HIC's BOHEMIAN COBBLER

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Bohemian Cobbler recipe: baked dark-fruit cobbler with excellent savory crust - very versatile recipe

1% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Blackcurrant
0.5% FA Red Wine (optional but recommended)
* 0.5% FA Bilberry
* 0.5% FA Pomegranate
* 0.25% FA Blackberry

* Flavors listed are a favorite combination of mine. For your own cobbler flavors, pick any 3 FA fruits from this list: 0.5% Bilberry, 0.5% Pomegranate, 0.5% Concord Grape (works best if you include the Red Wine), 0.5% Black Cherry, 1% Raspberry, 1% Peach, 1% Cherry, 0.25% Blackberry

Red Wine helps dark fruits taste more 'baked', but if you don't have it, just leave it out. If you like the results, get some Red Wine - it adds a deep taste that really adds a special touch and doesn't taste at all "boozy" in this recipe. If you're adventurous, try FA Brandy instead, or perhaps FA Jamaican Rum.

This 2:1 ratio of Apple Pie:Cookie creates fantastic cobbler crust. The apple flavor is completely masked by the dark fruits.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
hey HIC my friend wants peach cobbler .think this would work well with just a couple peach flavors ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
hey HIC my friend wants peach cobbler .think this would work well with just a couple peach flavors ?

Not really! With peach flavors, I think this one would work better: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pear-apple-frangipane-fruit-almond-torte.1830/#post-20981 if you replace the pear and apricot with peach flavors. You probably wouldn't even need to adjust percentages. You could leave the apricot and just replace the pear for a peach-apricot combo - that'd be good. The almond, cinnamon, and brandy go just right together for peach cobbler.

If they like peach and amaretto liqueur, they might like this one, too: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-peach-amaretti-crumble.3179/

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Not really! With peach flavors, I think this one would work better: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-pear-apple-frangipane-fruit-almond-torte.1830/#post-20981 if you replace the pear and apricot with peach flavors. You probably wouldn't even need to adjust percentages. You could leave the apricot and just replace the pear for a peach-apricot combo - that'd be good. The almond, cinnamon, and brandy go just right together for peach cobbler.

If they like peach and amaretto liqueur, they might like this one, too: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-peach-amaretti-crumble.3179/
I was looking at the amaretto one. that one sounds so good. Ill probably make that for me today lol.... thx HIC!!!!! hope your sunday is awesome :)

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed this up before I made lunch and let it sit while I prepared and ate. The intention was to have it for dessert, so I didn't taste it until after. Spoil your appetite and all.:) No red wine so left that out. I chose Black Cherry, Concord Grape and Peach. Very dark and delicious! I cant think of a more perfect vape for my afternoon! Thanks HIC!

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tasty vapes spoil you appetite? They make me hungry for the real thing! I'm glad you like it, Sully!
I was half kidding but if that's what I was having for lunch I would agree! I was having Tuna, your not suggesting...FA Tuna...You couldn't be. :)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Bohemian Cobbler recipe: baked dark-fruit cobbler with excellent savory crust - very versatile recipe

1% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Blackcurrant
* 0.5% FA Bilberry
* 0.5% FA Pomegranate
* 0.25% FA Blackberry

* Flavors listed are a favorite combination of mine. For your own cobbler flavors, pick any 3 FA fruits from this list: 0.5% Bilberry, 0.5% Pomegranate, 0.5% Concord Grape (works best if you include the Red Wine), 0.5% Black Cherry, 1% Raspberry, 1% Peach, 1% Cherry, 0.25% Blackberry

Red Wine helps dark fruits taste more 'baked', but if you don't have it, just leave it out. If you like the results, get some Red Wine - it adds a deep taste that really adds a special touch and doesn't taste at all "boozy" in this recipe. If you're adventurous, try FA Brandy instead, or perhaps FA Jamaican Rum.

This 2:1 ratio of Apple Pie:Cookie creates fantastic cobbler crust. The apple flavor is completely masked by the dark fruits.
HIC, what does blackcurrant taste like?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, what does blackcurrant taste like?
In general? Ever had cassis liqueur or blackcurrant jam? Blackcurrant is hugely popular in jams, jellies, and fruit candies in Europe - and for good reason. It's a very appealing flavor, even to kids. Hmmm....if you like sweet, black raspberries, you'd like blackcurrant. Not that they taste the same, but I can't describe it any better than that.

FA in particular... is a ripe blackcurrant, their sweetest dark berry flavor, but still with the tangy note of fresh fruit. It's among the top most-accurate-to-real-fruit flavor that FA makes. It's the flavor that makes Forest Mix so lip-smacking. Get some!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Blackcurrant
* 0.5% FA Bilberry
* 0.5% FA Pomegranate
* 0.25% FA Blackberry

Mr. HIC, I am placing an order soon. If I use rum, do I still add wine? Can forest fruit be used as one of the fruits, & if so % suggestion?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Mr. HIC, I am placing an order soon. If I use rum, do I still add wine? Can forest fruit be used as one of the fruits, & if so % suggestion?

Oh, stop calling me Mr, Ms D. lol... Just use Rum OR wine OR brandy. Rum gives you the sweetest flavor. Of course, Forest Mix would be awesome. Treat it the same as most of the other dark fruits, 0.5% (as one of those pick-your-own last 3 ingredients).

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, alright, I thought only us women were concerned with feeling old! No more Mr for you. Gosh I am only 41 & oldest child just had 2nd child! I became Grandma at 36! Our youngest child is 8! I'm worn out! Cold here today too! 28 degrees in KY. Family in MI got snow!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Gosh I am only 41 & oldest child just had 2nd child! I became Grandma at 36! Our youngest child is 8! I'm worn out! Cold here today too! 28 degrees in KY. Family in MI got snow!

Well, congrats to you, grandma! Below zero here with a foot of snow, so not much sympathy from me on that. But....stay warm, vape some Bohemian Cobbler. ;)

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, I'm not in MI anymore! I am smarter than the rest of my siblings and moved South! And you best not call me Grandma or you're going back to Mr. Hick! They say this is going to be the worst winter in a long time!

Ashlie Gantt

Member For 4 Years
I'm so lost. I don't know what I did wrong, hoping you can tell me. I mixed it exactly as you said, using .25 blackberry, .5 black cherry, 1.5 black currant and 1% raspberry.

Fresh mixed was so perfumey I couldn't vape it.. And after 3 week steep, it tastes like the early 90's scented my little pony's.. I used only vg as the base, only the pg from the flavors used is in the pg ratio.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm so lost. I don't know what I did wrong, hoping you can tell me. I mixed it exactly as you said, using .25 blackberry, .5 black cherry, 1.5 black currant and 1% raspberry.

Fresh mixed was so perfumey I couldn't vape it.. And after 3 week steep, it tastes like the early 90's scented my little pony's.. I used only vg as the base, only the pg from the flavors used is in the pg ratio.

Ashlie, have you tried your Blackberry flavor standalone?

The first time I got FA Blackberry it was so friggen horrible I couldn't get near it. I don't know if FA had a spoiled batch, or my bottle got filled with little pony snot, but yeah....There were lots of reviews of it that agreed with me, so I tend to suspect it was a problem right from the factory. I eventually bought another bottle elsewhere and it's fine (very strong flavor, for sure). At the percents you used, nothing should be perfume-like, but please check and see if your blackberry is normal...

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

1% FA Apple Pie
0.5% FA Cookie
1.5% FA Blackcurrant
* 0.5% FA Bilberry
* 0.5% FA Pomegranate
* 0.25% FA Blackberry

Well I couldn't wait for my flavors to come in and had to try some type version of this and only had 2 fruits, but I figured forest fruit had 4 berries in it so why not, right? So I used 2% Forest fruit & .5% pomegranate. Now I know this may not taste as it was intended, but I like it! Wondering if berries of forest fruit change in complexity if it sits?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay I just have to say this to anyone who likes cobbler and forest fruit! 5 days ago I made this with .5% FA rum instead of wine. The only fruits I had were forest fruit which I put 2% and pomegranate at.5% and HOLY SHITZ!! Absolutely AMAZING! I am giving HIC my most elegant curtsey!!!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What does the black currant do in the recipe? I read through and only saw what it tastes like. I don't have that so could I just leave it out? I have other dark FA fruit, just not that one.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
What does the black currant do in the recipe? I read through and only saw what it tastes like. I don't have that so could I just leave it out? I have other dark FA fruit, just not that one.

It's a sweet and tart berry flavor that support the other fruits for a juicy-tasting cobbler. I'd skip this recipe if you don't have it; there's just not a similar flavor to replace it.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to make HIC's Bohemian Cobbler years ago and thought about it the other day wanting to make it again now that fall is here. Sadly it seems that FA's red wine is no longer available or did it change names? Does anyone know of a good replacement for that flavor?

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to make HIC's Bohemian Cobbler years ago and thought about it the other day wanting to make it again now that fall is here. Sadly it seems that FA's red wine is no longer available or did it change names? Does anyone know of a good replacement for that flavor?
Looks like FA is discontinuing Red Wine or RW or WR. Maybe try the Brandy or Rum as HIC suggested.

VU Sponsors