HIC's CREAMY STRAWBERRY MALT+

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Creamy Strawberry Malt+ recipe: strawberry-vanilla ice cream, creamy chocolate milk, a swirl of malt, and a drizzle of caramel syrup. All in one tank!

2.5% FA Strawberry
1.5% FA Choc
1% FA Oba-Oba or 1% FA Marshmallow *
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Meringue (optional, but include it if you have it)
0.5% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine (available here)

* In a side-by-side vape, the Oba-Oba version of this recipe has a little deeper malty flavor to it. If you already have Oba-Oba I recommend it here, but Marshmallow also works just fine.

FA Strawberry is absolutely delicious in this malt! I think FA Cherry would also be good and intend to try that in a future batch.

Last edited:

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not even half way through this 3 Milky Musketeers but I can't wait any more. I think I'm going to try this one before I add the chocolate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm not even half way through this 3 Milky Musketeers but I can't wait any more. I think I'm going to try this one before I add the chocolate.

RyGon, I'm working on your vanilla malt. It won't let you down! The malt effect does require some chocolate flavor. You (personally) might be able to get it with FA Cocoa, but that flavoring is too distinctively cocoa-like to me. If you use FA Cocoa, you absolutely taste some chocolatey flavor. But if you use FA Chocolate with a light hand, you taste no chocolate flavor, just the "missing link" for the deep notes of malt flavor. I'll try to get the vanilla malt posted with all my notes today. Hang in there.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
RyGon, I'm working on your vanilla malt. It won't let you down! The malt effect does require some chocolate flavor. You (personally) might be able to get it with FA Cocoa, but that flavoring is too distinctively cocoa-like to me. If you use FA Cocoa, you absolutely taste some chocolatey flavor. But if you use FA Chocolate with a light hand, you taste no chocolate flavor, just the "missing link" for the deep notes of malt flavor. I'll try to get the vanilla malt posted with all my notes today. Hang in there.
35304o.jpg

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

lol, okay, Veruca Salt! Here it is in progress, but you gotta read the notes following it.

First of all, I assume you're trying to avoid all diacetyl/subs, because there are malt flavors out there - all contain those ingredients, though. In my opinion, TFA Malted Milk is gross, anyway. If you vape those ingredients, Nature's Flavors makes a Malt you might like; so does FA in their kitchen magic line. But I assume you don't want those, or you'd use them.

Veruca's Vanilla Malty, but not a final recipe, read the notes
1% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Oba Oba (Marshmallow if don't have Oba Oba)
1% FA Caramel
0.5 - 1% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% FA Chocolate or more
1%+ Sucralose sweetener, if you're willing, really highly recommended

The more you remove the supporting sweet flavors (strawberry, meringue, torrone, etc) from the other malty recipes, the less sweet the remaining vanilla-malty flavors taste. A milkshake needs to be sweeet, and man is this good with some Sucralose. The more you remove flavors your brain associates with malt (for me, that's Cocoa), the less malty it tastes. Oba Oba boosts the malt flavor more than Marshmallow, so it really is superior here. Yes, Chocolate really must be there to help with malt flavor; 0.5% is the lowest that works for me, and it does not make this taste chocolate. I like to taste it, so I prefer a little more, but I know it's not a favorite flavor for you.

Acetyl pyrazine is in a balancing act with the sweetener. If you're not willing to use Sucralose, use more ap to gain some sweetness (ap makes FA Caramel very sweet). I started with .5% ap and 1% Sucralose -- ended up about 1% ap and >>1% sweetener, but I'll let you find your own sweet spot.

If you're not willing to use sweetener, replace it with SOME compatible sweet flavor, which of course makes it something besides a vanilla malt. Banana-Vanilla Malt? Malty Vanilla Torrone? Honey-Vanilla Malt? (If you use FA Honey, use an extremely light touch; it's very strong) I think the sweetener works well. Ethyl maltol ('cotton candy') did not work well for me, messed up the malt bit, so I recommend Sucralose over it.

Have at it, Veruca!

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol, okay, Veruca Salt! Here it is in progress, but you gotta read the notes following it.

First of all, I assume you're trying to avoid all diacetyl/subs, because there are malt flavors out there - all contain those ingredients, though. In my opinion, TFA Malted Milk is gross, anyway. If you vape those ingredients, Nature's Flavors makes a Malt you might like; so does FA in their kitchen magic line. But I assume you don't want those, or you'd use them.

Veruca's Vanilla Malty, but not a final recipe, read the notes
1% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Oba Oba (Marshmallow if don't have Oba Oba)
1% FA Caramel
0.5 - 1% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% FA Chocolate or more
1%+ Sucralose sweetener, if you're willing, really highly recommended

The more you remove the supporting sweet flavors (strawberry, meringue, torrone, etc) from the other malty recipes, the less sweet the remaining vanilla-malty flavors taste. A milkshake needs to be sweeet, and man is this good with some Sucralose. The more you remove flavors your brain associates with malt (for me, that's Cocoa), the less malty it tastes. Oba Oba boosts the malt flavor more than Marshmallow, so it really is superior here. Yes, Chocolate really must be there to help with malt flavor; 0.5% is the lowest that works for me, and it does not make this taste chocolate. I like to taste it, so I prefer a little more, but I know it's not a favorite flavor for you.

Acetyl pyrazine is in a balancing act with the sweetener. If you're not willing to use Sucralose, use more ap to gain some sweetness (ap makes FA Caramel very sweet). I started with .5% ap and 1% Sucralose -- ended up about 1% ap and >>1% sweetener, but I'll let you find your own sweet spot.

If you're not willing to use sweetener, replace it with SOME compatible sweet flavor, which of course makes it something besides a vanilla malt. Banana-Vanilla Malt? Malty Vanilla Torrone? Honey-Vanilla Malt? (If you use FA Honey, use an extremely light touch; it's very strong) I think the sweetener works well. Ethyl maltol ('cotton candy') did not work well for me, messed up the malt bit, so I recommend Sucralose over it.

Have at it, Veruca!
LOL, awesome!

Do you think Vanilla Bourbon/Tahiti would sub for classic?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made this this afternoon - very good, and bold flavor! It'll be interesting to see how it is in a day or two - I suspect it will smooth out and become nice and mellow.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
LOL, awesome!

Do you think Vanilla Bourbon/Tahiti would sub for classic?

I sure think so.
I was about to type Bourbon, because it would go well for the ice cream part.
Then I thought Tahiti, because that bit of almond would go well for the malt.
So flip a coin, pick your own favorite, or use a combination!
(I use Classic because it matches the vanilla flavor in most vanilla ice creams)

Talon4x4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How important is the FA strawberry?! This sounds delicious and its the only flavor I don't have. I only have CAP sweet strawberry, TFA Ripe and Jungle Flavors strawberry

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How important is the FA strawberry?! This sounds delicious and its the only flavor I don't have. I only have CAP sweet strawberry, TFA Ripe and Jungle Flavors strawberry
its important as it is the main flavor and its delicious. HIC keeping me on my toes with flavors i need lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I used FA Strawberry because it's so realistic, but if you have another you really like, it won't mess up the other flavors here. Capellas would make a very sweet malt, like adding strawberry syrup instead of fresh berries. If you have a sweet tooth, that could be very good. I don't know the JF version and haven't had my TFA out in a very long time, so I can't comment on those two versus FA.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ok, so I just went ahead and made a little 3ml Veruca's Vanilla Malty 1% across the board with Vanilla Bourbon and Sucralose. This a a milder vape than the 3 Milky Musketeers or the Creamy Strawberry Malt+. Not as heavy, and not as sweet. Also, not as malty as the chocolate versions. I get a white (as opposed to yellow), milky, vanilla malt. Not super strong vanilla and the malt is wanting some of the dark sweetness of the chocolate versions. Possibly the vanilla could be competing a bit with the malt. Maybe a bit more Caramel would help. Maybe some Meringue to go a little yellower. This is more likely something that could be an ADV for me. Closer to my tastes but not as accurate or indulgent as the Creamy Strawberry Malt+ yet.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vanilla Version

I'm wondering if some TFA Vanillin would enhance the Vanilla or change the flavor?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Vanilla Version

I'm wondering if some TFA Vanillin would enhance the Vanilla or change the flavor?

enhance :p use at 1-2%
but it will only go so far, with the chocolate being used..
it will pick up some of the vanilla..

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, so I just went ahead and made a little 3ml Veruca's Vanilla Malty 1% across the board with Vanilla Bourbon and Sucralose. This a a milder vape than the 3 Milky Musketeers or the Creamy Strawberry Malt+. Not as heavy, and not as sweet. Also, not as malty as the chocolate versions. I get a white (as opposed to yellow), milky, vanilla malt. Not super strong vanilla and the malt is wanting some of the dark sweetness of the chocolate versions. Possibly the vanilla could be competing a bit with the malt. Maybe a bit more Caramel would help. Maybe some Meringue to go a little yellower. This is more likely something that could be an ADV for me. Closer to my tastes but not as accurate or indulgent as the Creamy Strawberry Malt+ yet.

Yes, Veruca is not as sweet. That's part of her personality, lol. If you picture the actual food models next to each other (straw-van-choc-malt-with-caramel, a Milky Way candy bar, and a plain vanilla malt) - it's understandable. Here are some tips regarding additions you might like.

Extra caramel would add deeper, sweeter flavor. It won't add any complexity or interest, though. Meringue is light, bright and fluffy to me, so I'd avoid adding more if you want richness and darker flavor. Marshmallow (got Oba Oba to use a combination?) is less bright, could bring that "yellow" flavor you describe. It also has some vanilla in it. If almond sounds good (almond-vanilla malt), you're in luck - Marzipan would certainly give the sweetness needed - along with amaretto-type almond flavor. Torrone would also add sweetness, but its bit of almond would have nowhere to hide in plain vanilla malt.

Some barley malt syrups and powders contain molasses. There's only 1 molasses flavoring, and it's made with diacetyl subsitutes (TFA) but otherwise a tiny bit would absolutely deserve a spot for darker malt flavor and sweetness. I've used Maple Syrup as a molasses sub in other recipes, but it has a distinct flavor I think would stand out here. FA Jamaican Rum leaps to mind. Remember we're talking about tiny additions. Now I'm craving a Vanilla-Rum Malt, but you have more self-control than I do, I'm sure. tiny bit...

Knowing the chocolate needs to be there, and seeing you consider more Caramel, I'm thinking some FA Irish Cream in place of or in addition to the Chocolate would be reasonable. Tiny bit, if you have self-control that I lack.

You could use bits of Rum and Irish Cream, so that the total added is still <1%. Then you'd get the darker flavor, sweeter, a little richer, but not the distinctive impression of either one.

Regarding your Vanilla Bourbon - it's the least sweet of FA's three vanillas. Vanilla Tahiti is the sweetest. (I take it you don't have Classic, which is fine). Never be afraid to mix vanillas, including other brands if you like them.

You could put these all together, again in tiny bits to total 1% or less: extra Caramel and Marshmallow/ObaOba, hint of Rum and Irish. And sub/add sweeter vanilla. All will sweeten, and some will add to (or at least not detract from) deeper flavor.

If you're willing to try it, you might find the tiniest bit of FA Cocoa makes malt flavor pop out. It does for me, because I so often taste malt in the presence of chocolate. That is more of a mind-trick than a flavor trick.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you could try adding a drop or 2 of white vinegar as well..
it does tend to make things a bit more full, and some flavors do "pop" :)

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, Veruca is not as sweet. That's part of her personality, lol. If you picture the actual food models next to each other (straw-van-choc-malt-with-caramel, a Milky Way candy bar, and a plain vanilla malt) - it's understandable. Here are some tips regarding additions you might like.

Extra caramel would add deeper, sweeter flavor. It won't add any complexity or interest, though. Meringue is light, bright and fluffy to me, so I'd avoid adding more if you want richness and darker flavor. Marshmallow (got Oba Oba to use a combination?) is less bright, could bring that "yellow" flavor you describe. It also has some vanilla in it. If almond sounds good (almond-vanilla malt), you're in luck - Marzipan would certainly give the sweetness needed - along with amaretto-type almond flavor. Torrone would also add sweetness, but its bit of almond would have nowhere to hide in plain vanilla malt.

Some barley malt syrups and powders contain molasses. There's only 1 molasses flavoring, and it's made with diacetyl subsitutes (TFA) but otherwise a tiny bit would absolutely deserve a spot for darker malt flavor and sweetness. I've used Maple Syrup as a molasses sub in other recipes, but it has a distinct flavor I think would stand out here. FA Jamaican Rum leaps to mind. Remember we're talking about tiny additions. Now I'm craving a Vanilla-Rum Malt, but you have more self-control than I do, I'm sure. tiny bit...

Knowing the chocolate needs to be there, and seeing you consider more Caramel, I'm thinking some FA Irish Cream in place of or in addition to the Chocolate would be reasonable. Tiny bit, if you have self-control that I lack.

You could use bits of Rum and Irish Cream, so that the total added is still <1%. Then you'd get the darker flavor, sweeter, a little richer, but not the distinctive impression of either one.

Regarding your Vanilla Bourbon - it's the least sweet of FA's three vanillas. Vanilla Tahiti is the sweetest. (I take it you don't have Classic, which is fine). Never be afraid to mix vanillas, including other brands if you like them.

You could put these all together, again in tiny bits to total 1% or less: extra Caramel and Marshmallow/ObaOba, hint of Rum and Irish. And sub/add sweeter vanilla. All will sweeten, and some will add to (or at least not detract from) deeper flavor.

If you're willing to try it, you might find the tiniest bit of FA Cocoa makes malt flavor pop out. It does for me, because I so often taste malt in the presence of chocolate. That is more of a mind-trick than a flavor trick.
Great info HIC. Next batch I think I will try:
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Marshmallow (will have to order Oba Oba)
1.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% acetyl pyrazine (maybe go back up to 1%)
0.5% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Irish Cream
Sucralose sweetener I'll try it without and work up.

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Great info HIC. Next batch I think I will try:
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Vienna Cream
1.5% FA Marshmallow (will have to order Oba Oba)
1.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% acetyl pyrazine (maybe go back up to 1%)
0.5% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Irish Cream

I'm vaping something similar now, RyGon. With that much marshmallow+caramel, you definitely need 1% ap or you'll get caramel-vanilla instead of vanilla-malt.

I don't usually post stuff in progress, but so that we can compare notes, here's mine right now: 2 Marshmallow, 2 vanilla classic, 1 caramel, 1 ap, .5 choc, .5 cocoa, .5 rum, .5 torrone. The rum, chocolate, and torrone are NOT tasted. I handed this to my partner and got the reply, "vanilla, sweet...uhm, milkshake?" When I asked if it's malty, "oh, that's what that is, yeah, but it's light" Neither of us taste those .5 ingredients at all, partner doesn't taste ap (and is more sensitive to it than I am), both agree it's sweet enough. Skipping Vienna Cream for more vanilla and marshmallow was a good move. Now I just need maltier and will work on that today. I'll keep using Marshmallow instead of Oba Oba for now, since you don't have it.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm vaping something similar now, RyGon. With that much marshmallow+caramel, you definitely need 1% ap or you'll get caramel-vanilla instead of vanilla-malt.

I don't usually post stuff in progress, but so that we can compare notes, here's mine right now: 2 Marshmallow, 2 vanilla classic, 1 caramel, 1 ap, .5 choc, .5 cocoa, .5 rum, .5 torrone. The rum, chocolate, and torrone are NOT tasted. I handed this to my partner and got the reply, "vanilla, sweet...uhm, milkshake?" When I asked if it's malty, "oh, that's what that is, yeah, but it's light" Neither of us taste those .5 ingredients at all, partner doesn't taste ap (and is more sensitive to it than I am), both agree it's sweet enough. Skipping Vienna Cream for more vanilla and marshmallow was a good move. Now I just need maltier and will work on that today. I'll keep using Marshmallow instead of Oba Oba for now, since you don't have it.
Cool, copying off your homework maybe I will change that a little to:
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Vanilla Bourbon
2% FA Marshmallow (will have to order Oba Oba)
1.5% FA Caramel
1% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Irish Cream (maybe 1%)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That is some excellent info there, HIC. Rygon, I used caramel in a cookie recipe a while back with vanilla. I recall it simply being a bit more creamy, definitely vanilla flavor and I didn't notice the caramel standing out. Now, I didn't know all this about adding caramel, I can just say that it works, and now I know why, lol.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
you could try adding a drop or 2 of white vinegar as well..
it does tend to make things a bit more full, and some flavors do "pop" :)
I don't know why these natural flavorings scare me.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@RyGon , I have vanilla malt to 9/10 on the Veruca Scale now. I have 3 variations of it - using Vanilla Tahiti, Bourbon, and Classic. I have to recommend you avoid Tahiti for this and consider getting Vanilla Classic. It's is the clear winner for vanilla ice cream flavor, in my opinion, and makes more of a difference than I figured it would. Even plain vanillin would beat Vanilla Tahiti for ice cream flavor. Bourbon is a step better. Classic is ideal, in my opinion.

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@RyGon , I have vanilla malt to 9/10 on the Veruca Scale now. I have 3 variations of it - using Vanilla Tahiti, Bourbon, and Classic. I have to recommend you avoid Tahiti for this and consider getting Vanilla Classic. It's is the clear winner for vanilla ice cream flavor, in my opinion, and makes more of a difference than I figured it would. Even plain vanillin would beat Vanilla Tahiti for ice cream flavor. Bourbon is a step better. Classic is ideal, in my opinion.
Let me know what you came up with. I am really enjoying:

2% FA Marshmallow
1.5% FA Caramel
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Vanilla Bourbon
1% FA Irish Cream
0.5% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Cocoa

I also have a bottle of neapolitan here thats yummy. Its got leftovers of the 3 Milky Musketeers, Creamy Strawberry Malt+, and Veruca's Vanilla Malty.:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Let me know what you came up with. I am really enjoying:

2% FA Marshmallow
1.5% FA Caramel
1% FA Vanilla Tahiti
1% FA Vanilla Bourbon
1% FA Irish Cream
0.5% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% FA Chocolate
0.5% FA Cocoa

I also have a bottle of neapolitan here thats yummy. Its got leftovers of the 3 Milky Musketeers, Creamy Strawberry Malt+, and Veruca's Vanilla Malty.:)

lol, I have a leftovers neapolitan bottle, too. They're not bad poured together.

Searching for elements of actual malt flavor, I ended up at sites like this one. Molasses shows up repeatedly in all the discussions of malt, and licorice is often mentioned with that. FA Licorice is heavy on the molasses flavor, more than Jamaican Rum, so it became my molasses flavor and works great. Other flavors mentioned in profiles of various actual malts included cocoa, dark espresso, wood, burnt sugar. Combining the dark espresso + cocoa, I decided to try Tiramisu. I can see how Irish Cream works well for you - similar flavors at work there. The extra vanilla cake in Tiramisu is a bonus. It takes very little and reduced my total flavoring, which always pleases me. EM (ethyl maltol, aka Cotton Candy) is the exact flavor of burnt sugar. Brown Sugar Extra adds to the dark bit, disguises licorice, and interacts well with Tiramisu. Last flavor I added was Oakwood for the wood bit. I already know it's awesome with vanillas, and it adds deep sweetness that's right at home in malt, but not required like the others to get a complete malt flavor. With all these dark, sweet flavors, I'm no longer needing any sweetener, and the malt is strong and clear to me. I may still fiddle with percents and ratios before I consider this finished, so I'll post it only here for now. I have a big bottle of this mixed - will see how it ages if I don't vape it all too fast.

Vanilla Malt, not yet final
2% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Caramel
1% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% ethyl maltol (aka TFA Cotton Candy)
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Licorice
0.25-0.5% FA Tiramisu (mellows as it ages, go low for immediate use)
(optional) 0.25% FA Oakwood

RyGon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
lol, I have a leftovers neapolitan bottle, too. They're not bad poured together.

Searching for elements of actual malt flavor, I ended up at sites like this one. Molasses shows up repeatedly in all the discussions of malt, and licorice is often mentioned with that. FA Licorice is heavy on the molasses flavor, more than Jamaican Rum, so it became my molasses flavor and works great. Other flavors mentioned in profiles of various actual malts included cocoa, dark espresso, wood, burnt sugar. Combining the dark espresso + cocoa, I decided to try Tiramisu. I can see how Irish Cream works well for you - similar flavors at work there. The extra vanilla cake in Tiramisu is a bonus. It takes very little and reduced my total flavoring, which always pleases me. EM (ethyl maltol, aka Cotton Candy) is the exact flavor of burnt sugar. Brown Sugar Extra adds to the dark bit, disguises licorice, and interacts well with Tiramisu. Last flavor I added was Oakwood for the wood bit. I already know it's awesome with vanillas, and it adds deep sweetness that's right at home in malt, but not required like the others to get a complete malt flavor. With all these dark, sweet flavors, I'm no longer needing any sweetener, and the malt is strong and clear to me. I may still fiddle with percents and ratios before I consider this finished, so I'll post it only here for now. I have a big bottle of this mixed - will see how it ages if I don't vape it all too fast.

Vanilla Malt, not yet final
2% FA Vanilla Classic
1% FA Marshmallow
1% FA Caramel
1% acetyl pyrazine
0.5% ethyl maltol (aka TFA Cotton Candy)
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar Extra
0.5% FA Licorice
0.25-0.5% FA Tiramisu (mellows as it ages, go low for immediate use)
(optional) 0.25% FA Oakwood
Ha! I knew it was just a matter of time before the Brown Sugar Extra came out. I don't have Licorice and I think my Tiramisu might be bad. I just get really strong coffee every time I use it. The EM makes sense and I do have Oakewood I haven't played with yet. That sounds interesting. You have had a pretty epic week for desert vapes. I'm going to have to balance things out with a week of tobaccos or something. These recipes are going to give me a cavity.

BTW, this should be a couple more pages in that book you are going to write.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Ha! I knew it was just a matter of time before the Brown Sugar Extra came out. I don't have Licorice and I think my Tiramisu might be bad. I just get really strong coffee every time I use it. The EM makes sense and I do have Oakewood I haven't played with yet. That sounds interesting. You have had a pretty epic week for desert vapes. I'm going to have to balance things out with a week of tobaccos or something. These recipes are going to give me a cavity.

Your Tiramisu is fine, RyGon. It's no weakling! The other flavors in it emerge when it's mixed low, sweet flavors are added, it gets a long steep (or all of the above). My little bottle will last me forever.

I'm thinking of more dessert vapes...more Christmas cookies :) mmmm, coooookies!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Your Tiramisu is fine, RyGon. It's no weakling! The other flavors in it emerge when it's mixed low, sweet flavors are added, it gets a long steep (or all of the above). My little bottle will last me forever.

I'm thinking of more dessert vapes...more Christmas cookies :) mmmm, coooookies!
I was thinking this on my way home tonight. Deep chocolate coffee. I had the Tiramisu Cheesecake going. You're right. It's no weakling even at .5.

Edd

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HA! Yep the one at the top HIC:) I'm sure I will try the ones farther down too.

I'm late to the party on this post but I just wanted to say that this recipe is fantastic! Perfect amount of sweetness and complexity. I also wanted to ask anyone here who has made this, how long did you steep it for? I made a small bottle (15ml) 60/40 VG/PG 5mg/nic and it is extremely harsh. I keep wondering if I messed up somehow but I made a second bottle making sure I used the correct amounts of everything and it came out the same way. I used a hot water bath to quick-steep it and still it comes out almost too harsh to vape. Other juices I made recently with the same Nude Nicotine base are fine. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks again HIC!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm late to the party on this post but I just wanted to say that this recipe is fantastic! Perfect amount of sweetness and complexity. I also wanted to ask anyone here who has made this, how long did you steep it for? I made a small bottle (15ml) 60/40 VG/PG 5mg/nic and it is extremely harsh. I keep wondering if I messed up somehow but I made a second bottle making sure I used the correct amounts of everything and it came out the same way. I used a hot water bath to quick-steep it and still it comes out almost too harsh to vape. Other juices I made recently with the same Nude Nicotine base are fine. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks again HIC!

Thanks, hb!

I'm not a fan of throat hit, nose sting, or harshness. If I'm using nic I know is smooth, but I get harsh flavor (and my coil is not to blame), I dilute with some additional unflavored base. Time does mellow most mixes, too - but I'm usually not patient enough to wait.

Kelzan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got in my first ever batch of FA flavors, and i had to try this recipe as my first one. This is delicious. I have always loved strawberry vapes and this one is by far the best i have had yet.

I made it this morning after getting done midnight shift, and let it sit until i got up this afternoon. Who would have thought it would taste this great after such a short time, will this change much over the next few days or? I will be making a 30ml bottle of this soon, though i might drop the strawberry down to 2% to see how that is.

Thank you very much for sharing your recipes and taking the time to write everything out in detail on all of these wonderful flavors. I am really looking forward to trying out some more of your masterpieces.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey guys, been eying up this one... thanks to almostblizzardpocolypes I had time to mix up a 30ml. I was worried about how I was going to get this done, but ecigexpress has a %,ml, drip converter which I was a little skepticle about... but WOW... just did a shake and vape and it's amazing.
Well done @HeadInClouds

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
can't stop vaping this... it smoothed itself out overnight... it's so good today.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe a stupid question, but does the chocolate/cocoa scorch at these low %'s or do they react to high heat the same regardless of %?
... FA Licorice is heavy on the molasses flavor... Brown Sugar Extra adds to the dark bit, disguises licorice ...
As I read your attempts to fill flavor holes in the Vanilla Malt project recipe, my recent experience with RY4 Double TFA comes to mind. I've only mixed with it a few times, but I taste licorice, brown sugar for sure, and maybe molasses in it. Shout out to Rocketpuppy's RY4 :p

Last edited:

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm bummed! I was so excited to try the strawberry malt. I made a 10 ml batch and let it sit for a couple of days. The chocolate is way to strong for me. I had my buddy try it, he said "I don't taste the strawberry malt".
Can I cut some of the chocolate? I agree it needs to be there for the malt flavor, but right now it's the only flavor.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm bummed! I was so excited to try the strawberry malt. I made a 10 ml batch and let it sit for a couple of days. The chocolate is way to strong for me. I had my buddy try it, he said "I don't taste the strawberry malt".
Can I cut some of the chocolate? I agree it needs to be there for the malt flavor, but right now it's the only flavor.
Try more strawberry? Were all your drops the same?
I don't know, I'm not getting that.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No drops. I'm still learning I guess. I still use syringes. I mixed it up as HIC's recipe stated. Might just be my taste buds.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'd be tempted to just add more strawberry if I couldn't taste it. But when I make this, I taste a lot of berry. Meringue tends to emphasize it (and other fruits, for that matter).

As for the maltiness, Oba Oba adds more than Marshmallow, especially as it ages.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There's your problem... I did the same thing when I started.
You only made 10ml. You have to do drops,a syringe will add too much flavor.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you go to ecigexpress they have a link to a calculator that will break out your flavors in ml, percentage and drops.
There's not enough space to put all the ingredients in this recipe down, but the last few are all. 5% which would come out to a drop or so.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a 1 ml syringe. So it's easy to make 10 ml bottles using syringes.

@HeadInClouds I don't have the Meringue, I used marshmellow in its place, because I do have and used the Oba Oba.

I'm going to try and re make it. I will add more strawberry and cut the chocolates down some. I want a strawberry malt! LoL

Kelzan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made a 10ml batch with syringes and it turned out great. I can also taste a lot of strawberry in it, and not much chocolate.The strawberry mellowed out after a few days for me though, which i liked.

I would say you definitely need Meringue. Using the marshmallow in place of it probably made a pretty big difference.

VU Sponsors