Become a Patron!

HIC's CREAMY STRAWBERRY MALT+

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Holy sweet bajesus, this is awesome. Steeped for ~16 hours and i'm in LOVE with it.

Could be fun to make one with blackcurrant. Think it'll go nice with this mix.

Edit:

I think this is the best thing i've ever vaped. DAMN i love this stuff.
@HeadInClouds Thanks for the recipe!

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Holy sweet bajesus, this is awesome. Steeped for ~16 hours and i'm in LOVE with it.

Could be fun to make one with blackcurrant. Think it'll go nice with this mix.

Edit:

I think this is the best thing i've ever vaped. DAMN i love this stuff.
@HeadInClouds Thanks for the recipe!

FA Blackcurrant is a really good flavor stand alone at 2-2.5%, or even with a little cream added.

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FA Blackcurrant is a really good flavor stand alone at 2-2.5%, or even with a little cream added.

It's really good. Reminds me of this:
1001017.jpg

It's a squash? Atleast that's what google translate tells me. Basicly you mix it with water, and boom. Godlike drink in your glass.
Used to drink it all the time, at my grandma's house, as a kid. :)

I tend to mix FA Blackcurrant with white Liquorice from a place called Bolsjehuset. Salty liquorice with blackcurrant and a tiny bit of menthol, makes a great summer vape. :)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made the mix, figure me I would let it age. Kinda kicking myself that I left home with out it. Now I'm stuck in Seattle dreaming of strawberry malt.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is there a sub for AP? See it alot and don't have it.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There isn't a perfect sub. I know I asked this somewhere else and some folks recommended using cookie fa or biscuit INW. At very very low amounts. To be honest I tweaked the recipie with cookie FA. It was great and since mixed it again and still loved it...but it was not the intention of HIC and would be way way better with AP. I now have AP, but haven't tried it yet.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
as far as AP goes definitely a one of a kind catalyst for flavors .. altho the cookie/biscuit trick does work some in a pinch !

word of advice tho.. if you haven't ever used it before, some of us (who me? ;p) find it a bit overpowering. I cut it to 1/4 of the recipe to start and slowly move up from there - if you open the bottle and instantly smell frito's corn chips .. i'd sneak up on it first - lol

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting up with the vapes again - one of my first stops ..... HIC's C. Straw Malt of course!! ( and also the 3 Musketeers!) hitting the Gumroad trail soon.

Hi Teresa! long time no c! Glad to see ya still here!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting up with the vapes again - one of my first stops ..... HIC's C. Straw Malt of course!! ( and also the 3 Musketeers!) hitting the Gumroad trail soon.

Hi Teresa! long time no c! Glad to see ya still here!
Nice to see you back too! Aw, I love it here, it's "home".....:)

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. I love this This recpie. Sadly I forgot to mix this last weekend. :(.

But I was wondering. Could or would Thisbe just as good with other FA fruit. Has anybody tried. Like white peach. Or other?

tonyp1119

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Creamy Strawberry Malt+ recipe: strawberry-vanilla ice cream, creamy chocolate milk, a swirl of malt, and a drizzle of caramel syrup. All in one tank!

2.5% FA Strawberry
1.5% FA Choc
1% FA Oba-Oba or 1% FA Marshmallow *
1% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Cocoa
0.5% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Meringue (optional, but include it if you have it)
0.5% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine (available here)

* In a side-by-side vape, the Oba-Oba version of this recipe has a little deeper malty flavor to it. If you already have Oba-Oba I recommend it here, but Marshmallow also works just fine.

FA Strawberry is absolutely delicious in this malt! I think FA Cherry would also be good and intend to try that in a future batch.
I have to say that this is one of the best mixes I ever try my friend. It's in my daily rotation, that's for sure. Thank you so much HIC's for sharing, is absolutely fantastic...

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
HIC....Your like an Evil Genius !
Every page I go on ....You've got another super recipe
This is the last 1 I'm making today ... upto 9 mixes today
ALL YOURS !! lol

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I must have overdone the TFA Ap 5%, I'm sure I only added 0.05ml (0.5% - as per recipe) to make a 10ml test bottle of the strawberry malt.
The AP complete all but overwhelmed the other flavours, I must have done it wrong lol. I take it that the TFA AP 5% is pre mixed and doesn't require further mixing by me... Is that correct...?
I may just add 1 small drop/ 10ml in future

Attachments

• IMAG0631_1.jpg
    IMAG0631_1.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 18

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I must have overdone the TFA Ap 5%, I'm sure I only added 0.05ml (0.5% - as per recipe) to make a 10ml test bottle of the strawberry malt.
The AP complete all but overwhelmed the other flavours, I must have done it wrong lol. I take it that the TFA AP 5% is pre mixed and doesn't require further mixing by me... Is that correct...?
I may just add 1 small drop/ 10ml in future
It is premixed just shake well. Depending on the size of the dropper, one drop may be 0.5% by weight for 10 mls.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On another note, I tried this recipe using drops before I started using a scale. It didn't work well.

Dayze0

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm using a 1 ml syringe; looking at the amount contained I'm 'guesstimating' that it must be around 3 drops = 0.05 ml, which must be why I went wrong.
when reading up about TFA Ap 5%, a consensus seems to be 1 drop/10 ml. Just started a 'Mixing morning session' ....so will try 3 of HIC's recipes with
1 drop/10 ml of TFA Ap.
Any input on AP HIC..?
and any guidance ?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm using a 1 ml syringe; looking at the amount contained I'm 'guesstimating' that it must be around 3 drops = 0.05 ml, which must be why I went wrong.
when reading up about TFA Ap 5%, a consensus seems to be 1 drop/10 ml. Just started a 'Mixing morning session' ....so will try 3 of HIC's recipes with
1 drop/10 ml of TFA Ap.
Any input on AP HIC..?
and any guidance ?

You can try it with no ap at all first, then experiment with adding tiny bits to taste the effect it has. It might be helpful to know the history behind my ap recipes:

This recipe was one of several I made back in 2014, messing around with ap. Back then I'd seen it used only in peanutty RY4 tobacco recipes & wanted to see what other uses it might have. One of the first was Homevape Peanut Butter (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-homevape-peanut-butter-no-custard-note-ingredients.4807/), which used lots of it for a nut flavor. As you read through that thread you'll see some loved it, others used much less ap, and some never got it to work for them at all. Those who didn't like it there often *did* like it in smaller amounts as a peanut flavor, like in this more complex mix: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-chocolate-peanut-butter-milkshake.4952/. I worked on those because there was no diketone-free peanut or peanut butter flavoring at the time.

Peanut butter goes with chocolate, so I checked ap's impact on chocolate flavors. I love it with FA Cocoa+Chocolate! Toblerone (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-toblerone-chocolate-bar.23656/) was probably the first of those. Then with chocolate + nuts for Nutella (which turned into this: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-ferrero-rocher-nutella-truffles.26298/), then in recipes like 3 Milky Musketeers (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-3-milky-musketeers.30662/) this strawberry-malt one that included some fruit flavors.

Somewhere along the way I tried it with vanilla flavors & made cheesecake (http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-homevape-cheesecake.1952/). That was when I figured out many of the flavorings we use must contain ap, because they have a similar effect on the same set of flavors. FA Cookie, most graham cracker type flavorings, nearly all nut and nutty tobacco flavorings, and probably all malt flavorings fall under that umbrella. That's a roundabout way of listing the possible types of flavorings that you might like to sub for straight ap in recipes that use it, if it's not a flavoring that works for you. Of course no single flavoring will be ideal for every palate/recipe/hardware setup/etc., (also factor in advancements in hardware & increased typical wattage since 2014!) and that's where DIY experimenting comes into play. Hopefully knowing more about the history of this recipe can be useful if you're doing that. I know this isn't just a simple answer to your question, but I hope it gives you some inspiration.

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@HeadInClouds - this is delicious! What's your recommendation for flavorings to add to make this a bit more "vanilla sweet" if that makes sense

Thanks

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@HeadInClouds - this is delicious! What's your recommendation for flavorings to add to make this a bit more "vanilla sweet" if that makes sense

Without substituting or adding new ingredients, just pick Oba Oba over Marshmallow. If that's what you're using already, try adding an additional .5 or 1%.

VU Sponsors