HIC's FERRERO ROCHER (Nutella truffles)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Ferrero Rocher recipe: these truffles are produced by Ferrero, who also make Nutella. Ferrero Roche are truffles with a hazelnut center, creamy hazelnut ganache, a wafer-thin cookie shell, thick layer of rich milk chocolate, and a coating of chopped hazelnuts. The real candy and this recipe include more hazelnut flavor than Nutella.

2.5% FA Chocolate
1.5% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Hazelnut
1.5% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
1% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

Try to let this sit for a day or two after mixing. The Hazelnut becomes smoother and richer during the first couple of days - but it won't change much after that. This total of 9% flavoring is pretty high, as far as my recipes go, but it will not taste complete if you try to dilute it!

Ferrero's spreads and candies use rich milk chocolate - so you'll notice some percents and ratios here differ from my Swiss Bliss and Toblerone recipes. Acetyl Pyrazine is a key ingredient here, too - it smooths the "powder" out of Cocoa, takes that "liqueur/Hersey's" out of Chocolate, and generally sweetens the combination into chocolate candy. Because Ferrero's chocolate flavor requires less FA Cocoa, it's easier on wicks and less likely to singe than darker chocolate flavors.

Last edited:

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks HiC! :)

Edited to add:
How close are these two new releases...? I can see that they vary by 0.5 of a percent here and there - how do they actually taste? Can you tell them apart rather easily?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Edited to add:
How close are these two new releases...? I can see that they vary by 0.5 of a percent here and there - how do they actually taste? Can you tell them apart rather easily?

Well, they're both primarily chocolate-hazelnut, but fans of Rocher and Nutella would sure insist they're different. The most noticeable difference is that Ferrero Rocher is nuttier; Nutella is a smoother and sweeter flavor. FA Hazelnut is strong, so that 50% additional flavoring isn't as subtle as it looks. The addition of Cookie in Rocher is subtle, though - just a thin layer in the candy, and just a little hint of cookie here. Roche wouldn't be complete without it.

If you just want one hazelnut-chocolate flavor, and if you aren't already a Ferrero Rocher fan, go with Nutella. It'll be the familiar flavor balance, it's a little sweeter, and it's a simpler recipe.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, if using a different nic than VT, how much AP do you think this might take?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wouldn't go over 2%, Huck, or you'll start tasting peanut instead of hazelnut! (try 1.5 first)
Oh, ok, so it was the higher amount in the Swiss Bliss that took me down the Frito path, lol. It was NOT the Swiss Bliss or the AP. That was a total nic fail. I'll one day be out of it... I for some reason thought I needed to use less. I can try it the way it's written, then. Thank you :)

JackyZen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just tasted this yesterday after 2 week steeping (I always steep everything 1-2 weeks) and this recipe blow off my senses! Thank you so much, one of the better juice I ever vaped. :)

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Mixed a 3 ml PV sized sampler that I've impatiently waited a full 36 hours to steep. This is just so amazingly true to the little candies! Going to make a 30ml batch of this later tonight.

For others that vape at higher power, this is really good even up to 35 watts, but was best IMO between 27-30.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Mixed a 3 ml PV sized sampler that I've impatiently waited a full 36 hours to steep. This is just so amazingly true to the little candies! Going to make a 30ml batch of this later tonight.

For others that vape at higher power, this is really good even up to 35 watts, but was best IMO between 27-30.

Thank you for posting back, havok!

Just to add to your notes, I have a bottle that's pretty old now ("fully steeped," if you will) and it's still just great. It's not often I let anything sit that long, but if you do, it won't be a problem at all.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for posting back, havok!

Just to add to your notes, I have a bottle that's pretty old now ("fully steeped," if you will) and it's still just great. It's not often I let anything sit that long, but if you do, it won't be a problem at all.
That's good to know. The 3 ml lasted a couple hours on this juice hungry RDA so figured I better make enough to last a while.

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How high of wattage can you vape this or the Nutella at before it scorches?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Hey @havok333 - I like how you've noted the numbers like this in a couple places lately. It's something I can't test with my (basic, low-powered) hardware, and I know a lot of people will appreciate this info. Would you say that the ingredient with the lowest scorch point is basically the limit for any recipe? I'm wondering if you could, over time, make note of the limits for various popular flavors.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey @havok333 - I like how you've noted the numbers like this in a couple places lately. It's something I can't test with my (basic, low-powered) hardware, and I know a lot of people will appreciate this info. Would you say that the ingredient with the lowest scorch point is basically the limit for any recipe? I'm wondering if you could, over time, make note of the limits for various popular flavors.
I've only very recently been trying dessert type vapes, but have read for a long while that they can scorch at really high wattage. Figured I'd go into it with caution especially with cocoa, and sure enough that one in particular tastes burnt to me if watts are too high.

I'm not even sure of other flavors to be wary of, but cocoa/chocolate was stuck in my brain. I recently got a variable wattage box mod so it's much easier to dial down the watts as needed, but most the time I let 'er rip at 40-50 watts with tobacco/fruit/beverage vapes.

PD Fitzpatrick

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me until now but I think peanut butter flavoring burns easily too. I have tried a few in my dripper and now that I'm thinking about it they were probably 40-50 watts, which is probably too high for peanut butter.

Whatever though peanut butter and Vaping doesn't sound appealing to me.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why this hasn't occurred to me until now but I think peanut butter flavoring burns easily too. I have tried a few in my dripper and now that I'm thinking about it they were probably 40-50 watts, which is probably too high for peanut butter.

Whatever though peanut butter and Vaping doesn't sound appealing to me.
Funny you mention peanut butter, I think that's the next one I'm looking to try. Would imagine all nutty flavors would be bad if burnt so will keep this in mind.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just put in an order for all these FA desert flavors you use and this is one recipe that has me drooling (just a bit :D) cant wait to try it. have a feeling ill need more than 6ml of Acetyl Pyrazine though

SouthMark40UK

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have made this recipe today, but doubled up on all the ingredients % except Acetyl Pyrazine which I have reduced to 1%, think this ingredient is what's making me taste popcorn (which my research into acetyl pyrazine described as "Roasted, nutty, bready and yeasty, with popcorn and corn chip nuances"). I will give it a try in a week (when fully steeped) and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for the great Recipes

Mark

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Made this one a couple of days ago and just tried it.
I don't know how you manage to come up with these recipes HIC but wow, it tastes just like those little balls of chocolatey, hazelnutty goodness.
I can no longer have the candies because of food allergies but thanks to you, I can now vape them at least.
Thanks.
:)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Made this one a couple of days ago and just tried it.
I don't know how you manage to come up with these recipes HIC but wow, it tastes just like those little balls of chocolatey, hazelnutty goodness.
I can no longer have the candies because of food allergies but thanks to you, I can now vape them at least.
Thanks.
:)

You're allergic to nuts but can vape FA Hazelnut? I've often wondered if people with nut allergies can vape nut flavors, so it's good to know! (see next couple posts)

A few candies were sacrificed in making this recipe. FA Hazelnut is perfect for European hazelnut-flavored things.

Last edited:

ouzel

Member For 4 Years
Oh no, I should clarify I'm not allergic to nuts (I don't want to be the cause of someone vaping nut flavors and ending up in the hospital) and I used the wrong word, I have an intolerance to chocolate...it's not life threatening or anything like that I just don't tolerate it well but I don't seem to have any reaction to any chocolate flavorings.

I wondered about that as well, if people with nut allergies can vape nut flavors.
But don't go by what I said, I don't have a nut allergy!! :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Aw, darn. I was hoping nut-allergic people had a way to taste the flavor without reacting. I'll cross out my text above.

TomHanksDied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Aw, darn. I was hoping nut-allergic people had a way to taste the flavor without reacting. I'll cross out my text above.
From what I've studied they can. People are allergic to certain types proteins, the concentrated flavoring doesn't carry them. My friends throat swells up severely if he has Hazelnut. I got to make him a hazlenut ejuice, he was mind blown and no negative effects

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Ferrero Rocher recipe: these truffles are produced by Ferrero, who also make Nutella. Ferrero Roche are truffles with a hazelnut center, creamy hazelnut ganache, a wafer-thin cookie shell, thick layer of rich milk chocolate, and a coating of chopped hazelnuts. The real candy and this recipe include more hazelnut flavor than Nutella.

2.5% FA Chocolate
1.5% FA Cocoa
1.5% FA Hazelnut
1.5% TFA Acetyl Pyrazine: http://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p-6826-acetyl-pyrazine-5-pg.aspx
1% FA Caramel
0.5% FA Cookie
0.5% FA Vienna Cream

Try to let this sit for a day or two after mixing. The Hazelnut becomes smoother and richer during the first couple of days - but it won't change much after that. This total of 9% flavoring is pretty high, as far as my recipes go, but it will not taste complete if you try to dilute it!

Ferrero's spreads and candies use rich milk chocolate - so you'll notice some percents and ratios here differ from my Swiss Bliss and Toblerone recipes. Acetyl Pyrazine is a key ingredient here, too - it smooths the "powder" out of Cocoa, takes that "liqueur/Hersey's" out of Chocolate, and generally sweetens the combination into chocolate candy. Because Ferrero's chocolate flavor requires less FA Cocoa, it's easier on wicks and less likely to singe than darker chocolate flavors.
I made this for my mom, she looooved it :)

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is a really good one. IMO it's much better than your nutella, but this is me ;)
I though this is the kind of recipe that I would add fresh cream, and BANG! Heavenly creamy chocolate vape. My ADV since last week. I just don't vape tobacco anymore haha!

Thanks for this one

*Fresh cream at 1%, over that concentration I could taste the milky aspect. I could try raising vienna instead...
**As a note I added .5% EM to sweeten and remove some dryness from the cacao

Last edited:

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
HIC do you think I'd be better sweetening with .5% vienna cream instead of EM ? I think this would help the flavors through a little bit more, as EM seems to mute them quite a bit.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@domyz - there's no EM or Sucralose in the recipe for just that reason. I always try to use sweet flavorings instead. Marshmallow or Meringue (or both) for you, maybe? Using high VG and really clean nic also lets sweetness shine!

domyz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@domyz - there's no EM or Sucralose in the recipe for just that reason. I always try to use sweet flavorings instead. Marshmallow or Meringue (or both) for you, maybe? Using high VG and really clean nic also lets sweetness shine!
thanks.
I'm done searching for sweetener. I can't wait to switch to vaperstek in that recipe but I still have to finish my other brand nic batch ;) I will give feedback of the VT vs MFS nic on that recipe.

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awesome recipe HIC, I'm looking forward to trying it!

Do you think I can sub FA Hazelnut with Flavor West Hazelnut? I'm not a huge nut about nuts and I'd rather get something else instead of FA Hazelnut.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Do you think I can sub FA Hazelnut with Flavor West Hazelnut? I'm not a huge nut about nuts and I'd rather get something else instead of FA Hazelnut.

FW Hazelnut is creamier & sweeter IMO, should work fine.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

I haven't ever tried FW Hazelnut. Given the other FW flavors I've used, I'd guess it's not near as strong as FA's and would take more. That 1.5% FA Hazelnut is the primary flavor in this recipe (and the candy).

are flavourart cocoa and chocolate clear? i only ask because i made this with capella substitues (pretty much black concentrates) and it killed my coil in less than 3 hours. i just took it to bits and it looked like i'd been vaping on it for 6 months!

it was delicious while it lasted mind...

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Funny you mention peanut butter, I think that's the next one I'm looking to try. Would imagine all nutty flavors would be bad if burnt so will keep this in mind.
I would love to find a good peanut butter flavor but I've had NO luck. Now I realize that maybe it was because I was running it too hot. TFA and CAP PB flavorings are pretty bad standalone. Not much better mixed. I think it was the TFA that tasted exactly like Cosmic Charlie's Peanut Butter and Jesus (which is pretty bad).
I still have some HIC Peanut Butter and Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake mixed up. I need to try them in my Derringer at about 15W and see if they are as awesome as I thought they were going to be.

TomHanksDied

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I really love MBV peanut butter. It's wonderful arrive 4%

Wicky

Member For 4 Years
*Giggles* If she doesn't I swear I will faint o_O She's got alot of the juices and all kinds- I've giggled myself silly seeing her collection of setups and the flavors, but then again I do get to test and see what I like/don't like and all that from her so I'm gonna be nice :p hehe :)

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Smart girl! Yep, I do have them :rolleyes: Yes, I'll put this tasty recipe on the mixing list. I have made it before and it is very good!

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, Huck :p I don't think she'll start mixing, but she seems to like the recipes!

UncleIronLungs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered the hazelnut so I can have a blast at this one.
My other half absolutely loves Ferrero rocher. Wonder if she'll swap her ADV from Hic's strawberry Mocha frappachino to this.
I'll report back with the results.
Cheers as always hic.

VU Sponsors