Become a Patron!

HIC's Doublemint Gum

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Wrigley's "Doublemint" is just spearmint and peppermint. Lots of brands can do a reasonable version, but you may have to experiment to get the two flavors equal strength. FlavourArt makes a great vape version super simple:

2% FA Peppermint
2% FA Spearmint

Shake and vape. Try chewing a stick while vaping this for the freshest breath around.

-----
This is a good one to make to see how your preference for level of flavoring compares to mine. It's just equal amounts of two flavors, so easily adjusted to suit yourself. If you like 1.5% each or 2% each, you'll probably be satisfied with the percents I use on most recipes. If you have to use more than 2% for good flavor, you'll probably want more flavoring on my other recipes, too.

Last edited:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
this has become a staple in our house for a couple years now. jessica loves this. :) just mixed her up another 120 mls and thought Id leave a comment :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It is good to bump these older recipes because the search function on VU is not always the best

My very first DIY was a similar spearmint gum similar to this

Bet I vaped about a gallon of it before giving it a rest, lol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is good to bump these older recipes because the search function on VU is not always the best

My very first DIY was a similar spearmint gum similar to this

Bet I vaped about a gallon of it before giving it a rest, lol
True that! Now, if anyone could turn me on to a good Juicy Fruit gum recipe, I'd be a happy camper.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
True that! Now, if anyone could turn me on to a good Juicy Fruit gum recipe, I'd be a happy camper.
FA tutti frutti is pretty much juicy fruit gum...... I remember HIC one time saying its the same chemical or whatever in the gum as in the flavoring... or something like that.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
FA tutti frutti is pretty much juicy fruit gum...... I remember HIC one time saying its the same chemical in the gum as in the flavoring... or something like that.
So a stand alone? What percentage would you recommend?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
So a stand alone? What percentage would you recommend?
couple percent should be good. I dont get a lot of change going higher on it taste about the same however. from what I remember

Fyi i get the juicy fruit from FA tutti but also a mint note. Wasn't for me.
dont remember if I ever got a mint flavor from it going to have to try it again , I never really much use it unless someone wants juicy fruit lol, I dont really care for juicy fruit gum so I havent really dove into the flavor and tried to many different things with it.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
couple percent should be good. I dont get a lot of change going higher on it taste about the same however. from what I remember

dont remember if I ever got a mint flavor from it going to have to try it again , I never really much use it unless someone wants juicy fruit lol, I dont really care for juicy fruit gum so I havent really dove into the flavor and tried to many different things with it.

Kinda wonder if I got a "compromised" batch or something like that.

Looked into it having a mint flavor to it a while back, but turned up no relevant search results.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Looked into it having a mint flavor to it a while back, but turned up no relevant search results.
I just smelled some that I have and at least cant smell it, I always remembered it to have the same taste just not the same sweetness and didnt really have the same mouth watering effect. wonder what it would mix good with ?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Id do the same but it would be pointless, im sure my hands and mouth are ozzing with HICS double mint from just whipping it up hahaha

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I had a bottle of Vanilla sitting tightly against a bottle of spearmint, plastic of course.
The Vanilla tasted like mint and I had to dump it.
Glass is better for some flavors.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Nope, there's not supposed to be mint in TFA Tutti Frutty. But I've mentioned before that flavor is just horrible when it's past its prime. It was the first flavor I ever encountered that tasted gross instead of just fading.

FA tutti frutti is pretty much juicy fruit gum...... I remember HIC one time saying its the same chemical or whatever in the gum as in the flavoring... or something like that.

did you ever find your recipe for juicy fruit gum. TFA has a flavor already and I love it.
I just wish I could find a good orange creamsicle

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just wish I could find a good orange creamsicle

CAP Orange Creamsicle and/or FW Orange Dream Bar are pretty good even stand alone.
If you need it more Ice Creamy-ish just add a bit of (TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or TFA Vanilla Swirl) and (TFA Dairy Milk or FW Milk).

Mazul

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
CAP Orange Creamsicle and/or FW Orange Dream Bar are pretty good even stand alone.
If you need it more Ice Creamy-ish just add a bit of (TFA/CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream or TFA Vanilla Swirl) and (TFA Dairy Milk or FW Milk).
I make a grape creamsicle (Grape TPA & TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream) I really enjoy. Might sound weird but just a bit of Gummy Candy (FA, sort of sweet/sour) gives it a 'fake' grape ... Kool-Aid sort of grape flavor that makes it just right for me. Some FA Gummy Candy might help with the orange creamsicle quest too.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors