Not open for further replies.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I hate you HIC, but in fact I think I love you. I have all of those flavors and have been on a banana kick lately with my ADVs. Will mix this up as soon as I get my batch orders done!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Man this is good. Oh yeah BANANA! I can taste it! Thanks HIC. I've never had bananas foster but I'm serious diggin this.

Wow, you mix fast! Thanks for trying it, Edd - and I'm glad you're diggin it :)

Reactions: Edd

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - banana AND rum, totally up your alley!
I need to check for the cheescake real quick but if I have it ill be mixing it asap. this recipe is like a list of my favorite flavors all in one vape ! hahaha

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
never had a bananas foster but I like this! thanks for the share HIC.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was amazingly good a couple hours after I mixed it last night. This morning I kinda wish it had a little less espresso flavor, though still very good. I'll give it a few days before thinking about adjusting. I know, sometimes, espresso will mellow a bit.

Thanks for another awesome recipe, HIC!

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This was amazingly good a couple hours after I mixed it last night. This morning I kinda wish it had a little less espresso flavor, though still very good. I'll give it a few days before thinking about adjusting. I know, sometimes, espresso will mellow a bit.

Thanks for another awesome recipe, HIC!

I just tried the Banana Foster I made last night and came on line to offer a comment about the expresso, and you beat me to it. I hesitated when I mixed it last night, and was going to leave out the Expresso. But I followed the recipe exactly as HIC posted it and all I taste today is cinnamon and expresso. I think I'll wait for the Master Mixer (HIC) to comment before trying to adjust. :)

HIC, you know this is not a dig or criticism, just feedback from a different set of tastebuds, coming off an Aerotank on a new Eleaf Istick. Thanks for sharing your expertise with us.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
coming off an Aerotank on a new Eleaf Istick.

That part caught my eye. In my opinion, FA Espresso tastes stronger as you vape with increasing power, eventually harsh. TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust and FA Vienna Cream (and Caramel to a lesser extent) taste less rich/creamy to me as the power rises. I don't drip or use sophisticated hardware. With a pro-tank-like clone or EVOD (either with 2.0ohm coil) and vv eGo battery (set around 3.7v or a little higher), I'd describe the main flavor as sweet, caramel-y banana. Coffee, cinnamon and the other flavors are intended to be noticed, though. Do you notice flavor changes as you dial up/down the power?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That part caught my eye. In my opinion, FA Espresso tastes stronger as you vape with increasing power, eventually harsh. TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust and FA Vienna Cream (and Caramel to a lesser extent) taste less rich/creamy to me as the power rises. I don't drip or use sophisticated hardware. With a pro-tank-like clone or EVOD (either with 2.0ohm coil) and vv eGo battery (set around 3.7v or a little higher), I'd describe the main flavor as sweet, caramel-y banana. Coffee, cinnamon and the other flavors are intended to be noticed, though. Do you notice flavor changes as you dial up/down the power?

Good question HIC. The coil registers as 1.6 ohm in this Aerotank. The Eleaf adjusts both watts and ohms simultaneously and will go to a max of 18.9 watts and 5.4 volts with this coil. At this max setting there is a lot of vape and no flavor, except for a little expresso. The other extreme is 3 volts and 5.6 watts. When I sampled this morning it was on 3 volts and 6 watts. At this low level now, it's cinnamon and expresso...the same at 3.5 and 8 watts but maybe the cinnamon is a little stronger again. Maybe I'll try a small batch with no cinnamon and no expresso to see if I get any banana, and then add a reduced amount of both the cinnamon and expresso. I mix by weight HIC so adjustments using the Juice Calculator are pretty simple.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made this - it's good! Interesting: I first tried it on a mech with a 0.36 ohm dual coil - woah, harsh espresso. I then tried it on a 0.9ohm single coil - much, much smoother. Amazing the difference power makes with the espresso. Unlike others, I'm not tasting the cinnamon at the moment, but I made this straight into the bottle, so I may have made it a touch weaker than intended!

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OMG! A complex recipe that I have all the flavors for!!! I'm definitely giving this one a try tonight. Thanks HIC!!!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd bet you could sub FA Walnut in place of the Espresso.
Walnut helps boost the Banana some, at least I think that's what HIC said, lol.
Grr, no FA Banana, just ordered another 21 flavors.
Too many new recipes I wanna try but still missing some flavors:D

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
so I am the exact opposite than everyone else. guess thats nothing new lol. I get a lot of cinnamon in this vape. dont get me wrong I get espresso , banana, little bit of rum. I can pick them all out but what stands out most to me is cinnamon, I didnt make enough to let sit around but I bet peeps start popping up soon saying the flavors ended up mending pretty well after it steeped some. I agree sub ohm vapers may never get the full complexity of this recipe. on a kayfun sitting at 1.3 ohms its really nice. I imagine people closer to 2 ohms are getting a little better flavor than everyone else.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
so I am the exact opposite than everyone else. guess thats nothing new lol. I get a lot of cinnamon in this vape. dont get me wrong I get espresso , banana, little bit of rum. I can pick them all out but what stands out most to me is cinnamon, I didnt make enough to let sit around but I bet peeps start popping up soon saying the flavors ended up mending pretty well after it steeped some. I agree sub ohm vapers may never get the full complexity of this recipe. on a kayfun sitting at 1.3 ohms its really nice. I imagine people closer to 2 ohms are getting a little better flavor than everyone else.

and that is a shame!! you all know I drip!! :(

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
hey smokey I see you ! lol. hahaha . I got a feeling this a steeper. then it will be good for them clouds !

lol I have a few versions I tinkered with this summer.. but..
I got distracted :p

might have to dig some of them out and see what I can do to patch things up..
will see.. but busy weekend now :oops: sometime next week.. :D

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yeah, the espresso in my mix has definitely mellowed a bit. It's all coming together nicely at ~48hours.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I was going to save some for tomorrow to see how it changed. But I seem to have demolished the whole 6mls, which is a sure sign I need to make a bigger bottle:D

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After about 12 Hours I still get a lot of espresso too, I can get the rest of the notes, but espresso still too overwhelming, HIC what do you think about substituting espresso for cappuccino?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
After about 12 Hours I still get a lot of espresso too, I can get the rest of the notes, but espresso still too overwhelming, HIC what do you think about substituting espresso for cappuccino?

If you like the Cappuccino flavor, I'm sure it would work fine. I rarely use FA Cappuccino because I taste no coffee in it! You could use less Espresso, too - or just leave out the coffee bit completely.

My early coffee recipes for Starbucks-like flavors used as little as 0.25% FA Coffee Espresso and tasted plenty coffee-like to me. I used Wizard Labs nic then, and even that small percent was very prominent to me. 1% standalone was the max this coffee guzzler could handle (and seemed so harsh I vaped it only with other flavors added). With Vapers Tek nic, FA Coffee Espresso seems much less potent, a far milder flavor. I can happily vape it 2-3% standalone, to give you an idea of the change in potency of this flavor that I perceived when I changed nic base.

I'm going to update my recipe here to suggest just 0.25% as a starting point, since that seems to be general consensus. I'll continue to use 0.5% myself.

This recipe was inspired by a (ground) flavored coffee called "Bananas Foster" - to which I added Torani caramel and cinnamon syrups to sweeten (plus cream, plus...) I haven't found more of that particular coffee, but I can relive my decorated version when I vape this.

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello HIC! Dana is currently vaping this on an ego vv set at 3.8 volts in the aspire k1 tank with a 1.8 ohm coil. Note that it is minus the expresso as I do not have and I used vanilla classic. It has not steeped. For a true banana foster this would need a hint off coffee. I am not a coffee fan.

Oh HIC, this is really good! I taste a sweet carmalized light, creamy banana. I also taste tfa cheesecake graham crust, which to me tastes like a cinnamonish, gingerish, nutmegish,??? Not sure of the spice in a graham cracker....kinda like the spice I taste in a windmill cookie. To me this tfa cheesecake graham crust I can't use much in a recipe without it being too much for me. It's very good here, but I may take it down to .25% for my odd taste buds & I think would b perfect for me! Very good indeed!

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The hard part is trying to find a place that has all the flavors. :(

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hard part is trying to find a place that has all the flavors. :(
Yes that is fun! I do believe ecig express does as well as bull city vapor only sometimes they are out of this or that. Being a newbie starting out & wanting small samples I got most of my fa from e liquidmart and tfa from wizard labs. I've also ordered from bull city and ecig express. I've been fortunate not to yet have any issues ordering from any of these vendors :) knock on wood.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes that is fun! I do believe ecig express does as well as bull city vapor only sometimes they are out of this or that. Being a newbie starting out & wanting small samples I got most of my fa from e liquidmart and tfa from wizard labs. I've also ordered from bull city and ecig express. I've been fortunate not to yet have any issues ordering from any of these vendors :) knock on wood.

I need to revisit this recipe without the espresso

Please look for Drew at Bullcity Vapor, he is an amazing guy that has excellent customer service, even the smallest samples are cheaper to buy from him than from TPA for example. I wont even bother with ECX, I just go there as a last resource

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to revisit this recipe without the espresso

Please look for Drew at Bullcity Vapor, he is an amazing guy that has excellent customer service, even the smallest samples are cheaper to buy from him than from TPA for example. I wont even bother with ECX, I just go there as a last resource
Only ordered from express once due to holiday 40% off coupon in Dec. As I said I was one of the lucky ones...no leaking bottles. Bull city has great by nicotine as well as service & flavors.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol at how no one likes the Cheesecake flavor without the crust. Is it that bad?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Lol at how no one likes the Cheesecake flavor without the crust. Is it that bad?

To me, TFA Cheesecake tastes and smells like sour vomit (sorry), probably in part from the "custard note" ingredients.

TFA Cheesecake Graham is nothing like it. It's much more pleasant flavor, first of all! It has totally different ingredients, no custard note stuff, and it's the only way (for now) to get graham flavor with no diacetyl or substitutes. It's a really good mixer, too. It contains a little acetyl pyrazine, so it's useful for flavor tricks like adding sweetness to FA Caramel/Butterscotch, smoothing out chocolate flavors, or adding a tiny bakery effect. It's one TFA flavor I wouldn't be without.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah. I know exactly what you're talking about and I forget what brand/etc it was but I had the same experience with a Cheesecake. I get a similar note with certain creams. (including TFA Sweet Cream in anything about 1%)
I have Lorann's NY Cheesecake and it's decent. It's not rancid to me.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hola HIC! I just refuse to do coffee.... but what about some Irish cream in the next batch....say .75-1%? :rolleyes: I like Irish cream! :cool: I'm using "cold" winter colors:confused:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hola HIC! I just refuse to do coffee.... but what about some Irish cream in the next batch....say .75-1%? :rolleyes: I like Irish cream! :cool: I'm using "cold" winter colors:confused:

Stay warm, D. Well, it already has Rum, but if Irish Cream on top of that sounds good to you, give it a try. I think it would remind me more of a creamy cocktail then. You could also just leave out the Espresso, see how you like it, then decide if you want Irish Cream, too.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping it 2 hours fresh after a quick warm bath, .25% espresso. Yum! Espresso FA gives me a peppery impression unsteeped in about every mix, but even that is pretty mellow in this fresh and super low. I love espresso FA so no complaints from me, though at .5% I think most would appreciate it steeped for at leeeast 3 days for the espresso bite to mellow out. I have yet to see for myself - next time. This is my first with FA banana, better than TFA and NF I've tried. Like fruit, not candy :)

fyi I'm still trying to finish off this ECX nic, fresh bottle of VT in the freezer awaits... it's probably wrong that it looks delicious to me

Banana and coffee is win in my book in general... biased xD

edit: another hour and the espresso is fading even farther, complimenting the other minor ingredients to darken the banana together. Fun vape. Too soon to say but next time I'm thinking to start the cinnamon low like the espresso, but increase the overall % by 0.1 - 0.5 or add vienna cream like I do to everything else...

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for the notes on your percents, @Laughmore .
How long til you can crack into the VT? (note: it makes FA Espresso taste much milder)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Napkin math says it'll take me 30 days to vape the rest @ my usual 4mg and 10ml per day... some month-steepers like capVC2 recipes (I'm in the VC2-supersteep-camp) might be good to chomp through it. It seriously pissed me off when I ran out of @Cramptholomew 's White Coconut cake, since that taste is weeks out for me and there's not much like it. For the record I like it w/an extra .5% coconut :) thanks again Cramps!

Also White Peach does something special imo after about 2 weeks, reminds me of the pleasant shock of stepping from a parking lot into a grocery store. It's subtle but profoundly authentic imo. My brain vividly associates it with the produce section and makes me wonder if I've always smelled the peaches first. Always sad when I have none of that on reserve.

Tried some 6mg mixes recently after 3-4mg for months or a year, and the difference in TH was oooof. Then I ordered the VT. Balancing a great taste with a TH I like has frankly become more challenging in recent months since VU re-perked my mixing curiosity, but such is the pursuit of happiness.

Back to the show - the espresso (@.25%) in the Banana Foster I mixed yesterday is now practically indistinguishable from it's fellow minor ingredients, if I didn't know the recipe and hadn't tried it fresh, I wouldn't know it's there I think. I'd really miss it. So it's not a "coffee" vape by my definition. If you want to be able to put your finger on the coffee, go .5%, but then again I bet that is completely smooth in a week as well.

Last edited:

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was wondering if this one would be an example of a recipe that shouldn't be crockpotted ( new word maybe? lol ) due to the inclusion of the Cinnamon Ceylon?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I was wondering if this one would be an example of a recipe that shouldn't be crockpotted ( new word maybe? lol ) due to the inclusion of the Cinnamon Ceylon?

In my experience, too much heat will fade Cinnamon Ceylon.
On the other hand, if any mix tastes too cinnamon-y, that's one way to fix it.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks HIC, I was wondering what the effect would be on the CC.

I'm not sure there as such thing as too cinnamon-y, at least not for me! :)

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is there anything that could be used in place of the RUM? I can't with the booze flavors.
Sorry if this was already asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors