my wicks. Just picked up some Japanese cotton to try with this tank and juice. I hope it makes a difference.

sturat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made one like this with out the chocolate, It had a very heavy coca flavor, not bad but not what I thought it would be. Wonder if adding the chocolate will tame the coca down?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made one like this with out the chocolate, It had a very heavy coca flavor, not bad but not what I thought it would be. Wonder if adding the chocolate will tame the coca down?

FA Cocoa by itself is a very dark flavor, and a little bitter around the edges, like baking cocoa is.
FA Chocolate by itself is like the flavor of chocolate liquor - from an early stage of cocoa production and an ingredient of lots of chocolate products.
I usually use both as a base in chocolate vapes, just like actual chocolate often contains both cocoa and chocolate liquor (cocoa mass, cocoa solids...)

Combined in different ratios, and with certain other flavors, you can get a full range of chocolate and candy flavors, from sweet and milky hot chocolate to bitter dark chocolate, from boozy liqueur flavors to kiddie chocolates - a range to satisfy most anyone looking for any chocolate flavor.

Including only Cocoa definitely makes darker chocolate flavor than Almond Roca candy, so it sounds like you do want the Chocolate, too.
One other note, when I notice that a little rest time really improves the results, I note it in my recipe. This is one of those, because of the Walnut/Marzipan, which can take a while to smooth out other flavors.

sturat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
FA Cocoa by itself is a very dark flavor, and a little bitter around the edges, like baking cocoa is.
FA Chocolate by itself is like the flavor of chocolate liquor - from an early stage of cocoa production and an ingredient of lots of chocolate products.
I usually use both as a base in chocolate vapes, just like actual chocolate often contains both cocoa and chocolate liquor (cocoa mass, cocoa solids...)

Combined in different ratios, and with certain other flavors, you can get a full range of chocolate and candy flavors, from sweet and milky hot chocolate to bitter dark chocolate, from boozy liqueur flavors to kiddie chocolates - a range to satisfy most anyone looking for any chocolate flavor.

Including only Cocoa definitely makes darker chocolate flavor than Almond Roca candy, so it sounds like you do want the Chocolate, too.
One other note, when I notice that a little rest time really improves the results, I note it in my recipe. This is one of those, because of the Walnut/Marzipan, which can take a while to smooth out other flavors.
I added the chocolate yesterday and man what a big improvement. I made this for the wife and she is digging it. Cant wait for it to settle a few more days.

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
Been lusting over this one, but didn't have all the flavors to attempt it yet. Finally got them in last night and mixed some up this morning with the 0.5% coconut. Normally I increase the percent up because I'm a flavor junkie, but opted not to do that this time. This rediculously delicious. Thank you for sharing your mixology skills with the rest of us HIC. This makes staying off the analogs pleasurable.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hey @HeadInClouds just wondering if you have a recipe for just some plain chocolate chip cookies? im not too experienced with these chocolate vapes yet just wondering what you think

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
hey @HeadInClouds just wondering if you have a recipe for just some plain chocolate chip cookies? im not too experienced with these chocolate vapes yet just wondering what you think

I've tried that a couple times but wasn't happy with the results until I added some flavors with 'custard note' ingredients for the butter flavor. I try to avoid posting recipes with those ingredients, and I haven't found a suitable sub for choc chip cookies yet. Hopefully I'll eventually do that!

Fantastic recipe!! I find it close in taste to your milky musketeers, HIC, but this recipe ages a whole lot better.
5 days and it is unbelievably smoooth...! :)
Thak you - it's going in to rotation.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Fantastic recipe!! I find it close in taste to your milky musketeers, HIC, but this recipe ages a whole lot better.
5 days and it is unbelievably smoooth...! :)

On the musketeer or other recipes that are best fresh, you can make a bottle of flavorings-only ( like this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/how-to-mix-small-batches-of-complex-recipes.1980/ ) so you can mix a fresh batch easily, any time. It stays fresh that way - steeping clock doesn't start until you add your nic base.

atssec97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have got to try this one!! Sounds amazing!

Edit!!
Mixed this up today and gave it a long hot bath and it is very very tasty! One day when I grow up I wanna be just like @HeadInClouds !!!!! Kind, Generous and a true mixologist!!!
Thank you so much for sharing all these delicious Juices!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors