Become a Patron!

HIC's CARAMEL EGG NOG

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's Caramel Eggnog recipe: like Hood's brand caramel eggnog, very sweet, creamy, and rich

2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Caramel

Shake 'n vape!
This is lightly flavored; if you prefer stronger flavoring, use 3% Vienna Cream, 1.5% Caramel.
This was made while drinking Hood brand caramel eggnog, usually available in cartons around Christmas. Hood's version has no spices or alcohol, so neither does this. Of course you could add your own spices and/or alcohol flavoring. I like this one:

CARAMEL RUMMY EGGNOG: add 0.5% FA Jamaican Rum

VapingCowboy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC's Caramel Eggnog recipe: like Hood's brand caramel eggnog, very sweet, creamy, and rich

2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Caramel

Shake 'n vape!
This is lightly flavored; if you prefer stronger flavoring, use 3% Vienna Cream, 1.5% Caramel.
This was made while drinking Hood brand caramel eggnog, usually available in cartons around Christmas. Hood's version has no spices or alcohol, so neither does this. Of course you could add your own spices and/or alcohol flavoring. I like this one:

I have those flavors on the way in now. I can't WAIT to try this! Eggnog is my holiday addiction and every Eggnog vape I try is spiced to hell and back. Thank you for this!!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is so good! I like light spices in mine, so with this recipe I can add just what I like to it. Thanks again, HIC, you've saved eggnog for me, lol.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to order these flavors to create a couple of other juices and to think I can partake in some egg nog makes me smile :)
Thanks HIC

Serenity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd really like to try this one, but I don't have any FA flavorings. Would vanilla custard, sweet cream, or caramel candy work in here? I also have some TFA egg nog that was a bit strong on the spices and I was hoping to use a recipe along these lines so I can use it in small doses to hopefully be able to turn that into something I can vape. Are FA flavors more concentrated than say TFA or Capella?

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd really like to try this one, but I don't have any FA flavorings. Would vanilla custard, sweet cream, or caramel candy work in here? I also have some TFA egg nog that was a bit strong on the spices and I was hoping to use a recipe along these lines so I can use it in small doses to hopefully be able to turn that into something I can vape. Are FA flavors more concentrated than say TFA or Capella?
from what i've read and from what i've experienced, yes

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I would think you could get reasonable results from the flavors you do have. Using mostly an eggy-custard, some sweet cream to lighten the vanilla some, a little caramel, then gradual additions of that TFA Eggnog for the spice...should taste okay, if you like those flavors reasonable well.

stealthdogg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Caramel

Shake 'n vape!

I've made this recipe as stated and I can't really taste anything even made the strong version I have some FA concentrates made a couple of liquids and they aren't tasting of much can I have a little help please

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I've made this recipe as stated and I can't really taste anything even made the strong version I have some FA concentrates made a couple of liquids and they aren't tasting of much can I have a little help please

Just keep that 2:1 ratio (twice as much Vienna as Caramel) and make it however strong you personally need it. If nothing is tasting very strong to you, you can try a little batch with no nicotine just to see if your nic is interfering.

edit: I see over here: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/recipe-help-no-flavour.128206/ you're not tasting much with Capella flavors, either. I'm suspicious of your nic base.

stealthdogg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My Nic base is 72ml out the bottle using the E-juice lab app I'm doing my mixing to a 3mg Nic end juice my first ever recipe was using Capella blue cotton that was nice also did a cough drop mix that I can taste but when using the FA concentrates I'm just getting muted flavours or just a sweet taste of nothing, if that makes sence, all the FA concentrates smell like they should but I'm stumped on what else I can do, I'm going away next week and need some juice making lol, if you can give me some help these are the flavours I have from FA
Caramel
Lemon Sicily
Meringue
Summer clouds
Vanilla custard
Also simply vanilla from Capella
Thanks for replying

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you mean 'vanilla custard' from Capella, or 'custard' from FlavourArt, or 'vienna cream' from FlavourArt? They don't make a flavor called 'vanilla custard'.

stealthdogg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I put my order in I chose 6 flavours and the vanilla custard was one of them from FA it's in the blended section from the list, it's A smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours I've copypasted from the website, the web address I got them from was http://www.flavourart.co.uk if you look under blended you will find it there

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
When I put my order in I chose 6 flavours and the vanilla custard was one of them from FA it's in the blended section from the list, it's A smooth, mellow, creamy vape that can be used on its own or with other flavours I've copypasted from the website, the web address I got them from was http://www.flavourart.co.uk if you look under blended you will find it there

Ohhh - didn't realize you were in the UK or I would have figured that out. In that case, you should be able to use that flavoring all by itself with good results. Lemon Sicily is another you list that's good on its own. Just use as much as you need. Start around 3%, go up a percent at time if you're having trouble tasting it. Just make it small batch til you find what works for you. I've never tried any of FA's blended flavors, but I wouldn't be surprised if that vanilla custard needs 10%. Vienna Cream is another I like all by itself at 3% or so - many people would say 4%. Very few would need more, but don't worry if you do.

stealthdogg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you for the help HIC with be making some mixes today would the Vienna cream need to steep or mix and vape as the custards need to steep, will be getting other flavours soon as on my other post some people have said I may need some main flavours with the mix I did

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thank you for the help HIC with be making some mixes today would the Vienna cream need to steep or mix and vape as the custards need to steep, will be getting other flavours soon as on my other post some people have said I may need some main flavours with the mix I did

My observation and opinion: the higher you go on total flavoring in most any recipe, the more likely you'll notice smoother flavor as it ages/steeps.

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

2% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Caramel

Shake 'n vape!

Thanks a lot for this. Vienna Cream comes up a lot in your recipes. I only have Catalan Cream and Cream Fresh (both FA). Which one would you say is the closest to Vienna Cream (for this recipe and for your scones recipe with fruits)? Or could I use a combination of both to create a close replica? I'll include VC in my next order but I'd really appreciate your advice - I'm dying to try some of these recipes of yours (I'm completely new to DIY e-liquid).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks a lot for this. Vienna Cream comes up a lot in your recipes. I only have Catalan Cream and Cream Fresh (both FA). Which one would you say is the closest to Vienna Cream (for this recipe and for your scones recipe with fruits)? Or could I use a combination of both to create a close replica? I'll include VC in my next order but I'd really appreciate your advice - I'm dying to try some of these recipes of yours (I'm completely new to DIY e-liquid).

for here, Catalan! It's also sweet and creamy, but with deeper vanilla, a little citrus, a little spice (cinn), and a background of deep caramel that not everyone notices. It won't be eggnoggy, but it'll be good. In fact, just plain 3% Catalan Cream all by itself is very good. You can't combine any FA flavors to make something like Vienna, though. (And I'd get Vienna before making scones.)

Mesh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
for here, Catalan! It's also sweet and creamy, but with deeper vanilla, a little citrus, a little spice (cinn), and a background of deep caramel that not everyone notices. It won't be eggnoggy, but it'll be good. In fact, just plain 3% Catalan Cream all by itself is very good. You can't combine any FA flavors to make something like Vienna, though. (And I'd get Vienna before making scones.)

Ah, great news! Thanks for the straightforward answer. My first FA order is actually due to arrive tomorrow, and I'm keen to get cracking!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Another one I mixed today(3%&1.5%) Thanks HIC. I don't know what I would do without you when it comes to trying my new flavors.

WhiteHighlights

Member For 4 Years
Tidbit I found on the UK forum - Flavourart UK does have some custom blends made for them by FA. For example Custard and Vanilla Custard.

Per FA UK: "The Vanilla Custard is one blended by myself using FA standard flavours and is only available through FlavourArt UK. FA Italy manufacture quite a few of the blended range for us exclusively, although if resellers wish to purchase in bulk
they can do subject to MOQ."

MichelleTearsofCrimson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tidbit I found on the UK forum - Flavourart UK does have some custom blends made for them by FA. For example Custard and Vanilla Custard.

Per FA UK: "The Vanilla Custard is one blended by myself using FA standard flavours and is only available through FlavourArt UK. FA Italy manufacture quite a few of the blended range for us exclusively, although if resellers wish to purchase in bulk
they can do subject to MOQ."

I'm confused the FA Custard I just ordered isn't the same in the US? I ordered it because I heard it was more Eggy like the british custard?

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA produces all their flavorings at their Italian headquarters, so yes, should be identical other than perhaps names/bottles/labels.

I coulda sworn the FA I ordered from Poland said Made in Poland. Did I misread? (Wouldn't be the first time and don;t get me started on numerical dyslexia) :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm confused the FA Custard I just ordered isn't the same in the US? I ordered it because I heard it was more Eggy like the british custard?
I coulda sworn the FA I ordered from Poland said Made in Poland. Did I misread? (Wouldn't be the first time and don;t get me started on numerical dyslexia) :D

All FA flavoring is made in the same factory in Italy.
FA UK has some premixed flavors, including one called "Vanilla Custard". But if it says "FlavourArt Custard" it's the same no matter where you bought it. (Assuming there wasn't some error, of course.)

VU Sponsors