HIC's CREAMY STRAWBERRY MALT+

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds

im still waiting to see what you end up doing with the vanilla malt.. any update on it?

What is it about the TFA malted milk that you dont like?

I don't like TFA's Malted Milk mostly because it doesn't taste right or appealing to me. It used to be listed on TFA's website with custard note ingredients (now it doesn't list the components at all; I assume they're still there). If you're gonna vape those ingredients, it should taste great, so I call theirs a fail. Yet I haven't found a way to mimic plain malt flavor with no custard note ingredients (unless some choc or strawberry is there), but I think even my fails tasted better than TFA's Malted Milk.

For a plain malt or vanilla malt, if I gotta have it, Nature's Flavors Malt (not Chocolate Malt, just the plain one) is perfection. I detect a heavy load of diacetyl subs in it. For now, I lump plain malt flavor in the same class as butter flavor and plain cake flavor -- if you want a tasty version, you gotta vape questionable ingredients. For now...

@HeadInClouds

Thats fine, i personally like the TFA malted milk flavor. Have you tried the Conensed milk from FA?
Its extremely strong for me and i wish i can use it. anything i mix it with gets overwhelmed by the condensed milk. and i mean im going low in percentage. my next step will be diluting the flavor itself and then mixing it like that to see if it works out for me.

I dont mind vaping the diacetyl subs.

I was also asking about your vanilla malt juice you were working on in this thread.. did you come up with a final version? you named it Veruca's Vanilla Malty

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Where did you find condensed milk at? I have a good recipe that I would like to try as a vape that calls for sweet condensed milk! @graffinfected

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ECX used to carry it. Not sure if they still do.

Typos brought to you by: iPhone.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems like some companies are not carrying the FA flavors that have the bad stuff in them. I found the condensed milk at jungle flavors. And maybe myfeeedom. Thier prices don't seem to be as good as bcv or ecx though.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds

Thats fine, i personally like the TFA malted milk flavor. Have you tried the Conensed milk from FA?
Its extremely strong for me and i wish i can use it. anything i mix it with gets overwhelmed by the condensed milk. and i mean im going low in percentage. my next step will be diluting the flavor itself and then mixing it like that to see if it works out for me.

I dont mind vaping the diacetyl subs.

I was also asking about your vanilla malt juice you were working on in this thread.. did you come up with a final version? you named it Veruca's Vanilla Malty

That FA Condensed Milk is indeed one tough flavoring, lol. A 10% or even 1% dilution might work better for you (to use as flavoring).

Veruca is in limbo for now.

@HeadInClouds

agreed. ill try diluting it, see what happens.

@Zeeli

I got it from ECX im not sure if they still carry it. If your looking for condensed milk flavor like what some people are used to buying from the grocery store , i think its called "la lechera" (or something like that) then this isnt it, maybe theres a way to sweeten it up to get close, but thats exactly what i was looking for when i bought it.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got it from ECX im not sure if they still carry it. If your looking for condensed milk flavor like what some people are used to buying from the grocery store , i think its called "la lechera" (or something like that) then this isnt it, maybe theres a way to sweeten it up to get close, but thats exactly what i was looking for when i bought it.

Let us know if you manage to find a use for it, I will do likewise. I picked up some thinking the same. :(

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I mixed the strawberry last night though I haven't tried it yet. I have more flavors mixed than I have attys now! Fortunately I have an order coming from Fasttech. You know. Someday.

I'm assuming this is a tank at low wattage mix due to the chocolate.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm assuming this is a tank at low wattage mix due to the chocolate.

Chocolate isn't really the problem that Cocoa is, and there's only 0.5% Cocoa. Someone ought to see how high they can push the power, but I'm sure it's much higher than cocoa-y recipes.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Arg an FA cream I don't have.. now I need condensed milk lols. Wanna make Vietnamese Coffee Vape!!

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Chocolate isn't really the problem that Cocoa is, and there's only 0.5% Cocoa. Someone ought to see how high they can push the power, but I'm sure it's much higher than cocoa-y recipes.

I cleaned, made new coils and re-wicked my marquis today, so I decided to apply some heat to this recipe. I'm running dual .8 coils in a vertical build. I have the atty on my ipv mini.

I started at 12w, 2.7v and have to up to the device max of 30w which is hitting 4.3v with this build. Wicks still look pretty clean and no burnt taste.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I cleaned, made new coils and re-wicked my marquis today, so I decided to apply some heat to this recipe. I'm running dual .8 coils in a vertical build. I have the atty on my ipv mini.

I started at 12w, 2.7v and have to up to the device max of 30w which is hitting 4.3v with this build. Wicks still look pretty clean and no burnt taste.

Thank you for doing that, @SusanP4 ! I know others will benefit from your experiment.

BuckFondue

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I vaped through a 30ml on a stillare v2i dripper running duals @ .25 on a xxix mech, nary a burnt taste to be had.

Zeeli

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Been vaping the strawberry Frapp gumroad recipe all week with the suggested variations and have been loving it more each day. Certainly well worth the price of admission if you're looking for a tasty vape. Besides, who doesn't like strawberry☺️
When I first mixed this up, honestly I didn't like it. So I let it sit. I went back to it after a week and all of the flavors had done their thing. .. Omg! It is amazing what a little steep time will do! Well worth the few dollars!

i love this stuff !! At first it was too much chocolate but it mellowed out after a few days then the strawberry came up.
Super sub ohming all day too.

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd love to hear an explanation of how Oba Oba works for maltiness, Also, maybe your description of Oba Oba as a standalone? It's one of those flavors I've just never bought because I couldn't imagine where I'd use it.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'd love to hear an explanation of how Oba Oba works for maltiness, Also, maybe your description of Oba Oba as a standalone? It's one of those flavors I've just never bought because I couldn't imagine where I'd use it.

FA calls it a tobacco. I think of it as a dirty marshmallow. It's similar to Marshmallow when first mixed and changes as it ages. When combined with some other flavors, that's the impression of malt on the exhale. Marshmallow has that to a lesser extent. I figure I've gotten my $1.50 "investment" (3ml sample bottle) back in entertainment value.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HIC, I mixed this up a couple weeks ago and have been killing it ever since. I really regret not trying it sooner. It's by far the best use for strawberry flavoring I've found.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, I mixed this up a couple weeks ago and have been killing it ever since. I really regret not trying it sooner. It's by far the best use for strawberry flavoring I've found.

It means a lot to me to hear that from you! Thanks, @downInTn :) !

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made this three days ago and let it sit with shaking and airing. I made it per the recipe but do not have AP. I can't taste anything except a little malt. I added more strawberry today and will let it sit.

Would not having the AP cause it to be almost tasteless?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I made this three days ago and let it sit with shaking and airing. I made it per the recipe but do not have AP. I can't taste anything except a little malt. I added more strawberry today and will let it sit.

Would not having the AP cause it to be almost tasteless?
I'd think it would be light malty-strawberry, but I've never made it without ap. ap really is a key ingredient.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Spent a lot on flavors. THIS close to getting AP and brown sugar extra, but then I see all those TFA recipes of yours. It never ends.

All I can do is commiserate - we all know what that's like!

jsc787

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
is there any flavor i could use to replace fresh cream?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
is there any flavor i could use to replace fresh cream?

It's just 0.5%, so I'd say just leave it out. If you have any other cream flavor (not custard or vanilla-ish, but sweet is fine), you could add it instead.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wiped up the OP recipe last week and gave it a try today.

Like what's going on in the back round, but not really getting enough strawberry to it (vaping at fairly high temp mind you, 28J/480), which i feel would really put it over.

Modification suggestions?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Be sure a) your strawberry is fresh, and b) you've shaken the hell out of it! I had a 30ml bottle of strawberry I bought some time ago that had died. And even with fresh strawberry it needs a LOT of shaking!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Like what's going on in the back round, but not really getting enough strawberry to it (vaping at fairly high temp mind you, 28J/480), which i feel would really put it over.

I would think that would be too hot for the chocolate and cocoa.

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think that would be too hot for the chocolate and cocoa.

Nah, surprisingly i'm not getting that out of the chocolate/cocoa at these %'s. Like i said, backround is solid...just not getting enough strawberry. Tempted to try Caps Sweet instead of Fa for that.

And yeah, i shaked the bottle up beforehand :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you didn't buy it from either BVC (original bottles) or MamaJs you might suspect the strawberry flavoring - that was my experience at any rate!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you didn't buy it from either BVC (original bottles) or MamaJs you might suspect the strawberry flavoring - that was my experience at any rate!

It was MamaJs, bought a couple weeks back.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I would suggest changing nothing for a couple of days, and seeing how some time (and your temperature settings) affect things. With temp control, I'd think you could emphasize the vanilla-cream-marshmallow, or strawberry, or chocolate-malty notes as you choose, if you mess around with it a while. But if you just want strawberry in the lead, add more.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
First of all - Thank you HIC for this recipe! I thoroughly enjoy it!! I'm in the same camp as @Mazam - I don't get a lot of strawberry most times - yet sometimes I do. That's just my goofy tastebuds. I'm that way with coconut as well. I let other people take a few hits of this juice and they all taste a fair amount of strawberry. But, I'll simply add more strawberry the next time I mix this recipe. Doesn't keep me from loving it the way it is though - there's plenty of flavor to satisfy!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
First of all - Thank you HIC for this recipe! I thoroughly enjoy it!! I'm in the same camp as @Mazam - I don't get a lot of strawberry most times - yet sometimes I do. That's just my goofy tastebuds. I'm that way with coconut as well. I let other people take a few hits of this juice and they all taste a fair amount of strawberry. But, I'll simply add more strawberry the next time I mix this recipe. Doesn't keep me from loving it the way it is though - there's plenty of flavor to satisfy!

Your tastebuds aren't goofy - it's designed to give you varying flavor combinations. That's the way I like it, but the cool thing with DIY is everyone can adjust to suit their own preferences. :)

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks again HIC. Gave this one a whirl and let it steep for a week. I tried it out tonight. I think I'm going to have to pump up the strawberry. I've got the malt and cream a-plenty but not getting a lot of strawberry. Didn't have the FA Marshmallow so went with a bumped up amount of TFA. Worked fine. AP usually usually makes me want to gag, and I went light on it with this, but I have to agree that the AP is what makes this work. I could still stand to back it off a bit for me though. AP in a mix almost always makes me think of communion wafers. Blech. FYI, at 70W it's just fine so far in my atty. No gunk.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I never imagined strawberries malted quite like this. Yes yes yes I enjoyed this very much (especially after 4 day steep) but I'm just as curious about "malting" other fruits or spices in a similar way. I'd been dodging this recipe for fear of scorching cocoa, but it's great @ 75 watts on a .5 ohm DC so I'm happy.

I would also like to pull some more strawberry flavor out of this mix, but the overall % is already high so I'll start by rolling back the chocolate or (the sum of the) malt flavors by 1/2%, strawberry up 1/2%. Yay for a calculator and a scale when splitting the hairs... Also maybe subbing AP for 1/4% more popcorn TPA since it's just AP and maltol

Veruca's Malt is in the crosshairs now, for science. Thanks @HeadInClouds ! All these "critiques" are sparks of flavor imagination, inspired by the recipe... everyone wants heaven their way haha

Last edited:

OneLief

Unique and Ingenious Title
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Quick question. Can I use TFA Marshmallow? I know it has the bad stuff but I don't have any FA. I just ordered 28 FA flavors to add to the 20 I already have and no marshmallow. It's going on the next order but in the meantime...

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Quick question. Can I use TFA Marshmallow? I know it has the bad stuff but I don't have any FA. I just ordered 28 FA flavors to add to the 20 I already have and no marshmallow. It's going on the next order but in the meantime...

A couple posts before yours, @Tcar mentioned it worked for him. I haven't tried it.

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks again HIC. Gave this one a whirl and let it steep for a week. I tried it out tonight. I think I'm going to have to pump up the strawberry. I've got the malt and cream a-plenty but not getting a lot of strawberry. Didn't have the FA Marshmallow so went with a bumped up amount of TFA. Worked fine. AP usually usually makes me want to gag, and I went light on it with this, but I have to agree that the AP is what makes this work. I could still stand to back it off a bit for me though. AP in a mix almost always makes me think of communion wafers. Blech. FYI, at 70W it's just fine so far in my atty. No gunk.
What % TFA Marshmallow did you use?

Tcar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What % TFA Marshmallow did you use?
I wanna say 5%. I know I wrote it down on the print out but can't find the paper and I didn't save the recipe with substitutions in my mixing calc. I'm 95% sure it was 5%. It could possibly stand 7 or 8% just fine.

OneLief

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wanna say 5%. I know I wrote it down on the print out but can't find the paper and I didn't save the recipe with substitutions in my mixing calc. I'm 95% sure it was 5%.
Thanks for the reply. I'll try that.

VU Sponsors