Become a Patron!

HIC's CLONE OF HALO'S TWISTED JAVA

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC's TWISTED JAVA CLONE: Hard to believe it's as simple as this, but it truly is.

10% Flavor West Candy Cane
2% Flavor Apprentice Caramel Cappuccino (WARNING: high in diketones!)
0.5% FlavourArt Hazelnut, totally optional

The hazelnut flavor is barely detectable in Halo's juice. For perfect flavor match, use it here - but even diehard Halo fans would be happy without that ingredient.

Shake (really well) 'n vape!

Last edited:

Raina

Member For 4 Years
This was the first coffee juice I ever tried and I loved it. Made this recipe without the hazelnut (cause I don't have it yet) and while the flavor was almost spot on, I felt like something was missing. I know I should've seen it right away, but it wasn't until I found an old bottle of Twisted Java that I realized how much my taste buds missed the hazelnut. It comes out strong for me in the original. I'll get the hazelnut and add it in. Thanks for this recipe. It's still my favorite peppermint coffee.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Should this one be mixed with the high PG like most Halos?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Should this one be mixed with the high PG like most Halos?

Use your preferred PG/VG ratio. The reason I made this recipe was that I loved the Halo flavor, but I can't vape all that PG. Works fine for me max-VG, but extra PG and somewhat-peppery nic does make for a really authentic Halo experience. :p

Raina

Member For 4 Years
Added the hazelnut... Mmm. Perfect match. I've been vaping this as is and mixed with your Kringles Curse clone or your Swiss Bliss. Yummy.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found a bottle of this I made back in May....heavenly! I actually thought it was way too strong right after I made it but the extended steep has turned it into a tank full of heaven....

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I just found a bottle of this I made back in May....heavenly! I actually thought it was way too strong right after I made it but the extended steep has turned it into a tank full of heaven....

It's definitely NOT my usual recipe style! The Halo flavor was one I loved as I was quitting cigs - really, really strong. I needed it with less PG than they use and sure was happy to find the solution in diy. :)

Jack Merridew

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I bought a bottle of FW Candy Cane and can't stand the taste of it. Would it be close in taste if I try with the following ingredients : 1% FA Espresso, 2% FA Peppemint, 1.5% FA Vienna cream? (I'm a sucker for Flavour Art)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I bought a bottle of FW Candy Cane and can't stand the taste of it. Would it be close in taste if I try with the following ingredients : 1% FA Espresso, 2% FA Peppemint, 1.5% FA Vienna cream? (I'm a sucker for Flavour Art)

That TFA Caramel Capp is a super, super, super strong flavor. In fact, FA Espresso is not near as strong, so you'd want more of it. Halo liquids are very strong flavors, good for just-quit smokers.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds Could FA cappuccino be used here to avoid the diketones? I love your recipes ,Thanks for sharing!!!
I've honestly never tried FA Cappuccino with any FW flavors, but that'd be worth trying if you have the flavors.

This is really rare to say about these two particular brands, but that TFA flavor is much stronger than FA, so don't be surprised if you need lots more Cappuccino.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've honestly never tried FA Cappuccino with any FW flavors, but that'd be worth trying if you have the flavors.

This is really rare to say about these two particular brands, but that TFA flavor is much stronger than FA, so don't be surprised if you need lots more Cappuccino.
Thanks for the reply, I try to stay away from the badies as much as possible, I think I'll give it a shot next time I mix. Again I love your recipes, thanks for being so kind as to share them with all!!!!!

turp

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did someone say kringle's curse? Man I loved that stuff. Is it diy-able?

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys. This Kringles Curse Clone is great. It's not an ADV for me, but a Go To every few days for a change of pace and to refresh my taste buds. I just mixed up some Twisted Java too but haven't tried it yet. I'm curious though. Has anyone tried other flavors with the Kringles Curse Clone, like cherry or grape or anything and come up with something you really like? I might try several but thought I would ask before trying to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys. This Kringles Curse Clone is great. It's not an ADV for me, but a Go To every few days for a change of pace and to refresh my taste buds. I just mixed up some Twisted Java too but haven't tried it yet. I'm curious though. Has anyone tried other flavors with the Kringles Curse Clone, like cherry or grape or anything and come up with something you really like? I might try several but thought I would ask before trying to reinvent the wheel. Thanks.
No, but it certainly sounds like a good idea. Maybe some icy grape or blackberry would be good!

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
OMG....... I made both the Twisted Java and the Kringle's Curse recipes....... :) -Both are simply KICKASS vapes! {I credit Halo for getting me off the stinkies with Torque 56 & Tribeca, but got into DIY before trying any others.} I made both of these recipes with max VG. Thanks for sharing the recipes- Feeling grateful!
:hearts:

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
OMG....... I made both the Twisted Java and the Kringle's Curse recipes....... :) -Both are simply KICKASS vapes! {I credit Halo for getting me off the stinkies with Torque 56 & Tribeca, but got into DIY before trying any others.} I made both of these recipes with max VG.

When I used vendor liquids, those Halo flavors were my favorites. I eventually figured out that vaping lots of PG gives me hives. Halo refused to tell me if/howmuch they use, so I set out to make it myself with all VG. With reasonable copies of those two, I became a dedicated DIYer. I'm glad they work for you, too!

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this to try, including the hazelnut. Yuk for me. And I do like the Kringles Curse Clone.

rogue zombie

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This recipe is awesome!

Thank you HIC for all the great recipes!

I was apprehensive of the 2% Caramel Cappuccino, but went ahead because I've had a few HIC recipes, which always work for me.

At max VG, this is just great. Wouldn't try it at less VG though :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors