Not open for further replies.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HIC, this is my favorite recipe you've shared. I have a 30ml bottle of this and vape it on and off daily.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks, flowerpots and misswish! FA Apricot is one of the easiest fruits to use in recipes - tastes great and 'gets along well with others.'
I even like it in TFA's Banana Nut Bread.

luciddreamer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This sounds yummy! What does brandy add to the mix? I have a small sample but haven't had much time with it yet

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Love the hint about using the honey. I made this recipe a long time ago, but I must have used too much honey because it was overpowering! Going to make a diluted bottle now.

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds lovely either way! Gonna try these flavors next.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok with the honey part I understand I need to dillute in pg or vg...so do I mix 0.1 ml. of honey to 1 ml. of pg then?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok with the honey part I understand I need to dillute in pg or vg...so do I mix 0.1 ml. of honey to 1 ml. of pg then?

Well, a 10% dilution would be 1 part honey, 9 parts pg/vg (10 parts in total).
If you already did it this way, you made a 9.1% dilution (1 part honey out of 11 total). But don't fret - that's close enough!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My math skills suck! Asked you before my husband got home...he's the math genius! If I get him into vaping I'll mix and Im gonna make him research building coils! Team work!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They don't have FA Brandy where I'm ordering my flavors, What % of TFA 's Brandy would you suggest to replace it ?

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well good news, seems like I had mistyped the word Brandy :p FA's Brandy is in the shopping cart now :p

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is very tasty! I did the brûlée bc I'm low on fresh cream! Vaping your cinnaster brew right now & I'm still cold! I believe you need to change your name from HIC to The DIY GRANDE VAPE MiESTER MASTER MIXER!

P-A

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
One thing for sure, he's definately a +++++++ For the DIY community !

Kebabzi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is it possible to replace the apricot with FA pear with a nice testing brandied Pears With cream? Same percentages?

boxboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That 2:1 ratio of Apricot:Brandy makes the fruit taste extra juicy. It does that with most light-fruit flavors, like Jamaican Rum does with darker fruits and berries.

So FA Jamaican Rum + Natures Flavors Blueberry would do what exactly? Its a nice blueberry flavor but a bit to "flowery" I'd like to make it more Juicy and less dry tasting.

Kebabzi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To add to what I wrote over here ( http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-mixes-diy-recipes-store.54921/page-14#post-506236 ) I wonder if a little brown sugar and/or caramel might be good with Pear, too - unless honey sounds better to you. I would think the same percent or a little higher would be a good starting point on Pear.
Thanks for your input HIC!

I will try this recipe with both diluted honey and maybe replace it with TPA Brown Sugar? Would you say 1-2% would suffice for good taste? Do you recommend another company for brown sugar?

I currently have some Cap Caramel at home, would you say that FA makes it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors