HIC's GINGER LEMON CREME COOKIES

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
For personal non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

HIC's Ginger Lemon Creme Cookies recipe: suggested by @jaypeeh (thanks!), this is the flavor of Carr's brand Ginger Lemon Creme sandwich cookies. The cookies are sweet, bright ginger flavor, not dark and heavy like gingerbread. There's plenty of that tasty lemon creme filling flavor here. I got a box to nibble on while vaping and fine-tuning this recipe. If you enjoy the cookies, you'll be really happy vaping this! If you can't find the real cookies (found mine at W almart), this is delicious to vape with a cup of afternoon tea.

2% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Cookie
1% NF Organic Ginger
0.5% FA Custard
0.5% FA Vienna Cream
0.5% FA Cinnamon Ceylon
0.5% TFA Brown Sugar
0.5% TFA Molasses** (OR 0.25% FA Rum + 0.25% FA Maple Syrup)

**TFA Molasses flavoring has 'custard note' ingredients. If you want to avoid that, use a combination of FA Rum and FA Maple Syrup for the best results. It won't taste just like Carr's cookies (they use molasses), but it's a very tasty alternative. You can also use 0.5% of either one - tested and tasty, just not Carr's.

Let this one sit a day before you try it! The ginger cookie needs time to 'bake'.

Last edited:

truvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't mean to sound like a noob but what is NF and do u think I can sub TFA maple syrup I have all the rest besides that ginger and maple syrup...it sounds tasty

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Don't mean to sound like a noob but what is NF and do u think I can sub TFA maple syrup I have all the rest besides that ginger and maple syrup...it sounds tasty

NF = Nature's Flavors Organics : http://www.ecigexpress.com/organic-ginger.html - an absolutely excellent flavor!

I think TFA Maple Syrup would sub fine for FA Maple Syrup, since it uses so little. But if you're going to order any flavors, the NF Ginger and TFA Molasses really are ideal for this.

truvapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
NF = Nature's Flavors Organics : http://www.ecigexpress.com/organic-ginger.html - an absolutely excellent flavor!

I think TFA Maple Syrup would sub fine for FA Maple Syrup, since it uses so little. But if you're going to order any flavors, the NF Ginger and TFA Molasses really are ideal for this.
Thanks will have to order some more flavors...this is getting really expensive I just hope the wife approves lol just ordered 200 dollars worth the other day but hell y ask her it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
A little cookie trivia... I read that Oreo had originally also sold a Lemon Meringue cookie. The chocolate ones so out-weighed the sales of the lemon ones, they scrapped them.

jaypeeh

Member For 4 Years
Awesome! This has been something I've wanted to take a crack at for a while but I haven't yet gained the confidence to attempt to replicate anything too specific. I love treats that have flavors that sharply contrast with eachother on their own but can come together to become greater than the sum of it's parts.. like PB&J! Anyway, I'm gonna go ahead and order the 2 components I'm missing for this recipe and give it a go. Looking forward to it!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I made this yesterday and just tpopped in the Reo with a 1.2 ohm'ish coil. My tastebuds must still be asleep - I'm not getting any lemon from this yet, so I'm going to increase the whole flavor percentage by about 50% and give it another go!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Amanda, if I think "ginger cookie" that part tastes strongest. If I think "lemon cream" I taste mostly that. I hope making it stronger lets you do that, too.

(ps - If you like ginger-lemon, you should try these real cookies, too. I rip 'em apart Oreo-style and make them double-stuffed :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amanda, if I think "ginger cookie" that part tastes strongest. If I think "lemon cream" I taste mostly that. I hope making it stronger lets you do that, too.

(ps - If you like ginger-lemon, you should try these real cookies, too. I rip 'em apart Oreo-style and make them double-stuffed :D

I'm sure it will - I also made up a second batch with high VG for a low ohm coil - I'll try that as well, and see if that makes a difference.

Oh, cookies..........LOL I vape them so I don't feel tempted to eat them:p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Cookies were made to be eaten :). My poor attempt at sarcasm... Sorry about that.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Again, very sorry. You're never rude.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again, very sorry. You're never rude.

LOL, actually I can be, but generally not online;)

So I doubled the flavoring in this recipe and it's stronger but funnily enough not an 'in your face' flavor - which it should be at that percentage! Going to let the rest sit until tomorrow, but I have an idea that my tastebuds are only picking up on the ginger, so I might just have to reduce that percentage only!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That NF Ginger is no sissy; love that stuff.
If 12+% seems light to you, I wonder if my cheap-a$$, knock-off, low-end hardware has some kind of advantage with some flavors.
The lemon flavor here comes from both Lemon Sicily and Custard; that 4:1 ratio can be raised or lowered by itself if you like. For example, double both, or cut both in half...
Ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses all contribute to the ginger-cookie flavor and can be raised/lowered similarly.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ah ok - what I think I'll do then is to double just the lemon and custard percentages and leave the rest the same. They're my favorite flavor combo anyway, so can't think of anything I wouldn't like about that! I don't make any recipes at 12%! I also tried it in a dripper on a 0.3 ohm coil, and found the flavors much the same as in the Reo. So, yes, either your hardware or your tastebuds are giving you something different. Has your partner tried this one?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Has your partner tried this one?

Yes - one (real) cookie and one tank of this :) It got thumbs up for the flavor match at the percents above, followed by a request for more Kringle and Limoncello, as always. (We both use the same hardware, but my partner uses 50/50 VG/PG, same 15mg or so on the nic)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait - you said lemon/custard in a 4:1 ratio, but your recipe calls for 2% lemon 0.5% custard.....

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That NF Ginger is no sissy; love that stuff.
If 12+% seems light to you, I wonder if my cheap-a$$, knock-off, low-end hardware has some kind of advantage with some flavors.
The lemon flavor here comes from both Lemon Sicily and Custard; that 4:1 ratio can be raised or lowered by itself if you like. For example, double both, or cut both in half...
Ginger, brown sugar, cinnamon, and molasses all contribute to the ginger-cookie flavor and can be raised/lowered similarly.

I'm using a cheap-o bcc at 4v and 1.8 ohms, and HIC's percents are spot on to me.
This is really good too.

Edit: If I wanted it a bit stronger I might just creep em all up a tiny bit...

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
downInTn - how ya been! Vaping FA tobaccos, or ...?

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
HIC's Ginger Lemon Creme Cookies recipe: suggested by @jaypeeh (thanks!), this is the flavor of Carr's brand Ginger Lemon Creme sandwich cookies.

These are my fave cookies, so I'm looking forward to trying out this recipe once I can locate some Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger in a smaller quantity than NF sells it... no one else seems to have it currently.:(

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are my fave cookies, so I'm looking forward to trying out this recipe once I can locate some Nature's Flavors Organic Ginger in a smaller quantity than NF sells it... no one else seems to have it currently.:(

Were you the one with the annoying ECX experience? If so, yeah - it's going to be hard (impossible?) to get unless you buy it from ECX!

Just double checked - that wasn't you! EcigExpress usually has it in stock. If you don't see if on the website, try calling them. I buy 10mls at a time from them.

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Nah. I got a pile of flavorings from them when they had their 40% off sale, but Ginger wasn't available then either... they don't even have it listed as out of stock.
Next time I'm ready to order some more stuff, I'll call them first to try and snag some.

Azyre

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I ended up getting it from ejuice4u. I spoke with ECX and they said Natures Flavors stopped making it, so they won't be carrying it anymore. If I end up liking this stuff, I will probably get a big bottle direct from NF so I have some for a rainy day.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Copypasta from my other post about a ginger source info-search I went on:

"I found out it's [probably] a tea and coffee flavoring. An ECF forum supplier posts a flavor invoice for social approval here for example. Also:

NF product page: "Ingredients: Organic Flavors, Vegetable Glycerin, and Organic Ethyl Alcohol." Matches the ingredients of HIC's source (ejuice4u.com). Also from the NF product page (first link):

"... they will mix into Glycerin, and Propylene Glycol solutions even better than our Organic Flavor Extracts."

There's a no diacetyl version here, but it's not described as organic... it also has "natural" flavors. I would think we want that version. On the NF company store site bestflavors.com, this apparently identical product is also being marketed as "for vaping" - no diacetyl, not listed as organic.

In the "about us" at bestflavors.com, its says it's owned by the CEO of NF, but there is no link I could find to it from the NF site."

Last edited:

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could FA Cardamom maybe sub the ginger? Got all the flavors, but NF's shipping to Denmark is absurdly expensive.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Could FA Cardamom maybe sub the ginger? Got all the flavors, but NF's shipping to Denmark is absurdly expensive.

That is a really good-sounding idea! Cardamom goes great with all citrus.

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is a really good-sounding idea! Cardamom goes great with all citrus.
I'll give it a go then, mixing it tonight, and try it out tomorrow. Reporting back of course! :)

Edit: Should i half then percentage of it, or would it be fine to use it at 1% ?

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So i'm vaping the mix now, with cardamom. And i have to say, it's really good. Might lower the percentage to .75% next time though, it's a little too dominating. But so far, so good. I'm enjoying it! :)

VU Sponsors