HIC's COUNTY FAIR APPLE PIE

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's County Fair Apple Pie recipe: FANTASTIC! juicy apple pie with all kinds of delicious additions - read notes for possible substitutions

1% FA Apple Pie
1% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Nut Mix
0.5% FA Maple Syrup
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra

This is 5% total flavoring. If you like subtle flavoring, be prepared to add a little extra nic base. There is no loss of any flavor notes down to 2.5%.

Walnut and Nut Mix - use any combination you want or have to total 1.5%. Walnut (which is also in Nut Mix) sweetens the apples. This is not a nutty-tasting pie. Nuts add to the crust flavor instead of standing out. If you have only Hazelnut, use half as much and expect to taste hazelnut in there. It's unexpectedly good in an apple pie.

maple - makes the apple POP and adds sweet, juicy flavor. Can't make this without FA Maple Syrup!

irish cream - adds a sophisticated flavor. The deep flavor complements the apples and blends the flavors.

brandy - if you don't have it, FA Jamaican Rum stands in well. Neither make this pie taste boozy. If you have only FA Whiskey, use just 0.5% and leave out Irish Cream and Brandy.

cinnamon - this is just a hint of cinnamon. You can add more, but I suggest waiting a day or two. Cinnamon gains strength as the recipe ages.

brown sugar - deepens the crust of apple pie and helps it all taste bubbly-baked.

Try it fresh, it's delicious! But also set some aside for a day or two, when it will be smoother, still delicious.

If you make enough, try some a la Mode! Just dilute it about half-strength (assuming you made it full-strength as written) and add about 2% Vienna Cream. That turns it into Apple Pie flavored ice cream.

Last edited:

we2rcool

Member For 4 Years
We've got this on 'The List', but can't pull the trigger because we're confused about something.

FA's Apple Pie is notoriously 'low on apple' (to the point, as HIC/others have noted many times) that the apple flavor can easily be covered/extinguished by other flavors. So with all the extra flavors in this one, aren't we gonna need to add apple? If so, which apple (or blend) would you/HIC (or anybody else) recommend?

TIA for your thoughts & advice!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
We've got this on 'The List', but can't pull the trigger because we're confused about something.

FA's Apple Pie is notoriously 'low on apple' (to the point, as HIC/others have noted many times) that the apple flavor can easily be covered/extinguished by other flavors. So with all the extra flavors in this one, aren't we gonna need to add apple? If so, which apple (or blend) would you/HIC (or anybody else) recommend?

TIA for your thoughts & advice!

We2, that was/is the whole point of this recipe. It shows you HOW to bring out the apple flavor in that Apple Pie. Do not add any Apple or Fuji (or any other apple flavoring) to it! The other flavorings work some magic here. After a great deal of experimenting, I narrowed it down to FA Walnut.

FA Walnut brings out the apple in Apple Pie and makes FA Banana taste stronger. I think it has a few other tricks that I haven't yet discovered.

Try it - it's really cool that it works!

I know a few of you have tried it - wanna reassure we2?

we2rcool

Member For 4 Years
Thankee kindly! 'Just couldn't make sense how all those flavors wouldn't smother the almost non-existent apple in Apple Pie. We'll definitely give it a shot as soon as we make it to the mixing table - 'sounds tasty, for sure!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, this is amazing. I don't know how it works, but it does taste wonderful. I've been using a lot of apple pie and cookie together for that crust flavor, added a bit of walnut 'cuz I love nuts, and all of a sudden there was apple!

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Jesimini Crickets!
You have gone into overload HIC..
Wanuts, CC, and Brandy. Is there a recipe you can't get to work?
I have another boat load heading this way, can't leave anything out of the order. I love apples, they are naturally light on favor and usually I add a bit of pineapple, or pear and some sour to it.
Looking forward to trying this one out.
My name has been changed from the other place to protect my inocence.. (lol)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Well DeadShort, I can't place you yet, but I'm glad to 'see' you here!

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok.... right after the mixing, I had to try some...... was a bit weird tasting. The nuts were over powering. So I went to shaking and put it in a hot water fondue pot to thin it out and help with the mixing of all those flavors, shaking every once and a while. I vaped on a new piece of cotton about every 20 mins. This stuff is transforming every time I vaped it.

It is now full fledged Country Fair Apple Pie.... I can taste why you called it that. This isnt Kroger brand apple pie, no sir.

I cant wait to see how this tastes tomorrow when the 7 ingredients have had a chance to meld a bit more.

Another thumbs up. Thanks again

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this yesterday and I gotta say I didn't like it. All I tasted I'm guessing was the crust. I was thinking to myself "wheres the apple". I just vaped it again after a solid 24 hours and this is just ridiculously good! I can taste every flavor now it's incredible! I really really like this one thanks! I can't put it down now lol. Without a doubt delicious apple pie!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this yesterday and I gotta say I didn't like it. All I tasted I'm guessing was the crust. I was thinking to myself "wheres the apple". I just vaped it again after a solid 24 hours and this is just ridiculously good! I can taste every flavor now it's incredible! I really really like this one thanks! I can't put it down now lol. Without a doubt delicious apple pie!

Whew! I'm glad it worked out for you after it sat a day. Thanks for trying it!

This recipe is my favorite way to demonstrate how FA Walnut can make the faint apple flavor in Apple Pie come alive.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I finally got around to making this and its nearly perfect!! I can taste the crust, the cinnamon, the apples, it is the perfect apple pie recipe. And its not overly sweet like so many of the apple pie e-juices I have purchased. However, I would like to taste just a little more apple. Do you think Fuji Apple would work? Or should I just try increasing the Apple Pie flavor by a percent or two?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I would like to taste just a little more apple. Do you think Fuji Apple would work? Or should I just try increasing the Apple Pie flavor by a percent or two?

(assuming it's already sat a day or two for the flavors to develop...)
The ideal would be to add .5-1% FA Apple.
Or add just .25-.5% Fuji. It's a pretty powerful flavor and could overwhelm some of the others here if you use more than that.
I'd only add more Apple Pie if you like lots and lots of crust (and I'd add only 1% or less). That would reduce the sweetness, too.

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the suggestions and yes, I've had it steeping for 4 days now. I can wait longer though and see if the apple comes out a bit more.

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

HIC's County Fair Apple Pie recipe: FANTASTIC! juicy apple pie with all kinds of delicious additions - read notes for possible substitutions

1% FA Apple Pie
1% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Nut Mix
0.5% FA Maple Syrup
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

This is 5% total flavoring. If you like subtle flavoring, be prepared to add a little extra nic base. There is no loss of any flavor notes down to 2.5%.

Walnut and Nut Mix - use any combination you want or have to total 1.5%. Walnut (which is also in Nut Mix) sweetens the apples. This is not a nutty-tasting pie. Nuts add to the crust flavor instead of standing out. If you have only Hazelnut, use half as much and expect to taste hazelnut in there. It's unexpectedly good in an apple pie.

maple - makes the apple POP and adds sweet, juicy flavor. Can't make this without FA Maple Syrup

irish cream - adds a sophisticated flavor. The deep flavor complements the apples and blends the flavors.

brandy - if you don't have it, FA Jamaican Rum stands in well. Neither make this pie taste boozy. If you have only FA Whiskey, use just 0.5% and leave out Irish Cream and Brandy.

cinnamon - this is just a hint of cinnamon. You can add more, but I suggest waiting a day or two. Cinnamon gains strength as the recipe ages.

brown sugar - deepens the crust of apple pie and helps it all taste bubbly-baked.

Try it fresh, it's delicious! But also set some aside for a day or two, when it will be smoother, still delicious.

If you make enough, try some a la Mode! Just dilute it about half-strength (assuming you made it full-strength as written) and add about 2% Vienna Cream. That turns it into Apple Pie flavored ice cream.
Well, I'm not sure if this taste like apple pie or not really. I made a small batch and fresh it tasted really strongly like nuts. It had mellowed a lot over night and definitely had more of an apple pie flavor, but it wasn't quite there. I vaped every bit of it that day so I have no idea if it would have made it to full apple pie flavor or not but I suspect it would. Either way it's a good vape! I'll have you know that you are the main reason it takes me so long to sort through the desk drawer in search of a particular flavor, and I've got another 90$'s worth of flavor on the way. I'm definitely gonna have to get a different system in place for organization! Keep up the good work!

Bryan92081

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
We2, that was/is the whole point of this recipe. It shows you HOW to bring out the apple flavor in that Apple Pie. Do not add any Apple or Fuji (or any other apple flavoring) to it! The other flavorings work some magic here. After a great deal of experimenting, I narrowed it down to FA Walnut.

FA Walnut brings out the apple in Apple Pie and makes FA Banana taste stronger. I think it has a few other tricks that I haven't yet discovered.

I made another batch of this this last weekend. Well, after heating this a little and shaking the devil out of it....wait for it....wait for it....WTF, HOW DID THIS HAPPEN, HIC, YOU SIR ARE A GENIUS!!! This definitely turned into apple pie by some form of magic or witchcraft, lol. You've got some serious skills when it comes to your recipes. Thanks again!

Would not adding the brown sugar extra make a huge difference would like to stick with all flavour art flavours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Would not adding the brown sugar extra make a huge difference would like to stick with all flavour art flavours

I think the best stand-in would FA Jamaican Rum and the same percent. That's be a little sweeter. If you're very adventurous, you could try a very small amount (0.25% at MOST) of FA Licorice. It has some molasses flavor to it. If you use Licorice, best to wait a day or two before you try it (or you'll taste a lot of anise).

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Hi HIC

I dont have the Brown Sugar is there something i coud replace it with or is it still ok if i leave it out?

See my post right above your question (Jamaican Rum, same percent -- or if you want to experiment, 0.25% or less of FA Licorice for a molasses flavor).

See my post right above your question (Jamaican Rum, same percent -- or if you want to experiment, 0.25% or less of FA Licorice for a molasses flavor).

wtf, i read this post like 2 times and didnt saw that comment. im very sorry! Must have read to much of your recipies today :)

sharabear

Member For 4 Years

1% FA Apple Pie
1% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Nut Mix
0.5% FA Maple Syrup
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

maple - makes the apple POP and adds sweet, juicy flavor. Can't make this without FA Maple Syrup!

Have tried walnut from Lorians ,can not find FA walnut in any supplies in canada

RonaldStark

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

1% FA Apple Pie
1% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Nut Mix
0.5% FA Maple Syrup
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Hey HIC, Thanks for sharing all your trial and error with everyone it is muchly appreciated. Especially as I am new to mixing.

I would love to mix this recipe ASAP and thought I had everything but I realize now that I have TFA irish cream, and TFA brown sugar (no extra).
Any suggestions for making this work?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
... I have TFA irish cream, and TFA brown sugar (no extra).
Any suggestions for making this work?

You're fine with TFA Brown Sugar. They just dropped the 'extra' from the name - didn't change the flavoring.

If you know you like their Irish Cream, try it using that. If you aren't sure, then maybe use 0.5% Apple or Fuji in its place. It's flexible - use what sounds best to you.

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

1% FA Apple Pie
1% FA Walnut
0.5% FA Nut Mix
0.5% FA Maple Syrup
0.5% FA Irish Cream
0.5% FA Brandy
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon

Hi buddy, quick question, do you vape your juices like this in a tank or dripper ?, just wondered how this tasted in a tank, I'm a tank guy now as I find Drippers too good on flavor and if I picked my Drippers back up all my expensive tanks would be back on shelf lol, and I'm getting awesome flavour out my ubertoot and vapour giants at moment anyway

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC when you say for a la mode just dilute 1/2 strength.do you mean make this recipe 1/2 ea flavor then add Vienna?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC when you say for a la mode just dilute 1/2 strength.do you mean make this recipe 1/2 ea flavor then add Vienna?

I think that's what I meant - but I wrote that long ago.
It took me a while to realize nearly everyone prefers more flavoring than I used back then. Today I'd suggest making this one as it's written, trying it, then add Vienna Cream.

PolarBear

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to like more flavor too, but now I tend to mix a bit milder as I find it more plesurable & I get more from it, it cracks me up when I see juice clones like boss sauce cuttwood at 30% flavors lol, I'm more than certain that isn't 30% flavor like lol,

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I realize this is an older thread but it's a timely question... would adding walnut help with a cobbler type dish? I've been worked on some type of a cobbler and I can't seem to get it as rich as I'd like...

I realize this is an older thread but it's a timely question... would adding walnut help with a cobbler type dish? I've been worked on some type of a cobbler and I can't seem to get it as rich as I'd like...
If you check out "HIC" notes, just search it on Google, he states that using FA Cookie can give FA Apple pie a cobbler like taste.

Good luck and happy mixing

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but I just tried this one tonight after letting it sit for a week. My boys smelled it and said "Pancakes" as they got a whiff of the maple syrup. This one is delicious. I'm amazed. I could vape just HIC's recipes for the rest of my life and be content. Ok, maybe just one Raspberry Vanilla Custard in addition.

VU Sponsors